BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
They dropped the ball in this movie......basically interstellar 2.0

Space travel scene were good.....but that's it

Surprised, I really enjoyed it

The whole aspect of being here and not really here etc. How he wanted to be different from his dad, but was so similar

Thought Elon musk would be all over this, but Branson got there. Trips the moon etc

Also the commercial trip to the moon and how expensive it was on the flight for a pillow and blanket, reminded me of Neil Degrass Tyson on Joe Rogan recently saying how valuable items are in space, something as basic as water is vastly expensive in space due to amount of effort it take ti send up there.

So if you take water to space, your best to keep up there and sell to the next space agency that goes there.

Applebees on the moon lol

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I thought it was really, really good but just came up short on being great. Kinda interesting to see how this will do since it's a self-reflective slow-burn character study that just so happens to take place through space exploration. I also realize I love narration that is not a narrative but really a character's thoughts. Throughout the film it slowly shapes Pitt's character as he projects an image of his father, accurate or not. While the major theme of the film isn't anything too special, and the final act is a bit too on the nose with it...

... down to the father literally telling his son to let him go...

I think it's the self-realization of Pitt's character that makes it all work, plus Pitt gives a truly incredible performance here.

I have no idea how audiences will react to this btw, there was an incidental walk-out, and when it ended the theater was as quiet as a mouse. I guess it achieved something because such silence can only mean they were reflecting on something, but I honestly have no idea.

Oville

Pro
Daps
Problem with this movie is that its supposed to be a personal story that tells you that Brad Pitt is this broken character but you don't feel that he's broken. That's because the story does nothing to show his personal life save for some short flashbacks of his wife whom
he never interacts with or meets in real time.
On top of that all the other characters in the movie seem just as sullen and cold as he does so there's no contrast. Plus so many characters and plot points just show up and never come back making them feel less significant. Third act is real good but overall this movie got overhyped crazy

Last edited: