about to reach the age where it looks like I'll never have my own family

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Not married, not a single serious relationship to my name, no relationship experience really, no kids & tip-toeing to 40 (30 going on to 31 in a month). I mean...Ive made my peace with it but.. damn.

just to sit and realize it might not happen... wow. Has anyone else come to that realization also?

share with your brehs, brehs :wow: lets vibe
30? :mjlol:

You are young as hell relative to a man getting married.

Let's it come to you sir

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Not married, not a single serious relationship to my name, no relationship experience really, no kids & tip-toeing to 40 (30 going on to 31 in a month). I mean...Ive made my peace with it but.. damn.
just to sit and realize it might not happen... wow. Has anyone else come to that realization also?
share with your brehs, brehs
lets vibe
You're 30? I got married in my early 30s. You got some time.
Its not unusual to get married in your mid to late 30s too.
Actually, there are a good number of single women who are in their 30s. Being single and in your 30s with no kids is not bad and to some women, something they are looking for.

There are clubs and internet dating sites and stuff.
The only thing I can recommend, and its not the GOAT idea or fail-safe idea, is to check out a bunch of churches that you feel comfortable attending.
Dress nicely. Groom your hair. First impressions matter. And, you are kind of competing with other single dudes. You don't want to be second in line to the local Billy Dee Williams of said church. :manny:
Just let people know you are checking out churches.
While checking out a church, see if there's a singles Bible-study group. Check that out.
You actually meet up with a single Christian woman who then inquires about why you are checking the church or Bible-study group out, just tell them unit321 sent you. :lolbron:

151_Pr00f

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the Clouds
You gotta start slow OP. If it's just the experience of getting laid you're after then backpages is your friend. Other than that you gotta drop that disney fantasy propaganda of finding the one and living happily ever after. Work on improving yourself and befriending individuals on the same path. Get hobbies and goals, travel, make yourself an interesting person to hang around. your dikk is going to be just as dry 10 years from now as it is today if you're moping around feeling sorry for yourself. Honestyly dude, at your age its a buyers market. From your posting style you don't come off as totally clueless but more or less defeated. Women can sense that aura and it's not doing you any good in the long run. You gotta pull yourself outta that pit of despair.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't even like getting all personal and ish on the coli but I was engaged at 21 and almost again at 25.

I'm turning 30 this year and I can tell you I'm thankful for my unanswered prayers. I would not be able to have the life I have now, the job I have now, the ability to see the world. The experiences to write about. Discovering myself and my passions.

Sometimes we don't know how good we have it, because we just perceive loneliness or empitiness but no one can fill those voids but you.

Although its a messed up thing to say, I'm happy I experienced some of the worst things you can experience in a relationship because it made me realize im OK being single than settling .

The best thing I can say is livr life, get a passport travel. Volunteer, life can change in a instant.

I'm not saying give up just focus your eyes on other stuff.

When you shift your mindset things start happening.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
yeah fam, I still hold the title...no one on thecoli can match my 30 yrs of blue balls [||]
Try 34. :ufdup:

I win.
107176759-S.jpg

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
Marriage was created because kids need their two parents and a stable living environment.

If you don't want kids, there is no need for marriage.

If you want kids, biology comes into the dance, so does marriage, unless you want to have kids out of wedlock.

marriage isnt how any species survived thousands of years, including humans
therefore it isnt a biological necessity
maybe an insurance of mentally healthy children, but not a necessity

we're just really meant to fukk nut and KIM :heh:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
ive got a sister who is 32. Shes a doctor, has her shyt together and isnt married. I kinda feel bad for her. She gets depressed sometime because she thought she would have had a family by now. :to:
Let's be honest right now though. How many good guys did she pass up for the nicca she was chasing :mjpls:?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
marriage isnt how any species survived thousands of years, including humans
therefore it isnt a biological necessity
maybe an insurance of mentally healthy children, but not a necessity

we're just really meant to fukk nut and KIM :heh:

You might be right. I didn't express myself properly.

Marriage is not per se a biological necessity, but procreating early is.

And since marriage was create to support procreation, the necessity to procreate early extend to marriage.

So let me rephrase my initial point: marrying early is not just a societal standard, it's a standard based on a biological necessity.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:comeon: Tell her to turn off the rom-com. She's a Dr in her early 30s... She's winning. She took care of business and can now provide for her fam when the time comes just off her own strength.

