African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
I really don’t know where you all live and meet these foreign blacks but in South Florida most foreign blacks say that they’re black. I’m questioning if you ever heard a foreign black person say this or you’re just running with what you heard online.
I don’t even believe these Dudes be really be black.. Or they grew up in predominantly white neighborhoods

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Her first mistake was falling for (or embracing :mjpls: ) the"you not black, you african" bullshyt

"You not white, you Lithuanian"
"You not latina, you Salvadorian"

^ Things you will never hear a white or hispanic person saying
It’s incredible
I have no hope for us at this point. Too much stupidity and divisiveness

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
My bad... but likewise, she didn't say speak for, she said speak on. The same shyt applies. All we do on here is speak ON shyt we have little to know ivolvement in, so why exactly should she shut up but your comments on whatever the fukk, with no discernible connection, are okay? :jbhmm:

well, based off what she is describing as something, only black Americans can speak on which she said colorism featurism, and texturism
either makes her an idiot or the people telling her she can’t speak on that an idiot - because that has absolutely nothing to do with being a black American , those are worldwide issues from all females in melanated countries

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
i seriously don't get why a grown man with all his affairs in order will even care about trivial stuff like this. When your trying to hussle for a Meal and trying to put food on your table and ensure a roof over your head and get ahead this stuff seems so small and trivial

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I can only go by what I have witnessed or what I heard, and when it's time to stand on business if somebody has an ethnic identity that is what they throwing up. I remember we used to go back and forth for literal hours with this one dude in the berthing. We would try to get him to understand that he is from Africa .......he would vehemently protest no.......I from Nigeria.......when told Nigeria is apart of Africa and explaining in excruciating detail how yes he is Nigerian, but he is also from Africa he just would not accept the explanation.........he fully understood the state system in America and how he lived in Georgia, inside America......but some how he either couldn't or just refused to accept what we were explaing........

TLDR........You simplified it way too much.......saying you not black would rightfully get you liked at crazy, but if you said you were Nigerian American, Ghanaian American etc it would get your point across SO much clearer
I always say Black folks or white folks when speaking on Americans specifically. Black people means all Blacks.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Well seeing as she is African I guess that makes her exempt from racism because she is African. I mean it’s not like racists hate you for the color of your skin or anything.
They don't. When they get pulled over by a crooked cop, all they gotta do is say "Mr officer, I am African, not black" and they'll get off with a warning every time.

Bushmaster69

Superstar
Daps
:skip: But she literally said, "I'm not black, I'm African." She's excluding HERSELF.
She can say that all she wants, but it doesn't change the fact that she is a Black woman in America. You and her won't be treated differently by the dominant culture

She just doesn't identify as "Black American" because that is seen by many Africans as what some of you call "fba".

I dont agree with it but thats the common held belief

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
:skip: But she literally said, "I'm not black, I'm African." She's excluding HERSELF.

She's asking for permission to speak on Black issues in America

I didn't watch the video because anyone black asking black people for permission to speak is lacking self efficacy and self esteem.