actress Tessa Thompson getting love for tweet regarding biracial representation in movies

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know you're not referencing this commercial but the bolded made me think of "The Andersons got tickets to the game? :dahell: How'd they get tickets?! :mindblown:"

Yep thought about when I made my comment about those interracial commercials.

You see how the father doesn't touch or sit next to the mother.....:sas1:

Now compare the physical contact when the interrcial couple is a white man and a black women in a commercial....:sas2:.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not trying to start something but if that’s the case then she should turn down roles where she is required to play a black person. And only play roles where the character is a biracial person, and Hollywood need to get that memo not to cast mixed people in black roles to fill the “black quota”. If a distinction is to occur it should occur all over all mediums.:yeshrug:

Great point.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Yep thought about when I made my comment about those interracial commercials.

You see how the father doesn't touch or sit next to the mother.....:sas1:

Now compare the physical contact when the interrcial couple is a white man and a black women in a commercial....:sas2:.
"But ... the games are sold out!" :mjcry:

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
Not trying to start something but if that’s the case then she should turn down roles where she is required to play a black person. And only play roles where the character is a biracial person, and Hollywood need to get that memo not to cast mixed people in black roles to fill the “black quota”. If a distinction is to occur it should occur all over all mediums.:yeshrug:

You got me there :ld:

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Being pro black also means not acquiescing to others to make them feel better.

How are you being asked to accept bi/multiracials?

You are not being asked to call them black. You are not being asked to march for biracial rights. You are not being forced to befriend any biracials.

I see a couple of guys on here whose posts seem to show a lot of pure hate for biracials and light skinned folk. Its crazy the ridiculous hate filled generalisations.

For a people often hated for no other reason other than the colour of our skin which we have no say in having, i find it odd to hate biracials for the very same stupid reason.

I laugh when people say black poeple cant be racist.

We obviously can be racist. But we dont have an established power system to make racism felt so we say "black people cant be racist".

But if we see it purely from the perspective of mindless hate then some posters here are indeed racist.

We complain about the dehumanizing evil antics of some white/other people and we feel its effects, directly or indIrectly. Then we go on and treat biracials the exact same way.

Biracials are not some other super sepatrate species to be mocked or fetishized. They are flesh and blood humans with feelings like everyone else.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism

You are not being asked to call them black. You are not being asked to march for biracial rights. You are not being forced to befriend any biracials.

I see a couple of guys on here whose posts seem to show a lot of pure hate for biracials and light skinned folk. Its crazy the ridiculous hate filled generalisations.

For a people often hated for no other reason other than the colour of our skin which we have no say in having, i find it odd to hate biracials for the very same stupid reason.

We obviously can be racist. But we dont have an established power system to make racism felt so we say "black people cant be racist".

But if we see it purely from the perspective of mindless hate then some posters here are indeed racist.

We complain about the dehumanizing evil antics of some white/other people and we feel its effects, directly or indIrectly. Then we go on and treat biracials the exact same way.

Biracials are not some other super sepatrate species to be mocked or fetishized. They are flesh and blood humans with feelings like everyone else.

Surely you mean prejudiced, don't run in here and conflate terms, rolling with deflective rhetoric black people are not stopping white/Asian/biracial people from doing a damn thing.

And who is we?......nah you mean you

And who are these guys who in your words:

posts seem to show a lot of pure hate for biracials and light skinned folk.

Seeing as you wanna stand on your soap box and virtue signal name them don't be scared.

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Surely you mean prejudiced, don't run in here and conflate terms, rolling with deflective rhetoric black people are not stopping white/Asian/biracial people from doing a damn thing.

Maybe you should reread my post esp the part you bolded.

"Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity." - Wikip...

And there is no need to dig up peoples posts to point out that so and so said this.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
There is an entire generation of black people who up until social media, had no real interaction with other black people, little understand of black culture and did not even know where to look for black representation.

that same generation now has a voice, and somehow became the influencers of black culture online.

Yup

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

You are engaging in hyperbole, a lot of posts from posters are reactionary as opposed to anything else. I personally don’t have any issues with biracials, I always view biracials as black not because cacs put in place the one drop rule but because in the eyes of the world at large biracials are black. In essence the probability of a biracial person being called ****** is as high as the probability of me being called that. In the eyes of a racist we are the same. You can’t deny the fact that some biracial people make it a point to point out they are not black but black and white. And fair enough that is the fact of the matter but then it seems they will be black when it’s convienient for them or beneficial for them. It really boils down to not straddling the fence as the world has one clear point of view of what you are.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Maybe you should reread my post esp the part you bolded.

"Racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity." - Wikip...

And there is no need to dig up peoples posts to point out that so and so said this.
Talk about intellectual dishonesty seeing as you like to cherry pick:
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b : a political or social system founded on racism
3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Now which of those definitions apply to black people?
Definition of prejudice

1 : injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims

2 a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion
(2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
b : an instance of such judgment or opinion
c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

Definition of discrimination
1 a : prejudiced or prejudicial outlook, action, or treatment
  • racial discrimination
b : the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually
2 : the quality or power of finely distinguishing
  • the film viewed by those with discrimination
3 a : the act of making or perceiving a difference : the act of discriminating
  • a bloodhound's scent discrimination
b psychology : the process by which two stimuli differing in some aspect are responded to differently

And like I said if you are going to cry foul of posters name them, or did you just read the thread title, opening post and decided to run off at the mouth?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
It’s good for biracials to feel accepted although it’s still common for whites (or other non blacks) to accept their biracial children. Let them have they representation but not at the expense of black folks.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Lol. Intellectual dishonesty?

Gotta love the online pseudointellectuals.

Talk about intellectual dishonesty seeing as you like to cherry pick:

And like I said if you are going to cry foul of posters name them, or did you just read the thread title, opening post and decided to run off at the mouth?

Yo Mama

Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Ahhhh. So some people are salty about biracials who distance themselves from blackness. Its their choice no refection on black people or other biracials.

And biracials are NOT viewed as black around the world.

America, though very influentual, is not the world.

You are engaging in hyperbole, a lot of posts from posters are reactionary as opposed to anything else. I personally don’t have any issues with biracials, I always view biracials as black not because cacs put in place the one drop rule but because in the eyes of the world at large biracials are black. In essence the probability of a biracial person being called ****** is as high as the probability of me being called that. In the eyes of a racist we are the same. You can’t deny the fact that some biracial people make it a point to point out they are not black but black and white. And fair enough that is the fact of the matter but then it seems they will be black when it’s convienient for them or beneficial for them. It really boils down to not straddling the fence as the world has one clear point of view of what you are.