After observing the SAHBI video for "PULL UP WITH A STICK"..i think i owe PHONZI an apology

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Big Daddy negged you for your post in the thread After observing the SAHBI video for "PULL UP WITH A STICK"..i think i owe PHONZI an apology. With the following comment: -10 did you just say negative music isn't destructive?
11:58 AM

Prove that it is. Put the myth to bed today. Show actual proof that is. No OPINION......state Facts........that's what we dealing with facts right?

Young dudes i know personally have told me certain songs/artists make them wanna trap harder

Mobb deep at times had me thinking I was tougher than I was as a shorty

I definitely think hip hop has the power to change the youths mentality for the better if there were better messages in the music consistently

The negative aspects in hip hop can negatively influence the youth a lot imo but you can argue if it wasn't hip hop poisoning the youth it would just be something else

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Any nikka with a DSLR is Hype Williams now :mjlol:

I'm almost as offended by the lack of production equipment and quality of post than I am by the perpetuation of negative stereotypes :hhh:

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's been a good 12 years and they still keep pumping these brain dead trap/turn-up music despite the shyt not even selling like that. When craccas take financial L's for the sake of promoting a specific brand of ignorance you gotta ask yourself, WHY?

Been like that since 2003. Yeah, for the past decade and a half, they been pumping the most one hit wonders in the history of Hip Hop. They sell the least, perform in these hole in the wall clubs, they sign to 360 deals that leave them broke, and can't make an album. It's been suspect on why these non profitable dudes keep getting shine. :jbhmm:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Saw a warped community supporting one of their own, happy to get some shine. The guns were a bit much......but you clearly saw a sense of community. The song is garbage and I don't support trash rap, but some people only look at the outside and don't take time to delve deeper. I watched the whole video and saw pride in alot of people repping their neighborhood, repping their gang, or what ever. But they were there together supporting one of their own. How can people hate that? Think some people get hung up on the perception of what defines black negativity and anything outside of prep school attire and school books is unacceptable.

But these same people will talk about the effects of white supremacy, but can't see how that same white supremacy has warped their own outlook of shame when it comes to how they seem themselves. So anything that is not considered as acceptable based on the dis approval rating of whites is c00n or self destructive.

@ridedolo @bdizzle

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
All signs point to it not being.

Lemme share this...

Don't know how old you are, but im old enough to where the radio was completely different. Your sexual or violent message had to ne carefully hidden in metaphors or similes.

None of that shyt where the key words are bleeped. You had to make a real CLEAN version to get play.

As a youth we didn't like that and championed 2 Live Crew to win their court case. Radio completely changed after them.

Now, on the radio today, while you're riding with your kids. You will hear songs with the sexual or violent lyrics barely bleeped. A idiot can place the one profane word bleeped out. You hear things about one leg over here, the other leg over there, and I'm in the middle smashing.

Kids now through media know much more than we did as kids. They're exposed to it early. That's why kids in large numbers are fukking as early as 6th grade!

Music isn't the cause of course. But it is the soundtrack. Many kids wouldn't know shyt bout dope or guns if not for music. Many kids don't have crackhead parents now. Why are they still yearning to grow up like they do? Because the artists they see and hear portray themselves as growing up in thay environment.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been like that since 2003. Yeah, for the past decade and a half, they been pumping the most one hit wonders in the history of Hip Hop. They sell the least, perform in these hole in the wall clubs, they sign to 360 deals that leave them broke, and can't make an album. It's been suspect on why these non profitable dudes keep getting shine. :jbhmm:
If you recall, '03 was around the time BET was exposed for keeping more thought provoking, intelligent rap videos out of programming and playing a lot more mindless bullshyt. That directive didn't come from the shot callers at BET...that most likely came from Viacom. Every poster in this thread who doesn't see the correlation between the negative images and music our community is inundated with and the strategy of keeping us chained to violence, drugs and misogyny is functionally retarded and not worth going back and forth with...and it's about 4 of you dudes in this thread.