African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
She's asking for permission to speak on Black issues in America

I didn't watch the video because anyone black asking black people for permission to speak is lacking self efficacy and self esteem.
She's playing timid cuz she know she wrong. She been here 12 yrs. I have jeans older than that. :mjlol:

No, she don't get to speak on colorism, texturism, and featurism- internal FBA issues. She doesn't have the right to tell us who to exclude from blackness. Nobody wants or asked for her opinion. She can talk about why the wm ran her out of her country and how FBA gave her a safe haven.

Do Africans pop all this colororism/ texturism/ featurism shyt when they go to latino countries? Do they even go to latino countries? If no, why not? Exactly.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:skip: But she literally said, "I'm not black, I'm African." She's excluding HERSELF.

Exactly
Better off just saying you black and doubling down on being African cuz we can clearly see shorty is black.

What's there to discuss if you excluding yourself off jump. :dahell:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
We all have to realize our perspectives are different. We don't see the world the same.

I'm mad I wasted my time watching this. She explained being a c00n. There were no revelations. She trynna get the bag and it's 'fukk yall nikkas'.

Also, in her words, Africans have more in common with white racist Southern Baptists. Bet nobody gon call her on it, though.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
She can say that all she wants, but it doesn't change the fact that she is a Black woman in America. You and her won't be treated differently by the dominant culture

She just doesn't identify as "Black American" because that is seen by many Africans as what some of you call "fba".

I dont agree with it but thats the common held belief
This is why y’all can’t speak on black American issues :mjlol:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Exactly
Better off just saying you black and doubling down on being African cuz we can clearly see shorty is black.

What's there to discuss if you excluding yourself off jump. :dahell:
This is what the whole FBA/ADOS movement is about.

Black people, whose lineage is not American, have always excluded themselves from African-Americans and for the first time in our history, we are embracing that we have our own heritage and lineage as black Americans.

Now that we are claiming our own heritage based lineage they say we are being “divisive”

that guy

Superstar
Daps
She's asking for permission to speak on Black issues in America

I didn't watch the video because anyone black asking black people for permission to speak is lacking self efficacy and self esteem.
The problem with people like her is they are
disingenuous.

FBA/ADOS Americans thought that all “black” people are simply black people. We don’t separate black people based on their nationality or ethnic heritage.

However, from my time traveling the world, and dating multiple black ethnic groups (nigerian, Ethiopian, Colombian, etc) They all associate “black” with African-Americans exclusively. They don’t refer to themselves as “black” in their respective countries. In Nigeria, you are Yoruba, Igbo, housa, etc.

If you are an African-American and you go to Nigeria for instance, you are not “black” you are just “American.” This applies to most black countries in the world. Not only that, but unlike America, you will not be treated and welcomed as one of their own just because you’re “black”

Black immigrants are fully aware of this misunderstanding and they exploit that weakness when it is beneficial to them.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
She's playing timid cuz she know she wrong. She been here 12 yrs. I have jeans older than that. :mjlol:

No, she don't get to speak on colorism, texturism, and featurism- internal FBA issues. She doesn't have the right to tell us who to exclude from blackness. Nobody wants or asked for her opinion. She can talk about why the wm ran her out of her country and how FBA gave her a safe haven.

Do Africans pop all this colororism/ texturism/ featurism shyt when they go to latino countries? Do they even go to latino countries? If no, why not? Exactly.

She can speak on colorism texturism and featurism her country colonised and she's in a former colony right now so I'm more than sure she has experienced these things first hand. As a woman wearing her own natural hair and not a weave or perm I'm certain she has.

Wdym do Africans even go 2 Latino countries? I'm sure africans were taken to ALL the americas not Aliens and Unicorns.

And they still migrate now to those countries as Doctors and Nurses etc

The only thing she did wrong imo was ask for permission

She can use the 📱 that was created by the minerals in AFRICA to voice her opinion. You just don't have to agree.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The problem with people like her is they are
disingenuous.

FBA/ADOS Americans thought that all “black” people are simply black people. We don’t separate black people based on their nationality or ethnic heritage.

However, from my time traveling the world, and dating multiple black ethnic groups (nigerian, Ethiopian, Colombian, etc) They all associate “black” with African-Americans exclusively. They don’t refer to themselves as “black” in their respective countries. In Nigeria, you are Yoruba, Igbo, housa, etc.

If you are an African-American and you go to Nigeria for instance, you are not “black” you are just “American.” This applies to most black countries in the world. Not only that, but unlike America, you will not be treated and welcomed as one of their own just because you’re “black”

Black immigrants are fully aware of this misunderstanding and they exploit that weakness when it is beneficial to them.

Don't come on here and lie

In Nigeria you are recognised by your tribe and identified as black

Nigeria has European people Arabs and Asians
Who are clearly not black
Therefore black people are identified as black.

When they migrate they are not asked if they are black they are asked WHICH country they are migrating from. Therefore when they enter your system, they are entered as: Nigerian immigrant, Ghanaian immigrants
Chinese immigrant.

There is no country called BLACK
The closest thing to that is Niger which is no where near the United States of the Americas

Get over urself