African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
She just said she’s not a black woman, she’s African.

The fact that y’all think you won’t be seen differently in the eyes of racists means you don’t understand racism thus you can’t speak on black american issues.

Her examples of issues were “colorism” and “texturing”

Those issues have nothing to do with America. In fact, colorism is worse in Africa than it is in the US.

Big facts.

They overlook the bolded every time.

We can't even have this conversation until they admit that they are black first and that the world sees them as black first. Until they acknowledge that fact, these discussions will never go anywhere.

This is literally the bare minimum that black americans be asking for.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arthur (2000) stated that most participants in his study of first generation African immigrants “acknowledged that their foreign backgrounds made it difficult, if not impossible, to grasp the meaning of lack-White polarization in American society” (pp. 73-74). Ogbu & Simons (1998) suggest that many Black immigrants are voluntary immigrants who come to the United States for economic reasons, social mobility and educational opportunities. As a result, they may be more optimistic about overcoming racial barriers in the United States or see these barriers as less significant than African Americans (Ogbu & Simons, 1998). Additionally, because of racial discrimination, some Black immigrants actively work against being perceived as African American, as a protective form of social distancing (Jackson, 2010). Social distancing by Black immigrants can include the use of cultural objects (e.g. national flags, accents) to highlight an ethnic/foreign identity that can protect from racial stereotypes and prejudices that are projected towards African Americans (Jackson, 2010; Vickerman, 2001; Waters 1999). ). Another form of social distancing includes avoiding close relationships with African Americans.

:mjlol: No, you fukking clown. That's what chick in the op was doing. What she gon tell us about featurism and colorism? Are we somehow expected to exclude our ls/ wavy grandmas from the family tree??

My father is a twin. He's a ds bm. His twin sister looks like an Asian woman. We not doing this with yall. Yall sound crazy. America is not wherever you came from.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
fukking liar americans are allowed to speak on African issues that's why they were included in the African Union when Malcolm was alive

I'm not in America I don't live there I don't want to and I never will. I visit because I have blood family there and I spend my hard earned money as a tourist and I don't over stay my visitors visa.

I am born in England as were my parents, my grandparents were invited to the country as skilled engineers and left the country when the job was done,
Back to Black ass Nigeria
Back to Black ass Jamaica ✔

So we Black diaspora will speak out wherever we are
And i dont agree with what she said (I didn't watch) she just has the right 2 say it

:dahell:

well, you gonna have to post some receipts to this because I’ve never ever heard of that
when Malcolm X. travel to Africa in the early 60s. It was more of that pan Africanism, where he spoke to the diaspora about human rights and achieving civil rights for African-Americans in the USA. so I’m calling bullshyt unless you can provide some proof of him going to Africa to speak about African issues.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
:dahell:

well, you gonna have to post some receipts to this because I’ve never ever heard of that
when Malcolm X. travel to Africa in the early 60s. It was more of that pan Africanism, where he spoke to the diaspora about human rights and achieving civil rights for African-Americans in the USA. so I’m calling bullshyt unless you can provide some proof of him going to Africa to speak about African issues.

*OAU

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

respect for posting Malcolm video
‘but with that said … it doesn’t support your point because he is speaking on PanAfricanism and the whole diaspore as far as getting together and improving. This topic is not about that.
This topic is about whether or not an outsider could speak for another group of people and this pertains to non-ADOS/FBA speaking for us & you believing that we do that to others…. Malcolm in this video didn’t do that.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
So if i say the the grass isnt green and the sky isnt blue, even though they both are, that means they are not?

Get off that type of reasoning.

Opinions dont trump objective truths.

She is a Black woman, who happens to be continental African, in America, and she can speak on issues she deals with as a Black woman in America.

She doesn't need your permission. Who are you?
Your analogy doesn’t make any sense. The color of the sky and grass are objective facts. Race is not an objective fact. You sound silly imposing a racial identity on a person that they reject. You’re saying she’s black, she’s saying she’s not.

We’re going to take her preference of identity over your opinion. With that being said, as an AFRICAN woman, she can speak on colorism, texturism, etc because those are not black American specific issues.

Who am I? I am an African-American. She wants my opinion. Who are you?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I cringed bc she’s asking. Being nice.

You can’t be ‘nice’ to the masses when groupthink and internet courage is at everyone’s back. You’re asking to be destroyed.

People now more than ever are cowards. They smell fear and see they got a chance to get some of the world’s weight off their back and transfer it to someone they see as lesser. To bully somebody. Internet 101. Also becoming ADOS 101 :francis:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I remember they was telling us in UK go back to Africa when we stuck our neck out for BLM

Sounds like some posters on here 🤔