☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I honestly believe this will age better than Interstellar. I think what hurt this film is that they marketed it as the same kind of blockbuster fare like Interstellar instead of the slow-burn character study it really is, so audience reactions will be very mixed.
it’s a better movie but it’s not a better story.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
I dug it but I see you lot's complaints :yeshrug:

Felt like when I watched Blade Runner (that's cos I ain't seen any space movies really so I can't really say it's like Interstellar, I also assume Interstellar is kinda fast paced like other Nolan flicks)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I honestly believe this will age better than Interstellar. I think what hurt this film is that they marketed it as the same kind of blockbuster fare like Interstellar instead of the slow-burn character study it really is, so audience reactions will be very mixed.
Bold prediction with a 45% audience score.

Needed more space pirates

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The movie was okay, but I really didn't much like the 3rd act. I feel they tried to do an Apocalypse Now type of story with a vibe with Interstellar in regards of the relationship of the father and son and I do not feel it executed neatly either way. It failed in providing you that dark dread that Apocalypse Now had and it failed in giving you that emotional grab like Interstellar achieved. I think part of it was the fact that Brad Pitt's role HAD to be devoid in emotion so when it was attempted, it wasn't at all convincing, especially how the movie ends with him back being devoid of emotion. Again, not Pitt's fault...he was great and his acting with purposely done, but the movie ends with me not really caring.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Bold prediction with a 45% audience score.

Needed more space pirates
The low audience score is typical for films that audiences saw with the wrong expectations (due to marketing), although at IMDb it is sitting at a solid 7/10.

But this film offers a lot more faithful space travel fare than Interstellar does, which will work to this film's advantage as time passes, although frankly it will be a long time before this social media hype era society can move past the (ridiculous) godhood they instilled on Nolan.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The low audience score is typical for films that audiences saw with the wrong expectations (due to marketing), although at IMDb it is sitting at a solid 7/10.

But this film offers a lot more faithful space travel fare than Interstellar does, which will work to this film's advantage as time passes, although frankly it will be a long time before this social media hype era society can move past the (ridiculous) godhood they instilled on Nolan.
He escaped that climax without a scratch on him. Ludicrous. Foh

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
He escaped that climax without a scratch on him. Ludicrous. Foh
You do realize that in Interstellar McConaughey survives a black hole, right? On the mere premise of a fantasy of what lies beyond a black hole. :russ:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it, wasn't anything groundbreaking and I thought the ending was a bit too cliche, but I guess they didn't want a down ending.:patrice:

I can see why the general audience might down it, but I never got the vibe that it was going to be a big action adventure space film.

Saw it in regular theater and kinda wished I saw it in IMAX.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do realize that in Interstellar McConaughey survives a black hole, right? On the mere premise of a fantasy of what lies beyond a black hole. :russ:

It can be argued that he did not survive at all. That last act of the film is very much implied that he's dead and it's the last thing he dreamt before passing away. I literal ghost.

Daps
Saw it today.

Excellent cinematography

But as far as the story

:ld:

Pitt spent his live depressed because of his father’s loss, but then he is used to go to space to contact him, and he hijacks a space ship to find his dad on Neptune, and his dad has been so obsessed with stopping these surges, that he goes crazy, and kills anyone who wants to leave, and his dad ain’t shyt and commits that, and he finally has closure, and meets his wife for coffee...is that what we’re supposed to take away from this? Oh, and Applebee’s is on the moon, because why not spend the money to live on the moon, and eat Applebee’s? And $125 for a blanket and pillow on the ship :picard:

And that opening scene

:damn:

After Gravity, I was good with Space. And now, I’m really good on Space. I have no desire to ever go.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Saw it today.

Excellent cinematography

But as far as the story

:ld:

Pitt spent his live depressed because of his father’s loss, but then he is used to go to space to contact him, and he hijacks a space ship to find his dad on Neptune, and his dad has been so obsessed with stopping these surges, that he goes crazy, and kills anyone who wants to leave, and his dad ain’t shyt and commits that, and he finally has closure, and meets his wife for coffee...is that what we’re supposed to take away from this? Oh, and Applebee’s is on the moon, because why not spend the money to live on the moon, and eat Applebee’s? And $125 for a blanket and pillow on the ship :picard:

And that opening scene

:damn:

After Gravity, I was good with Space. And now, I’m really good on Space. I have no desire to ever go.
Nah, you're missing quite a bit about the story.

The crew went insane from isolation in space but it was his obsession that kept the dad focused on the job. The crew tried to hijack the space station and in this mutiny the equipment/machinery of the station was damaged and started the surges. Pitt continuously questions if he's like his dad, at first showing a similar kind of focus on his job and a detachment from human life trying to strive become the great man his dad is constantly lauded as, but his journey to Neptune changes his outlook on being isolated from life, and when he finds his dad so far gone, and so devoid of any love even for his only son, he realizes he's nothing like his father, and that human relationships are what gives us purpose, not an exploration of and expansion into space where we just do the same shyt we do on earth (commercialize it to hell and go to war over resources).