Aesop Rock = Mutated Edomite Rap At It's Worst

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
NPR doesn't even namedrop Aesop Rock and half the rappers they namedrop are either known underground people like Cage or nobodies like Homeboy Sandman(who unfortunately isn't the fat ex-Re-Up Gang member with the "YEEEUUUHHH...CANNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIINNNN" sound).

The epitome of quirky white neoliberal radio doesn't even give a shyt about him. That should tell you something.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
NPR doesn't even namedrop Aesop Rock and half the rappers they namedrop are either known underground people like Cage or nobodies like Homeboy Sandman(who unfortunately isn't the fat ex-Re-Up Gang member with the "YEEEUUUHHH...CANNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIINNNN" sound).

The epitome of quirky white neoliberal radio doesn't even give a shyt about him. That should tell you something.

Homeboy Sandman is the truth though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He just reminds me too much of that Anticon bullshyt that actually got taken seriously (on SOHH for sure) back in the late 90s. fukk, I hated that shyt.

Funny you say that. It was the main guy from Definitive Jux named El-P, the team Aesop was with, that killed Anticon with a dis track aimed at their biggest MC, Sole, called "Linda Tripp."

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Funny you say that. It was the main guy from Definitive Jux named El-P, the team Aesop was with, that killed Anticon with a dis track aimed at their biggest MC, Sole, called "Linda Tripp."

I love company fl fl fl fl fl fl flow. Wow that really ended their careers there, friend. I remember this like it was yesterday.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that song is ass.

Tame One, C Rayz Walz, MF Doom, Breezly Brewin, Can Ox, Cage >>>>>>Aesop

The irony of this is the guys I highlighted were at points in their career on the same label/crew as Aesop.

Def_Jux-El-P_Puts_Def_Jux_On_Hiatus_Focuses_On_Music.jpg

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now that you mentioned Sole...it reminded me of this freestyle "battle" with Sage Francis...funny and disturbing at the same time :smugfavre:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pink Slime

known to go ham
Daps
Reppin
Nerf Cacalac

Aesop Rock: As The World Crumbles : NPR

:mjpls:

aesop must be doing something right. his career is already over 15 years deep and he can move 75-100k units with ease with very little mainstream attention.

he's making a living off this shyt without compromising himself or his art in any way shape or form. if he took less chances and conformed to you fools extremely limited view of what rap can be then ya'll wouldn't even be posting about him right now.

how many more "conventional" rappers have come and gone in 15 years ? his latest will probably be his best selling album yet.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aesop Rock: As The World Crumbles : NPR

:mjpls:

aesop must be doing something right. his career is already over 15 years deep and he can move 75-100k units with ease with very little mainstream attention.

he's making a living off this shyt without compromising himself or his art in any way shape or form. if he took less chances and conformed to you fools extremely limited view of what rap can be then ya'll wouldn't even be posting about him right now.

how many more "conventional" rappers have come and gone in 15 years ? his latest will probably be his best selling album yet.

That's a very good point. He's been in this game and making money in it for how long? He and Tech N9ne are examples of rappers that lasted sticking to their cult following.