Aesop Rock = Mutated Edomite Rap At It's Worst

Daps
feminine attention-seekers get no love in the CULTURE . .. devilz live in they heads and let they bodies rot and crumble . .. thats why once they reach mid-30s most of them give up on rap and switch to the lighter sounds of alternative punk rock or electronic mindfuk muzik . . . im gonna bet this dude left NY and moved somewhere near either Portland or Denver or San Fagcisco to be around all the other half-males that got no core strength or neck muscles and got scripts for medical bud for "anxiety" . . .

I think he got married and moved to San Francisco to live with his wife.

I like several of his songs, but I've never listened to his albums straight through. I also probably wouldn't want to see him live with crowds like that.

Azire

Inner layers = Himalayas
Daps
Reppin
The other side, otherwise
See, this guy is an artist in the most literal sense of the word. Appreciation of an art remains in the eye of the beholder. That's likely why, besides the fact that he's white, that many of you will never check for, fukk with, or respect him. Many just fail to see hip hop as an art form - a worldwide art form.

I can damn near guarantee that if you played one of dude's albums front to back and actually listened, sans preconceived notions, you'd coming away saying, "That shyt was dope. I didn't understand ninety percent of it, but that shyt was dope." Beats are there - they're strange, but Aes can produce his ass off. Lyrics are there, but I guess this could be argued if you're not a fan of the English language. It comes off as giberish intially, but a closer listen will reveal a great many jewels. This dude makes good albums with tremendous replay value, point blank.

And about this whole, "fukk this cac" thing that goes on so often around here: hip hop is now a worldwide phenemenon. Maybe you get all NWA over it, spout off on message boards, and complain (bytch) yourself to sleep, but you're willfully naive if you ignore it. Caucasians get busy. Native Americans likely get busy (though I haven't heard too many, I'd make a bet they do.) Hawaiians get busy. Italians get busy. Egyptians get busy. Japanese get busy. Your petty little black vs. white thing is tunnel vision - THE world is significantly larger than your own little world.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See, this guy is an artist in the most literal sense of the word. Appreciation of an art remains in the eye of the beholder. That's likely why, besides the fact that he's white, that many of you will never check for, fukk with, or respect him. Many just fail to see hip hop as an art form - a worldwide art form.

I can damn near guarantee that if you played one of dude's albums front to back and actually listened, sans preconceived notions, you'd coming away saying, "That shyt was dope. I didn't understand ninety percent of it, but that shyt was dope." Beats are there - they're strange, but Aes can produce his ass off. Lyrics are there, but I guess this could be argued if you're not a fan of the English language. It comes off as giberish intially, but a closer listen will reveal a great many jewels. This dude makes good albums with tremendous replay value, point blank.

And about this whole, "fukk this cac" thing that goes on so often around here: hip hop is now a worldwide phenemenon. Maybe you get all NWA over it, spout off on message boards, and complain (bytch) yourself to sleep, but you're willfully naive if you ignore it. Caucasians get busy. Native Americans likely get busy (though I haven't heard too many, I'd make a bet they do.) Hawaiians get busy. Italians get busy. Egyptians get busy. Japanese get busy. Your petty little black vs. white thing is tunnel vision - THE world is significantly larger than your own little world.

I'm not a big fan of Aesop, however your post is 100 % on point.

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Used to check for most that he did after hearing Labor Days but from what I've heard of his recent stuff the motherfukker's gone too far left-field for my tastes

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Of all the white rappers to accuse of "Culture Vulture" you choose Aesop Rock? It's cool if you don't like his music but....:leostare:

Bet they have no problem with Eminem or Paul Wall :childplease:

Aesap was dope, haven't checked for him in a minute, but he has good stuff for days.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
i tried to listen to his music and couldnt really get into it

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
abstrakt-and-aesop-rock.jpg

pau_gasol.jpg