Ad Astra Discussion Thread

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I haven't seen it in awhile so my memory is a little off..

I think the space walk scene where he had to get back to his ship bugged me

Also the amount of time it would have realistically took him to get back to earth..

There was some other shyt I can't remember

that space walk shyt was fake as fukk, first off he should have known his dad wasn’t just going to go back with him. He been on that ship for 30 years, he been crazy and he straight up told you he ain’t give a fukk about you.

second how was he able to 1 navigate back to the station, rip off a blade and then fly perfectly back to his ship to then need a perfect explosion to get home. That’s a lot to expect me to believe.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
the first two acts were not as boring as I thought they would be, the last act was boring as I thought it would be

that is the best way I could review it

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Really really liked this saw it 2 weeks ago on streaming and connected wit it heavy as a nikka wit father issues himself :to: for some of us when we grow up

we learn our fathers are not the men we think they are or even think they can become but flawed individuals like us and sometimes chasing after the chance to

confront them and not accepting their true nature can hurt us more than the trauma they left us due to all that wasted time and effort. The "space" between Brad and

Tommy is the same whether millions of light years away or as it was when they were both on Earth

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
was this good??
It looks good, the first half of the film has some interesting stuff in it with the world they created, but the second half of the film drags into familiar bad brad Pitt movie stuff
the first two acts were not as boring as I thought they would be, the last act was boring as I thought it would be

that is the best way I could review it[/QUOTE

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
I'm in the middle of this movie and the monkey stuff took out all the seriousness in one second.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
This is in my top 5 space movies of all time :wow:.......a lost man looking for the love of his father in the emptiness of space :mjcry:

It was also amazingly shot.