African chick who has lived in the US for 10 years asks whether she can speak on black issues that affect her in the US. FBA say no!

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Does she date ados brehs?:jbhmm: That doesn't matter here, I just want to know.:steviej:

She can speak on anything that effects her. And she's obviously black- just not what would traditionally have been called African American/ados/FBA.

She didn't nail the language perfectly, but I'd clear it up with her...

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Calm down, I'm not saying her lineage shared the same experiences or deserves the same considerations as Black lineages descended from the Old South or Jim Crow.

But she is black, especially if she wants to be.

What's the less c00nish and self-defeating option to a person who looks like that? Embracing blackness or denying it?

my reply was towards what you said below
"You not white, you Lithuanian"
"You not latina, you Salvadorian"

^ Things you will never hear a white or hispanic person saying

As far as the Spanish thing, I won’t even get into that because it’s a lot of nuances, but if you think all Spanish people consider themselves the same, then you are sadly mistaken

what I wanted to focus on your post was the white issue and that’s why I said you must not understand American history when the great migration came in the late 1800s through the early 1900s the masses of Europeans from Italy, Poland, Ireland, etc. etc. came to America and the typical WASP did not accept them as being white. It literally took decades for them to be accepted as white.

Daps
I believe in freedom of speech and expression, so yes, she can talk about whatever she wants. However, I'm less inclined to take her views about Afram/ADOS seriously as she isn't one. Afram/ADOS have a different history and circumstances compared to recent Black immigrants.
Not all Black/SSA people in America are ADOS/Afram. ADOS/Afram are a specific ethnic group that's not interchangeable with other Black/SSA peoples.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I dont believe in silencing people. You combat bad speech with good speech. If you dont like her views on Black American life then you should be able to speak on reasons why or counter her views. Blatantly silencing someone is just stupid, especially if they lived here for 10+ years.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
almost all foreigners in the US think the "black" designation here = black american. this is why most foreigners will call out their nationality before race. they are not black as in black american. they don't take credit for something they're not (aka black american).

i'm cool if someone who looks like me (but doesn't have the same background as me) wants to learn about black american history and advocate for our causes. shorty in the video knows people in this country don't care where you're from. let non-black folk tell it we're all from africa anyway. if shorty stays here she knows she will be subject to the same challenges black americans are.

the biggest problem is some of our own skinfolk be on some dumb contrarian shyt and willing to throw all of us in the bushes because they're shortsighted or lazy or selfish or all of those things. mainly the 10%-12% on that blacks for maga or adjacent don't vote grifter bs.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
they usually dont have any understanding of history no matter how long they live here which is why they always flip it to respectability politics and token minority isms

if she doesn’t fall in that category then speak your mind

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
ONLY speak on African issues

NOT LIKE US

Why not use her platform to speak on what's really going on at home?

She can talk on what she wants but she needs to have context and be respectful. When people say things like this. It really almost sounds like they are looking FBAs as clowns or less then.

Everyone can speak on everyone. Just be respectful and kind. Don't be a dikkhead.

I've never heard of men being mad if she said she likes american men and our confident and our slang. But you go around talking about what about Chicago. Go fukk yourself

Mannnn time out.... how the fukk are yall on here EVERYDAY to talk about various issues you have NO stake in, but tryna police what others say???
2173436-YZJJy9h-L.png

Is it cause she's on a smartphone and revealed herself?!
8-Qw-Hjp-T7r3-RM.gif