Ad Astra Discussion Thread

Daps
Nah, you're missing quite a bit about the story.

The crew went insane from isolation in space but it was his obsession that kept the dad focused on the job. The crew tried to hijack the space station and in this mutiny the equipment/machinery of the station was damaged and started the surges. Pitt continuously questions if he's like his dad, at first showing a similar kind of focus on his job and a detachment from human life trying to strive become the great man his dad is constantly lauded as, but his journey to Neptune changes his outlook on being isolated from life, and when he finds his dad so far gone, and so devoid of any love even for his only son, he realizes he's nothing like his father, and that human relationships are what gives us purpose, not an exploration of and expansion into space where we just do the same shyt we do on earth (commercialize it to hell and go to war over resources).

Excellent

:ufdup:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I THOUGHT IT WAS SOLID

EXCELLENT CINEMATOGRAPHY, AND GREAT ACTING, BUT THE STORY WAS JUST DECENT...I GET THAT ITS METAPHORICALLY ON SOME DEEP SHIIT, BUT IT KINDA DRAGS LOWKEY.

ENTERTAINING FILM NONETHELESS.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Finally saw this today. It was a solid movie but the story itself didn't really need outer space to be told..

A lot of the science of it was inaccurate from a movie I expected to be the opposite too..

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I thought it was good...but to me it feels when it comes out on bluray and I watch it at home I will enjoy it a lot more...

Some of the science is incorrect which is :mjlol: since it's a big part of the movie...

I went to see this basically to find out if Brad Pitt was still a "move star" and I walked out like...yeah....probably....

• Dap
Reactions: 904