actress Tessa Thompson getting love for tweet regarding biracial representation in movies

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So you are tellin me hollywood havent used mixed raced ppl as a sub for legit blacks (due to their europeon features) since the 60s? Lol i am glad we are in an era where ppls true colours are being revealed.
I have said for the longest time if biracial ppl had a choice, being labelled a "black" wouldnt be one of them. But the choice was made for them by a racist cac adopting the 1 drop rule.

Weird thing is we have thirsty kneecrows following suit calling anyone from half caste to an octoroon "black" also:what:

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
Casting directors think we all look alike, or watering down the kids for an agenda?
Most definitely an agenda...I watch a lot of nba league pass and see the commercials being broadcasted in differet markets around the country....the WM BW agenda is is in EVERY region...most commercials are on the WM biracial daughter wave right now

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
the real biracial success stories are in the nba. :jbhmm:
Speaking of which its amazing how many high yellah dudes it has now.Guys with Bron, durant and embid's complexion are almost the minority. Its part of the reason i cant rock with golden state. The love curry gets has a racial component to it. Because as a personality hes clearly a dullard

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Tired of them using celebrities to persuade people to see this mediocrity. The reviews trash it so they try the diversity angle now :camby:

Ava won't be getting a shot at any blockbuster any time soon
Never should have took this in the first place. Know your lane, tentpoles arent for every director

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
give other black directors a chance. She could have fukked up black panther but luckily she passed it to coogler.

She could have gone the subtle route and still had strong themes, but reviews are saying she was extremely heavy handed.

Could have made the kid the star of the show but every 5 seconds it's hey look at Oprah and other celebrity. She fukked up

Would you give her a potential blockbuster rn after she botched this?
ava had 0 writing credit

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black love is rare on film/TV

All the commercials I see have light skins or biracial people
:stopitslime:

Yep and you ever notice how they are really extra in the commercials when the male is white and female is black? They will hold hands and kiss and hug or even be in the same room next to each other.

But let it be a black male and white women. They will be in seperate rooms, not hold hands and not kiss. Even if they are next to each other their children will be in the middle of them.....:snoop:.

I am at the point where I turn the tv from these commercials......cause they are so stupid and over the top.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
She probably ate out and went to go see a wrench in time...
:troll:
variety-1.png

#girlseatfree

And this is commonplace nowadays.....

Legalese

Banned
Daps
those people acting like they're aliens with no identity
I read on here that only coli militants don't see biracials as black
:lupe:

Daps
Most definitely an agenda...I watch a lot of nba league pass and see the commercials being broadcasted in differet markets around the country....the WM BW agenda is is in EVERY region...most commercials are on the WM biracial daughter wave right now

There's a commercial with a white man and a biracial daughter at a cupcake shop. He doesn't even have a wife in the commercial. It's just him and the girl. It rubbed me the wrong way.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
So it's not enough that biracials take roles from full black people, but now they want to take more roles from black people by making more interracial couples to create biracial children to feel more represented?

I still like her but...:stopitslime:
fukks the problem every fukking group want to be "represented" so why you mad at her for? That's what happens when folks scream representation every group whether you agree or not going to be on the same shyt.