actress Tessa Thompson getting love for tweet regarding biracial representation in movies

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
I was just coming to say this ish man.

Or two black parents with a biracial looking kid, n the husband ain't looking at his wife funny.

I have nothing against biracial people EXCEPT for when they're pushed as the image of blackness.

They're def degrees of black, and understand the struggle(i hope) but when they're held up as the standard for blackness, i object.

Leave it to Hollywood, it'd be nothing but pink n golden people in all the movies.

Panther was the first movie i saw where EVERYONE black looked undiluted.

(No offense intended in regards to dilution)

spot on

Its not good to just simply dismiss someones experiences which is basically dismissing their life.

Hating on biracials for no other reason other than they are biracial is racist, evil, weak and stupid.

NO ONE choosea to be bi/multiracial. Just as noone chooses to be what ever unmixed race they are.

Remember being problack doesnt mean being anti anyone else.
read the post above yours

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Maybe you should reread my post esp the part you bolded.

"Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity." - Wikip...

And there is no need to dig up peoples posts to point out that so and so said this.

what the...:mjlol:

nobody is saying full or majority black are better then biracials.

that's not the debate at all.
the debate biracials getting casted to play full blacks all the time in film especially black women, and there complaining about representation, maybe they should take the full ment for actual black people, would she take a role that would be casted for a white women....no, but she is just as much white as she is black.

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
what the...:mjlol:

nobody is saying full or majority black are better then biracials.

that's not the debate at all.
the debate biracials getting casted to play full blacks all the time in film especially black women, and there complaining about representation, maybe they should take the full ment for actual black people, would she take a role that would be casted for a white women....no, but she is just as much white as she is black.

Doesnt she mean casting where a biracial is shown realiativally with two different race parents as opposed to the general american and sometimes nigerian casting of two full black parents with an inexplicably biracial kid(s).