AEW ALL IN 2023: 80k at Wembley (MJF vs Cole; FTR vs Young Bucks III; Joe vs Punk V)

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I think that 35,000 would be a huge success considering the past year-plus of booking. They seem to be building some momentum in these past few months, so hopefully they can keep that going and hopefully get some more ticket sales off that. It'd be nice if they could get into the 50,000+ range though, since they'll be able to make that look good on TV between production kills eliminating a good portion of the seats, comps, and camera tricks. A number in that range would be massive for them.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I think that 35,000 would be a huge success considering the past year-plus of booking. They seem to be building some momentum in these past few months, so hopefully they can keep that going and hopefully get some more ticket sales off that. It'd be nice if they could get into the 50,000+ range though, since they'll be able to make that look good on TV between production kills eliminating a good portion of the seats, comps, and camera tricks. A number in that range would be massive for them.

AF1QipPTSU9h7H5UrbJWFai9n45cWy974hPS3taysAoQ=s680-w680-h510

I assume that at minimum the two upper decks will have to be tarped off in order for it to look half decent on TV. They wouldn't have this issue if they went to a smaller soccer stadium where they could put 30-35k people and have it look packed as opposed to massive tarping of seats.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
Remember when TNA booked THE ALAMODOME for a Lockdown PPV and ended up using a tiny, tiny fraction of it? :dead:

I'm sure this won't happen here :obama:

:lupe:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I want to say 50K, but not even a few months prior will be MITB at O2 - I don't know what sort of purchasing fatigue may happen from that.

I think 35-40k would be successful.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I want to say 50K, but not even a few months prior will be MITB at O2 - I don't know what sort of purchasing fatigue may happen from that.

I think 35-40k would be successful.

I thought about that too. Are people really gonna wanna go to both shows? But something people keep saying is they expect people from all over western Europe to travel to Wembley? Is western Europe as close to UK at they make it sound.. They make it sound like it's simply crossing a bridge.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I thought about that too. Are people really gonna wanna go to both shows? But something people keep saying is they expect people from all over western Europe to travel to Wembley? Is western Europe as close to UK at they make it sound.. They make it sound like it's simply crossing a bridge.
It's definitely close enough by flight. So very possible they get people from the rest of the United Kingdom plus those to the East. Ireland is about 1 hour and change flight, same with Scotland up North, and also the same for France/Belgium and the Netherlands to the East.

The Scottish can also do a drive 6 hours or so which I'm sure many would do (that's like Toronto to Montreal trip) for me and people do that all the time.

Guess it will really come down to how big Tony promotes this.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's definitely close enough by flight. So very possible they get people from the rest of the United Kingdom plus those to the East. Ireland is about 1 hour and change flight, same with Scotland up North, and also the same for France/Belgium and the Netherlands to the East.

The Scottish can also do a drive 6 hours or so which I'm sure many would do (that's like Toronto to Montreal trip) for me and people do that all the time.

Guess it will really come down to how big Tony promotes this.

Well when I see FTR and all these people online jockeying for position on the card that tells me either Tony doesn't know the card or Tony hasn't told anyone his plans.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
O2 only has 20K capacity though

And England is a pretty short flight for Europe. Western Europe is smaller than the western US. And many of the big cities are on or near the Atlantic.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
O2 only has 20K capacity though

And England is a pretty short flight for Europe

I know it's not far but it seems like they are expecting a big influx of western Europeans. Also, 20k is a lot of wrestling fans who may choose to just do the O2 show and skip Wembley. The economy in England isn't great right now, I don't see a lot of people double dipping

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I know it's not far but it seems like they are expecting a big influx of western Europeans. Also, 20k is a lot of wrestling fans who may choose to just do the O2 show and skip Wembley. The economy in England isn't great right now, I don't see a lot of people double dipping
20K wasn’t even enough to meet the demand for registration for the presale for AEW

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you that the first 20-25k will probably sell quick but then it's gonna be a slog if they don't announce a great card
If the prices that leaked are correct - from between 500 and 30 - 25K tickets would be way below what they are going to sell.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
If the prices that leaked are correct - from between 500 and 30 - 25K tickets would be way below what they are going to sell.

It's hard to get north of 30-40K without a great card unless it's WrestleMania and already has the prestige. If the show falls within that range it'd be a success but I'm not sure how it'd look on TV.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

It's also AEW's first ever European show (no idea if they are doing a tour with multiple shows or just this one event) so I'm sure people would want to be a part of that whereas WWE is there annually.

As far as travel, London is a major airport hub with multiple international airports.