Alien: Isolation (Linux, Mac, Windows, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, 360, PS3)

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm loving this. Not so much as scary as it is tense.
Went through a 40 minute stretch of significant progress and was desperately trying to get to a saving station.
I thought I knew the feeling in video games but you don't really grasp or feel the significance of survival until you're placed in that situation.
I'm on Mission 8 and I've only died/been found twice thus far. Both were death by Alien in which I lingered in the area for far too long.
I try my best to not linger in one spot for too long and before I move across the room or down the hall, I do a visual sweep & identify anything in the area that I can behind or in - JUST IN CASE she pops up.
The Alien is somewhat omnipresent but overall, I'm enjoying it.
Was actually funny when I was hiding underneath a bed and a couple of hostile humans were patrolling the hallway I was in.
Her hunt for me led her to them, and she swooped in and completely eviscerated the pair, giving me time to move to the adjacent room.
shyt was extremely organic and entertaining because it was completely unscripted.
:wow:

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Also, on easy and normal, you can walk straight up without alerting the Alien, but on every difficulty, running is akin to ringing a fukking dinner bell.
DON'T do it or you'll be reloading ten seconds later, guaranteed.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
watched Alien again last night. they really did a great job on the setting and atmosphere in this game. shyt looks exactly like the movie
yup. one of the first things that let me know this was a good game. Developers nailed the feel of Scott's Alien. From the terminals, the sounds, the music, etc.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
when you walk into a dark hallway and all the fluorescent (style) lights come on one at a time :banderas:

Last edited:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Finally got killed by the alien. I was sneakin out around some corner, paying attention to the heat beat monitor, and the alien dropped from the vents. I just stared at it like :noah: shyt looked awesome. Then it walked up the hallway, I walked backwards for a second and it heard me and sprinted at me and was on me in 2 seconds flat

:damn:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Also, on easy and normal, you can walk straight up without alerting the Alien, but on every difficulty, running is akin to ringing a fukking dinner bell.
DON'T do it or you'll be reloading ten seconds later, guaranteed.

You can't run on Normal either. I ran to a different floor and hid in a locker and she still found me somehow

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
You can't run on Normal either. I ran to a different floor and hid in a locker and she still found me somehow

Lol I think you misread my post.
That's exactly what I said.
You can't run on any difficulty without her honing in on your location.
Sprinting is really only useful for levels without the alien.
Comes in handy with the androids, though it's best to just sneak around if you can.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Lol I think you misread my post.
That's exactly what I said.
You can't run on any difficulty without her honing in on your location.
Sprinting is really only useful for levels without the alien.
Comes in handy with the androids, though it's best to just sneak around if you can.
when you're running from a 'droid trying to kill you, and they say "running causes accidents" :troll:

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
you lost hard if you really try/tried to shyt on this tbh