After A Month of Watching AEW, I Gotta Admit. . . .

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
giphy.gif

Nice!!!!:lolbron::salute:
fukk Star Wars.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don't think it's fair to compare AEW to Lucha Underground or Lucha Underground to any wrestling promotion. Lucha Underground was a television show so they had to emphasize the storylines, characters, and outside the ring stuff a lot more.

AEW reminds me of mid to late 90s WCW. More emphasis on wrestling and treating it like a legitimate sport. Jericho is the biggest name on the roster so he'll definitely get the most attention. I can definitely see Scorpio Sky getting a push and becoming the champion down the line.

I do have a problem with spamming finishers, picture in picture during commercials, and too much flippy shyt for my liking. I think they need to add a few Mark Henry, Bradshaw, Kevin Owen, etc types to the roster. Not every wrestler needs to be able to do a moonsault, hurricrana, etc.

They do have me excited though and actually has me looking forward and excited for the next show. I haven't felt like that when it comes to wrestling since 2001.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I miss LU too, and despite minor gripes with AEW (bad women’s division, Marko Stunt getting screen time, etc), AEW, NXT, and NWA make up the bulk of my wrestling viewing (sprinkled in with certain matches/segments from Impact and New Japan), and they’re all different enough for me to be satisfied. Other than what I see scrolling on twitter, I’ve tossed Raw/SD to the side and feel like a better person for it.

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
This idea that they have a thin roster is lies :laugh: it’s just a bad talking point that’s been said enough to the point that people just go along with it. They have more than enough talent.

The shows aren’t perfect but they are great every single week and make me anticipate the next episode. The shows have a sense of unpredictably that hasn’t been felt since the Monday night wars night imo. My main issue is with people that nitpick the product but also settle for watching Raw & Smackdown every single week :heh:

the fukking audacity.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I’ve only watched two episodes of AEW and they’ve both been fun enough that I look forward to the next episode :yeshrug:

Sure, the shows aren’t perfect, but what show or company is?

I would like it if they could add a couple of more heavyweight wrestlers but it’s not something too pressing :manny:

so far, not bad for a new company

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
How many times must I tell you that you are discussing wrestling on an internet message board so you're also a mark.

How many times do i gota tell u what makes someone a markkk

When u compare marko stunt to fukkn rey mysterio its a disgrace...

When u say omg i cried after cody n golddust :mjlol::mjlol:

A markkk wont criticize the product(aew) no matter what n act like everything they do is like a gift from god

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
How many times do i gota tell u what makes someone a markkk

When u compare marko stunt to fukkn rey mysterio its a disgrace...

When u say omg i cried after cody n golddust :mjlol::mjlol:

A markkk wont criticize the product(aew) no matter what n act like everything they do is like a gift from god
I don't give a shyt about people comparing Marko Stunt to Rey Mysterio or people crying after a match,

YOU DISCUSS WRESTLING ON AN INTERNET FORUM!!!! YOU'RE A MARK!!!
giphy.gif