...start a family at 18 and struggle during your youth and probably not be mature enough to take care of kids in the first place... Be a dr and start a family with earning potential and maturity ..

People so use to the struggle they don't even know how to handle winning anymore.
:dead: Maaan listen. Let me be a doctor at 32 with no kids. Muthafukka Im hittin bad bishes all the time and taking trips to the most luxurious places.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The only danger I'd tell you to watch out for Is that not having any relationship experience you will prob fall for the first girl that liks you even if she is a wrong fit. That's what I say learn to love yourself and the life you have now. See when you love your life so much then if someone isn't enriching it you won't be afraid to walk away.

See I love my life Noe, I love traveling to cities and countries, photography. Having no responsibilities but my own. I'm happy I'm stable in all facets. For me to give up what I have she has to be worth it, and if she isn't then I'm not afraid to hop back into my glorious life of singledom.

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
There is a right time and season for everyone.

Just because all your friends may be married with kids and your single doesn't mean you should feel down and out if that's what you desire.

Russell Wilson won a Superbowl in his second season. It took john elway almost 20 years.

I'm not trying to be a cheerleader or anything here, but this goes entirely with what you've been talking about for years on this site. You can only think like the above IF:
You have strong principles and boundaries established.

There is simply no other way. It's only by being Authentic and Vulnerable can you say you don't care what your friends or anybody else has. It's living inside-out rather than outside-in. You don't need to seek external validation to be happy. It's the definition of being a free-spirit. The thing is, this is tough, and it requires you to really put yourself out there. Something that we all did as kids before we got shut down. But you have to do it to be it. I realized this late, but man sure glad I did.

For everyone else:
Brene Brown preaches this. It's very much suggested reading.

shyt, it's a major topic psychologically as well when you look at personality types:
http://www.celebritytypes.com/isfp.php
All of these people look at life leading with something called Introverted Feeling(Fi) meaning they live and act according to what feels right to them, not the outside world. When cats think they make music/art/entertainment to please everyone, that's completely far from the truth. They'll tell you themselves they make music that feels right to them first.

The answer at: 15:35 of this interview says it all. That's straight out of Quincy Jones' mouth. You gonna listen to Quincy Jones' life advice or your friends' advice they try to give you to "correct" yours?

To put it another way:
There is a famous story in the Hebrew Scriptures of the Bible where three young gentlemen are faced with either giving worship to a god they believe is false (according to the religion and culture of their youth), or dying in a fire. Their conscience does not allow them to do even a single act of worship and so they are throw into a huge furnace. In the story, an angel is said to protect them from death as reward for their loyalty.

The magical elements of this story aside, the willingness to die for a conviction or belief is at the heart of Authenticity.

Authenticity-driven people are far more driven by personal conviction than any other consideration. In fact, it is sometimes difficult to motivate an Authenticity person unless they are personally touched or inspired. Once committed, however, they are a powerhouse and oftentimes unstoppable.

This often takes them in idealistic directions, believing something to be possible because they first felt it on the inside. Outside considerations are not nearly as interesting or compelling as internal feelings, and so they are often strangers – or even blind – to metrics. Something can be done because they believe it can, and others will stand in disbelief as an Authenticity person moves mountains to accomplish a vision.
http://www.personalityhacker.com/authenticity-as-a-decision-maker/

You live according to what everyone else tells you, there's a great chance you'll have something you don't genuinely want. But you gotta love yourself and do you what ultimately you want first and foremost. This applies for anything, relationships, career, hobbies, etc.

Last edited:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
The only danger I'd tell you to watch out for Is that not having any relationship experience you will prob fall for the first girl that liks you even if she is a wrong fit. That's what I say learn to love yourself and the life you have now. See when you love your life so much then if someone isn't enriching it you won't be afraid to walk away.

See I love my life Noe, I love traveling to cities and countries, photography. Having no responsibilities but my own. I'm happy I'm stable in all facets. For me to give up what I have she has to be worth it, and if she isn't then I'm not afraid to hop back into my glorious life of singledom.

You and OP are not on the same path.

OP is looking for someone to start a family;

You're looking for a super-lover (a feminine version of you ?).