African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could get a little extensive with an explanation but I guess what it all comes down to is if what she would say would be a benefit to the people. If it isn't then present a reasonable argument of your own and not one of the opposition laced with malevolent rhetoric and dog whistles.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Perhaps but every time non blacks hype themselves up over “black degeneracy” it’s always a token non black american going like “you mean black American degeneracy not Africans”

What does she want to speak about ? She herself said she wasn’t black

I had to solo some racist Palestinian supporters today and this happened

Last edited:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Why's that? Would you be able to tell her apart on looks alone from a black american?
Her first mistake was falling for (or embracing :mjpls: ) the"you not black, you african" bullshyt

"You not white, you Lithuanian"
"You not latina, you Salvadorian"

^ Things you will never hear a white or hispanic person saying

The statement is problematic but the concept isn't

Being a black American your take on race and class will likely be different from an African that likely had a very white washed view of America

We grow up learning we were slaves, we learn about the fight for civil rights, jim crow south and modern day discrimination

Most of us grew up seeing racism, even in minute ways that only we would notice

A latina from Salvador or a white from Lithuania will not carry that same burden because they were not slaves here and they do not deal with the same set of struggles and burden that comes with being black here

It's not that simple, our relationship with America is much more nuanced than other races

Ofcourse there is going to be an identity that comes with being black here, so when someone says you're not black you're African

They really mean you don't understand our pov

That's why it's a false equivalence to me

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The statement is problematic but the concept isn't

Being a black American your take on race and class will likely be different from an African that likely had a very white washed view of America

We grow up learning we were slaves, we learn about the fight for civil rights, jim crow south and modern day discrimination

Most of us grew up seeing racism, even in minute ways that only we would notice

A latina from Salvador or a white from Lithuania will not carry that same burden because they were not slaves here and they do not deal with the same set of struggles and burden that comes with being black here

It's not that simple, our relationship with America is much more nuanced than other races

Ofcourse there is going to be an identity that comes with being black here, so when someone says you're not black you're African

They really mean you don't understand our pov
:ehh:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Mannnn time out.... how the fukk are yall on here EVERYDAY to talk about various issues you have NO stake in, but tryna police what others say???
2173436-YZJJy9h-L.png

Is it cause she's on a smartphone and revealed herself?!
8-Qw-Hjp-T7r3-RM.gif

nobody is trying to police her … I just can’t understand why somebody wants to speak for a completely different group of people that they are not

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
nobody is trying to police her … I just can’t understand why somebody wants to speak for a completely different group of people that they are not
She was just the lightbulb.
How many topics have you spoken about that you're not a part of...
worry-katt-williams.gif