African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Racism / Race Baiting
Then we wonder why literally nobody in the world likes us (African Americans). Backwards ass mindset about everything smh

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Then we wonder why literally nobody in the world likes us (black Americans). Backwards ass mindset about everything smh

Not me I love black americans I dated 3 black Americans and the only thing that ruined it was like long distance because I don't want to live in America

Other than that nah the love and respect is there for the most part

Common a black american, put my cousin on to his first big movie Burning Sands, my cousin is born in America but his father is born in England

Without that there would be no Supacell on Netflix or it would be different.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Not me I love black americans I dated 3 black Americans and the only thing that ruined it was like long distance because I don't want to live in America

Other than that nah the love and respect is there for the most part

Common a black american, put my cousin on to his first big movie Burning Sands, my cousin is born in America but his father is born in England

Without that there would be no Supacell on Netflix or it would be different.
When I said "nobody" I meant other groups of people, in general. There are always outliers but when I'm speaking on majorities

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So does everybody universally agree that in the U.S , black means ADOS/FBA?

because I'm not ADOS/FBA but if I go around saying I'm not black , people will look at me as if I'm a c00n.
Coli milic00ns simultaneaously try to gatekeep blackness and accuse others of distancing themselves from blackness. In the end, they just want to be able to hate on other black people.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
So because ur grandmother picked cotton she weren't educated

:what: Are you serious rn?! NO, she was not educated. She left school for the fields in 3rd grade because that was life for poor, rural black kids back then. She fled for her life in the middle of the night and came to a place where she continued to clean ww's houses. The schools were segregated. There are no HBCU's here. What the fukking fukk? You so bold with it and don't know shyt. It's disrespectful, you don't see that?

Also mollywopped by white is fun to you but when black people in England were standing up with black americans in 2020 where was the

'Dey not black dey Africans energy?'

Goodbye
:mjtf: I'll remind you that you heart emoji'd a post I made yesterday saying I put money on son you cosigned. It's not funny to me AT ALL. It's a fact. And while white nationalism is on the rise all over the world, what are black immigrants in the US doing? Talking down on other black people. We don't wanna hear no colorism/ featurism shyt from her rn.

But you said you ain't even watch, so, again, what you so mad for? Why you in here arguing so hard for a c00n?

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
This is why y’all can’t speak on black American issues :mjlol:
She isn't speaking on your "black american" issues.

She is speaking about her experince as a Black woman in America, who happens to be continental African, and isn't seen as any different in the eyes of racists.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm not living in America however I would never let any American of any colour tell me I'm not BLACK when black is on my birth certificate and my mother's birth certificate etc

Fukk out of here if she doesn't feel she is black or maybe she feels more African because that is where she was born. If I live somewhere and pay my taxes somewhere and what that government does with my tax money impacts me directly,
I'm gonna talk on it with NO body permission.
All of this is moot

Africans are black
Black Americans are black
Black Latinos are black

Black is Race/skin tone
It’s not as complex as all these fools trying to make it.
She's playing timid cuz she know she wrong. She been here 12 yrs. I have jeans older than that. :mjlol:

No, she don't get to speak on colorism, texturism, and featurism- internal FBA issues. She doesn't have the right to tell us who to exclude from blackness. Nobody wants or asked for her opinion. She can talk about why the wm ran her out of her country and how FBA gave her a safe haven.

Do Africans pop all this colororism/ texturism/ featurism shyt when they go to latino countries? Do they even go to latino countries? If no, why not? Exactly.
What if a person is born in America but their parents are African immigrants

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You’re referring to social racism. Racism is far more complex than “you look black”

Arthur (2000) stated that most participants in his study of first generation African immigrants “acknowledged that their foreign backgrounds made it difficult, if not impossible, to grasp the meaning of lack-White polarization in American society” (pp. 73-74). Ogbu & Simons (1998) suggest that many Black immigrants are voluntary immigrants who come to the United States for economic reasons, social mobility and educational opportunities. As a result, they may be more optimistic about overcoming racial barriers in the United States or see these barriers as less significant than African Americans (Ogbu & Simons, 1998). Additionally, because of racial discrimination, some Black immigrants actively work against being perceived as African American, as a protective form of social distancing (Jackson, 2010). Social distancing by Black immigrants can include the use of cultural objects (e.g. national flags, accents) to highlight an ethnic/foreign identity that can protect from racial stereotypes and prejudices that are projected towards African Americans (Jackson, 2010; Vickerman, 2001; Waters 1999). ). Another form of social distancing includes avoiding close relationships with African Americans.

Coli milic00ns simultaneaously try to gatekeep blackness and accuse others of distancing themselves from blackness. In the end, they just want to be able to hate on other black people.
:mjlol: No, you fukking clown. That's what chick in the op was doing. What she gon tell us about featurism and colorism? Are we somehow expected to exclude our ls/ wavy grandmas from the family tree??

My father is a twin. He's a ds bm. His twin sister looks like an Asian woman. We not doing this with yall. Yall sound crazy. America is not wherever you came from.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
She isn't speaking on your "black american" issues.

She is speaking about her experince as a Black woman in America, who happens to be continental African, and isn't seen as any different in the eyes of racists.
She just said she’s not a black woman, she’s African.

The fact that y’all think you won’t be seen differently in the eyes of racists means you don’t understand racism thus you can’t speak on black american issues.

Her examples of issues were “colorism” and “texturing”

Those issues have nothing to do with America. In fact, colorism is worse in Africa than it is in the US.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
She just said she’s not a black woman, she’s African.

The fact that y’all think you won’t be seen differently in the eyes of racists means you don’t understand racism thus you can’t speak on black american issues.

Her examples of issues were “colorism” and “texturing”

Those issues have nothing to do with America. In fact, colorism is worse in Africa than it is in the US.
So if i say the the grass isnt green and the sky isnt blue, even though they both are, that means they are not?

Get off that type of reasoning.

Opinions dont trump objective truths.

She is a Black woman, who happens to be continental African, in America, and she can speak on issues she deals with as a Black woman in America.

She doesn't need your permission. Who are you?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
There is no less c00nish. Use your platform to speak on what's going on in your home country.
So she’s allowed to speak on her home country, that she likely knows very little about, but she can’t speak on her own experiences because it happens to be based on her blackness
She's asking for permission to speak on Black issues in America

I didn't watch the video because anyone black asking black people for permission to speak is lacking self efficacy and self esteem.
She’s only asking if she can speak on issues that actually affect her. Colorism, texturism, featurism, etc. Those are pretty surface level black issues that aren’t even unique to Black Americans, except for maybe the people (white supremacists) who perpetuate the behaviors.