African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’ve written this over a dozen times on this site: ‘ADOS’ have a serious blind spot. When the conversation comes up, yall immediately think of an OVERT African, an accent, someone that you can see is African from a mile away, or whose names give when away, as the face of non-Ados. And there’s a subsequent nose up reaction

What is always forgotten is the 1st generation Africans who were born here, Carribeans, Afro-latinas, people whose faces and/or names are not overtly non-Ados (ie ‘Richards, Wallace’ are Jamaican names). These are ALSO non-ADOS but that energy is never the same. Yall gon tell Busta Rhymes born and raised in Brooklyn he can’t speak to a black experience? :what:

The picking ad choosing is bytchmade. Folk will attack what they take as a weaker African, but when it’s time for the Forbes richest list filled with Africans oh then it’s black excellence :childplease:or shyt like this….

GettyImages-2165381862.jpg

“THE FIRST ALL BLACK PODIUM”

Oh so when it’s time for triumph and recognition it’s ‘black’. ‘Oh no no Nipsey black on his momma side he good :whoa:‘. That shyt weak. Everything about the “FBA” movement is contradictions, self hate, front running. Bad all around

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
If the roles were reversed, Nigerians (just as an example) wouldn't call a Black American "Nigerian" just because they've been in the country for an extended period of time.

I think you can speak on issues that effect you, but i understand why people would value your opinion as much as a ADOS person's

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
If the roles were reversed, Nigerians (just as an example) wouldn't call a Black American "Nigerian" just because they've been in the country for an extended period of time.

I think you can speak on issues that effect you, but i understand why people would value your opinion as much as a ADOS person's
So does this mean blacc ppl in the suburbs should stop speaking on issues that affect just black ppl in the hood?

Daps
My only issue is her saying she's not black.. She mostly definitely is black.. She's a black African person.. Just like how there are white African people.. My family is originally from West Africa Sierra Leone but me and my sisters were born here in the United States and YOU GOT DAMN RIGHT I CAN SPEAK ON ISSUES THAT AFFECT ME AS A AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK MAN LIVING IN THE U.S.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
Your analogy doesn’t make any sense. The color of the sky and grass are objective facts. Race is not an objective fact. You sound silly imposing a racial identity on a person that they reject. You’re saying she’s black, she’s saying she’s not.

We’re going to take her preference of identity over your opinion. With that being said, as an AFRICAN woman, she can speak on colorism, texturism, etc because those are not black American specific issues.

Who am I? I am an African-American. She wants my opinion. Who are you?
You are a nobody, and you have no control here, or over anything for that matter.

She is a Black woman who is an American citizen, but she cant speak on Black American issues? Who is sounding silly now?

It is an objective fact that she is a Black American woman (provided she is a citizen).

I have two hands and feet. If say I don't have them, it doesn't mean they cease to exist.

God forbid if she got in trouble with the law, she will not be labeled as an African for race. All her statistics will be ran under Black.

So wtf are you talking about?

You are just a bunch of hateful xenophobic clowns that are equivilant to white trash who hate other groups for no logical reason.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You are a nobody, and you have no control here, or over anything for that matter.

She is a Black woman who is an American citizen, but she cant speak on Black American issues? Who is sounding silly now?

It is an objective fact that she is a Black American woman (provided she is a citizen).

I have two hands and feet. If say I don't have them, it doesn't mean they cease to exist.

God forbid if she got in trouble with the law, she will not be labeled as an African for race. All her statistics will be ran under Black.

So wtf are you talking about?

You are just a bunch of hateful xenophobic clowns that are equivilant to white trash who hate other groups for no logical reason.
You. You are still the one sounding silly. You keep calling someone black who told you they are not black.

Just because you’re an immigrant who is confused about your racial identity doesn’t mean you can impose your confusion on other people.

She’s an African that says she’s not black but we are the xenophobic ones? :heh:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
My only issue is her saying she's not black.. She mostly definitely is black.. She's a black African person.. Just like how there are white African people.. My family is originally from West Africa Sierra Leone but me and my sisters were born here in the United States and YOU GOT DAMN RIGHT I CAN SPEAK ON ISSUES THAT AFFECT ME AS A AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK MAN LIVING IN THE U.S.
You are not an African-American. You are a sierra-leonian American. :ufdup:

that guy

Superstar
Daps

:sas2:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Whole time I thought these were midget kangaroos and wallabies were some Clarks shoes

Only to find out these are some wallabies

@koalabreh come and explain your cousins to me and don't tell me 'they not like us' 🤣