actress Tessa Thompson getting love for tweet regarding biracial representation in movies

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Breh its not even that, there are TONS of biracials on tv ..theyre complaining because their white daddy or mother is not being represented..
nikka this ain't just biracials you stupid? You see how many full blacks were doing the same thing with BP. It's not my thing but a lot of folks want to see "representation" of them on screen so I don't see how others get mad for those wanting the same thing as them albeit different dynamics.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
Shes talking about :dwillhuh::heh:actors actually being casted with black and white parents, instead of two black parents

But the casting actually isn't representative of real life interracial families.
The main actress is black, with two black parents.
Dude playing her dad is white and Gugu Mbatha Raw is of biracial parentage.
The little boy playing her brother is Asian and white.
But I'm just out here in the dull Midwest, maybe out in Cali or wherever this is "what so many families look like":hubie:

... and has nothing to do with Duvernay insisting on a black actress for the lead role leading to a casting scramble to make a fictional family that'd be inoffensive, safe and apolitical optically. (Black family, :weirdo::gag:. IR black/white couple with widowed genius scientist black father :picard:)

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Its not good to just simply dismiss someones experiences which is basically dismissing their life.

Hating on biracials for no other reason other than they are biracial is racist, evil, weak and stupid.

NO ONE choosea to be bi/multiracial. Just as noone chooses to be what ever unmixed race they are.

Remember being problack doesnt mean being anti anyone else.
Being pro black also means not acquiescing to others to make them feel better.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can they prove that ?
its only human nature that they will have some sort of attachment to their kin.

They can never really be just black
:mjgrin:
Yeah sir I get were your coming from but that why some black people look at biracial like :sas2: it like their just as much white as they are black so you can never really let your guard down cause you never when that other shoe is going to drop.

Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
But the casting actually isn't representative of real life interracial families.
The main actress is black, with two black parents.
Dude playing her dad is white and Gugu Mbatha Raw is of biracial parentage.
The little boy playing her brother is Asian and white.
But I'm just out here in the dull Midwest, maybe out in Cali or wherever this is "what so many families look like":hubie:

... and has nothing to do with Duvernay insisting on a black actress for the lead role leading to a casting scramble to make a fictional family that'd be inoffensive, safe and apolitical optically. (Black family, :weirdo::gag:. IR black/white couple with widowed genius scientist black father :picard:)
Man that reminds me of that Cinderella remake with Brandy...
The cast was SO diverse the families made absolutely no sense...
:francis:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Most definitely an agenda...I watch a lot of nba league pass and see the commercials being broadcasted in differet markets around the country....the WM BW agenda is is in EVERY region...most commercials are on the WM biracial daughter wave right now
I know you're not referencing this commercial but the bolded made me think of "The Andersons got tickets to the game? :dahell: How'd they get tickets?! :mindblown:"

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Can't get mad at her. She's biracial. She relates to being biracial:yeshrug:

Not trying to start something but if that’s the case then she should turn down roles where she is required to play a black person. And only play roles where the character is a biracial person, and Hollywood need to get that memo not to cast mixed people in black roles to fill the “black quota”. If a distinction is to occur it should occur all over all mediums.:yeshrug:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
So it's not enough that biracials take roles from full black people, but now they want to take more roles from black people by making more interracial couples to create biracial children to feel more represented?

Let’s just digest the fact that Tessa is actually advocating for white actors to take acting jobs from underrepresented black folks. Just let that sink in. Marinate.
:mjpls:

But the Coli told me that biracials are the same as black people. The Coli also told me that biracials are black if the father is black. The Coli got some explaining to do.
:lolbron: