African Immigirants Most educated groups in the US.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
While having parents who worked their butts off for us is not unique, what is unique is the difference in outcomes of their children. Children of black parents aren't as well off as children of immigrants.

And that simply does not ring true to me and why i questioned it immediately. I truly believe that stats are skewed by immigrants who come to the united states FOR college and or with money.

Daps
And that simply does not ring true to me and why i questioned it immediately. I truly believe that stats are skewed by immigrants who come to the united states FOR college and or with money.

All immigrants come to this country to get something out of it, regardless of if they have money or not. What else are they coming here for? I don't see how that skews the statistics. Or is it because slaves came here by force, and immigrants didn't?:ld:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
All immigrants come to this country to get something out of it, regardless of if they have money or not. What else are they coming here for? I don't see how that skews the statistics. Or is it because slaves came here by force, and immigrants didn't?:ld:

Partially but what i meant was that MANY immigrants come to the united states because they were already accepted into universities and have a student visa and eventually end up living here. That skews education/migrant statistics

Daps
Partially but what i meant was that MANY immigrants come to the united states because they were already accepted into universities and have a student visa and eventually end up living here. That skews education/migrant statistics

Fine, even if that's the case, so what? Why don't black people get accepted to college and skew their own statistics?

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
For sure a cultural thing; admirable at the least. I feel bad for those who want to pursue trades without their family's support though (not everyone is like that obviously but the latter exist).

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
On the one hand I love reading shyt like this but the bloom comes off pretty quick because the immediate response from Africans is to shyt on AAs. Why? The article was comparing groups of immigrants but you still go out of your way to shyt on native blacks? :rudy:

People seem to understate the fact that it's not cheap nor easy to immigrate to America. So whether rich or poor the average immigrant is going to have a hustler's mentality. Then when they get here they have programs set up to help them adjust. Not only that, there are usually communities of families and like minded individuals already here to ease the transition. Since the average African Hoodrat or bum ass neega can't make the trip you have most of the detrimental elements locked out and the homeland is represented by the best and the brightest.

Of course one only needs to look back towards the homeland and see what a shyt hole it is. The continent is full of corrupt, poverty stricken, disease ravaged, war torn nations. If the detrimental elements of African society had easy access to the American border like Mexicans do those statistics would tell a different story.

Daps
Because we started from a different starting line than any immigrant group. My previous replies outline this well.

But what you failed to explain is what the difference was between black families who thrive and those who fall between the cracks in this country (which statistically is most of them). Any African in Africa will tell you they would come here and clean toilets and wipe old people's asses to make money and go to school here. I mean, it's the same way Mexicans come here and hustle, doing the shyt jobs that regular Americans won't do all so they can make money to send home and get ahead. I'm not really understanding why you think the struggle of black people/slavery is more detrimental than the suffering that any other group of people in the world goes through.

Daps
On the one hand I love reading shyt like this but the bloom comes off pretty quick because the immediate response from Africans is to shyt on AAs. Why? The article was comparing groups of immigrants but you still go out of your way to shyt on native blacks? :rudy:

People seem to understate the fact that it's not cheap nor easy to immigrate to America. So whether rich or poor the average immigrant is going to have a hustler's mentality. Then when they get here they have programs set up to help them adjust. Not only that, there are usually communities of families and like minded individuals already here to ease the transition. Since the average African Hoodrat or bum ass neega can't make the trip you have most of the detrimental elements locked out and the homeland is represented by the best and the brightest.

Of course one only needs to look back towards the homeland and see what a shyt hole it is. The continent is full of corrupt, poverty stricken, disease ravaged, war torn nations. If the detrimental elements of African society had easy access to the American border like Mexicans do those statistics would tell a different story.

It compared African immigrants to African Americans..:yeshrug:

Your post makes a lot of sense though, I didn't think of it that way.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
But what you failed to explain is what the difference was between black families who thrive and those who fall between the cracks in this country (which statistically is most of them). Any African in Africa will tell you they would come here and clean toilets and wipe old people's asses to make money and go to school here. I mean, it's the same way Mexicans come here and hustle, doing the shyt jobs that regular Americans won't do all so they can make money to send home and get ahead. I'm not really understanding why you think the struggle of black people/slavery is more detrimental than the suffering that any other group of people in the world goes through.
If i knew the difference, i'd go on tour and make money sharing it. I outlined the factors, not why some people fall prey to those factors.

You brought up slavery, not me. And we are not discussing or comparing international suffering to american struggle; dont move the goalposts.

To turn a coin, why are mexicans who have had generations to do what youre talking about lagging in weath and education growth so badly?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Agreed on all counts

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Of course you didn't see it that way. Not many do. But if you detached Mexico/Central America from the southern border of the US and tossed it across the ocean and attached Nigeria, India and China to the various ass ends of America you'd see a much different immigrant than the "braniac" type with which you are accustomed.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Uhh..no, its because the africans which migrate to america typically come over with a strong family education background and money. The elite of the rest of the world migrate to america and skew stats. Americans who move to germany, uk, and japan are PRETTY EDUCATED for example.

Lets compare 2nd and 3rd generation migrants, or even more so, african immigrants vs their korean, chinese and indian counterparts.

Lets compare apples to apples :upsetfavre:

You are absolutely correct. This is sociology 101.

I don't want to take anything away from anyone. First and second generation immigrants typically work very hard to get where they are in life; however, there is a selection bias in regard to the type of immigrants (African, Asian, and etc) who come to the United States. Also, by the third generation, African and African Americans statistics look very similar (google it). What does that tell you?

With that being said...that is a hell of an accomplishment. Like someone else said, it looks like Africans deserve the model minority title. I sure we know why they will never get it.

Daps
If i knew the difference, i'd go on tour and make money sharing it. I outlined the factors, not why some people fall prey to those factors.

You brought up slavery, not me. And we are not discussing or comparing international suffering to american struggle; dont move the goalposts.

To turn a coin, why are mexicans who have had generations to do what youre talking about lagging in weath and education growth so badly?

Well, I think the reason why people fall prey to those factors is the issue here. I don't know why either, who does.

To your second question, Keith Harrow brought up a very good argument. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just bringing up my experiences/point of view and genuinely asking questions.

Of course you didn't see it that way. Not many do. But if you detached Mexico/Central America from the southern border of the US and tossed it across the ocean and attached Nigeria, India and China to the various ass ends of America you'd see a much different immigrant than the "braniac" type with which you are accustomed.

Very, very good point. I am actually going to use this argument the next time I have a discussion about this topic (which is more than occasionally).