Aesop Rock = Mutated Edomite Rap At It's Worst

Jigsaw2347

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Bend, Indiana
he's very talented at rapping and producing

and i guarantee he knows and respects the culture a lot more than yourself

This. Aesop is one of the most innovative rappers around..

Oh yeah, Aesop Rock and his 36 fans are taking hip-hop by storm :usure:

Lmaooo. 36 fans huh? Aesop's one of the biggest rappers in the underground scene..pretty sure he def has a few videos with a million views..

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
who the fukk is this Pao Gasol looking Cac?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
fukk anyone hating on Aesop Rock. He knows his Hip-Hop and he's a decent MC. Honestly, "Labor Days" is in my Top 20 albums of the 2000s.

This is one of my favorite songs.

Aesop Rock - Daylight - YouTube

"Life's not a bytch! Life is a beautiful woman
You only call her a bytch because she won't let you get that p*ssy"

:ahh:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Whatever.

Hip Hop doesn't have to be one thing. The beauty is how the genre has evolved into many different forms over the years.

If you don't like it then that's fine. But don't have a tantrum over the fact that there isn't one concrete generic definition of hip hop.

For me it's a beautiful thing that Rakim, Kool Keith, Gucci Mane, Snoop Dogg, Aesop Rock, Scarface and Twista are all a part of the same genre.

Diversity :ahh:

Yung Fresh

street money/str8 cash
Daps
Reppin
NC
he's very talented at rapping and producing

and i guarantee he knows and respects the culture a lot more than yourself

This. Aesop is one of the most innovative rappers around..

Lmaooo. 36 fans huh? Aesop's one of the biggest rappers in the underground scene..pretty sure he def has a few videos with a million views..

fukk anyone hating on Aesop Rock. He knows his Hip-Hop and he's a decent MC. Honestly, "Labor Days" is in my Top 20 albums of the 2000s.

This is one of my favorite songs.

Aesop Rock - Daylight - YouTube
Negs sent :smugfavre:

Its easy to find the cacs in this thread :aicmon:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
lol. i remember when dudes like aesop rock were treated like kings on sohh.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I could never get into his music. I prefered listening to people like Mr. Eon, Copywrite, Vinny Paz etc

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
He just reminds me too much of that Anticon bullshyt that actually got taken seriously (on SOHH for sure) back in the late 90s. fukk, I hated that shyt.

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps
See, this guy is an artist in the most literal sense of the word. Appreciation of an art remains in the eye of the beholder. That's likely why, besides the fact that he's white, that many of you will never check for, fukk with, or respect him. Many just fail to see hip hop as an art form - a worldwide art form.

I can damn near guarantee that if you played one of dude's albums front to back and actually listened, sans preconceived notions, you'd coming away saying, "That shyt was dope. I didn't understand ninety percent of it, but that shyt was dope." Beats are there - they're strange, but Aes can produce his ass off. Lyrics are there, but I guess this could be argued if you're not a fan of the English language. It comes off as giberish intially, but a closer listen will reveal a great many jewels. This dude makes good albums with tremendous replay value, point blank.

And about this whole, "fukk this cac" thing that goes on so often around here: hip hop is now a worldwide phenemenon. Maybe you get all NWA over it, spout off on message boards, and complain (bytch) yourself to sleep, but you're willfully naive if you ignore it. Caucasians get busy. Native Americans likely get busy (though I haven't heard too many, I'd make a bet they do.) Hawaiians get busy. Italians get busy. Egyptians get busy. Japanese get busy. Your petty little black vs. white thing is tunnel vision - THE world is significantly larger than your own little world.

u sound like the missionaries that came to the villages with bibles and smallpox blankets

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps
Whatever.

Hip Hop doesn't have to be one thing. The beauty is how the genre has evolved into many different forms over the years.

If you don't like it then that's fine. But don't have a tantrum over the fact that there isn't one concrete generic definition of hip hop.

For me it's a beautiful thing that Rakim, Kool Keith, Gucci Mane, Snoop Dogg, Aesop Rock, Scarface and Twista are all a part of the same genre.

Diversity :ahh:

that aint hip-hop in that first video . . . its a bunch of drugged-up white people listening to soft techno while somebody talks fast in between the simple kick-snare pattern . . .nobody was vibing .. nobody was moving .. . nobody's pulse rate went up . . . u had somebody dressed like a garden gnome . .

white-trash-hipsters-300x214.jpg