Affirmative action is now banned

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Lmao 🤣 democrats don’t do anything , all they gonna do is wine about big bad republicans when they had every chance to make it so this couldn’t be overturned just like abortion but they know they have/ had nothing else to offer you for your vote so they used it as a cudgel and now it’s gone but keep thinking voting matters
This is such a stupid post.

In order to make things into law, you need a simple majority in the House of Representatives to pass the law, then you need 60 Senators to pass the law for the President to sign into law. Because everything is so partisan these days, you're not going to get Republican help, therefore you need 60 Democratic Senators and hope all of them vote yes. That's not going to happen, so Congress is out of the picture.

In the courts, Merrick Garland's Supreme Court nomination by Obama was held up by Mitch McConnell because for the first time in 60 or 70 years, the court would have had a Liberal tilt 5 to 4. At that point, the court was 5 to 4 Conservative tilt when Antonin Scalia died. Publicly McConnell said it was because it was an election year, which was bullshyt because this was February 2016 and Garland would have been confirmed to the court by the Senate before there was even a Democratic and Republican Nominee for President and no where in the constitution does it say that a nominee has to be held up in an election year. McConnell was hoping a Republican would win the next election and therefore fill that position. Trump won the election and filled the position with Neil Gorsuch. Putting the Court back on the 5-4 Conservative Majority. Then Anthony Kennedy, who was appointed by Reagan stepped down in 2018. Trump replaced him with Brett Budweiser. Then RBG died literally 6 weeks before the election, and people had already voted due to early voting. McConnell rushed to fill that seat with ACB. Giving the court a 6-3 Conservative majority.

If Hilary had won the 2016 election, she would have chosen the next Supreme Court justice and it would have put the court on a 5-4 Liberal tilt. Anthony Kennedy likely would not have stepped down because he would not have wanted to be replaced by Hilary. Due to Hilary's unpopularity, I'm assuming the Republicans would have had control of the Senate. Therefore when RBG died 6 weeks before the election, McConnell would have likely told Hilary the same bullshyt he told Obama in 2016, that we cannot fill the spot until a new President is sworn in. If Democrats had control of the Senate they would have filled the seat no problem. If Hilary won re-election then fine, she fills the seat, but if she lost the 2020 election to a Republican, then that person would fill the spot putting the Court back in a 5-4 Conservative majority.

So yes, voting does matter. Especially in the courts where Presidents appoint federal judges.

bright black

All Star
Daps
white people celebrating should let you know they feel like this is a win for them. i feel like without affirmative action the black number will go down and the white number will go up and asians will be unchanged. i think asians would be cool with that and even if they not they probably wont be able to stop it.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really want to say something......but I don't want the feds knocking at my door. :francis:

Sellout ass nikka got his Yale degree, his Supreme Court seat, his ugly white woman and luxury vacations funded by corrupt billionaires and became public enemy #1. IDK if anyone has sold out harder. He’s such a c00n.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
It's war. Republicans already understand this and are waging it. I applaud anybody waging war back(lots of pushback but if you lack the numbers you get stuck).
fukk your feelings. Nobody cares about them. It's war. You are either against the fascism or you are for it. Because right wingers are using it to suppress and oppress any and everyone who doesn't think the way they do.

It's war.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Republicans dumb fukk

That actually makes LESS sense given the flow of the flow of the conversation. Let's try this again.

You started off with this post
:picard: damn Roe v Wade and Affirmative Action gone under Biden presidency

And yung Herbie replied

Because of the Trump presidency. Guess who appointed Kavanaugh and Amy Barett?

And you retorted with this

So how come they didnt overturn these decisions then :sas2:

Hence me asking who is "they" in your first sentence. And I also asked you what decision "they" were supposed to overturn.

But yeah, silly me for not expecting "they" to equal the republicans and being confused about why "they" didn't overturn these recent decisions.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That actually makes LESS sense given the flow of the flow of the conversation. Let's try this again.

You started off with this post

And yung Herbie replied

And you retorted with this

Hence me asking who is "they" in your first sentence. And I also asked you what decision "they" were supposed to overturn.

But yeah, silly me for not expecting "they" to equal the republicans and being confused about why "they" didn't overturn these recent decisions.
:wow: you are actually retarded

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just take your L

You got caught up in the moment.
How does that make sense blaming a president years after he been out of office? When republicans controlled the house then as well.

On the flip side, democrats controlled majority of congress the first 2 years of biden presidency and got nothing done to set up the future to prevent this in the first

If you going to blame one, you need to blame the other