about to reach the age where it looks like I'll never have my own family

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm 29 and have to admit that I'm slightly starting to feel like I'll never meet the one...I've been in relationships and whatnot but I've been single a couple years now. :patrice:

Is what it is I guess...then again you never know what'll happen. :manny:
you will knock up

and east side hoodrat.
maybe a highland park hood rat.

Peace.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 34 going on 35 at the end of the year. I've spent the last say 15 years in serious relationships for a year or two at a time, with 3-4 year single periods in-between. Personally if it happens it happens, but in the meantime I'm trying to travel and do things on the bucket list. Im in the middle of making a career change as well (it looks promising that make me very optimistic)

Its better to find some career direction, and/or enjoy yourself while you still have the freedom and finances to do so. I try to travel several times a year, hit music festivals, just doing things I enjoy or may enjoy. Luckily we don't have the "biological clock" problem that women have....no rush on us. No need attempting to map out a timeline of where you feel you should be in life at a certain age.

The last thing you want is to settle down and trying to start a family just for the sake of. It will eventually lead to heartache, divorce, financial ruin from possibly having to make child support payments, etc. I have a few friends guilty of this......and at the moment many of them digging in for ugly, long term legal battles (divorce/family court/etc)......you don't realize how lucky you truly are.
this is so true, I'm 27 and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that nonsense yet.

one of my boys who is younger then me has 2 kids by 2 nothing ass broads because his stupid ass didn't want to strap up and now he can't even come out on the weekend and have drinks or do anything else with me and my other homies because child support takes his check before he even gets it :damn:

what's crazy is he is the only nikka in my immediate circle who has kids but he is the youngest out of all of us, now he is living with some other broad who has 2 kids who aren't even his :snoop: he is broke living off of another women all because his stupid ass was too dumb to strap up.

if your healthy and take care of yourself at 30 then you still have time to eat well, I see it for myself daily, hell my pops homeboy is close to near 50 still knocking down young bytches :russ: every time I see him he has some wild stories about some young freaks.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Not married, not a single serious relationship to my name, no relationship experience really, no kids & tip-toeing to 40 (30 going on to 31 in a month). I mean...Ive made my peace with it but.. damn.

just to sit and realize it might not happen... wow. Has anyone else come to that realization also?

share with your brehs, brehs :wow: lets vibe
:childplease: fukk up boi, you already got a family in thecoli.. you dont need anything else :ufdup:

Air Nikes N Hats

Poor mans Johnny Football Lifestyle!
Daps
Reppin
SINY!!
I was with you up to the "bring home".

You have to stay in that culture. For marriage to work, both the culture and women must support marriage.
There is no support in the States or any Anglo-sphere country for marriage ... at least not for men.

I went to the Dominican Republic with a friend 4-5 year ago. Against my advice he decided to bring back a woman from DR to the states. Biggest mistake he ever made. At first she was good.....cooked, cleaned, took good care of the place....once she got accustomed to life here in the states (NYC particularly)....she was out every weekend, getting drunk, fukking whoever.....at the end of the day, he married her and knocked her up hoping she would change. We can all imagine how that turned out :heh:

﹏﹏⛴﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Supporter
Daps
I'm in the same position just slightly younger at 28. No dating/relationship/intimate experience whatsoever. Only I never expected or felt entitled to a family or a relationship since my early high school days. But I kinda self-identify as a weirdo black dude. Thankfully being the youngest of my immediate family, all my older brothers and sisters had kids so I don't feel any type of pressure when it comes to marriage, kids, family, etc (even though I'm the only child of my parents; they had my bros/sisters prior to meeting). But even if they did, I'd just respond "you shouldn't take your current grandkids for granted :troll::umad:"

Anyway, it's cool to see atypical thread that deviates from the TLR norm. Repped :obama:

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Are you being serious?

You got a job so why don't you have females? You got super high standards or something?

Talk to every girl who looks at you. Girls are easy breh real shyt you just gotta approach them first cuz most are scared or too stuck up. Females want us more then we want them.

You're only 31. You almost :flabbynsick:, but you got time. Start getting at chicks now. Date around see what you like for a few years. Then wife up the best candidate. Choose wisely though :ufdup:
Men and women want each other equally but have different motivations.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Oh and I'm kinda stuck in some of my ways, and bytches always trying to change nikkas ain't gonna fly with me. I like to go and come when I'm pleased, that would be a hard adjustment.
You have to compromise in a relationship. If you can't then you are better off alonE. It's not about trying to change someone but you have to act like you are in a relationship and not a perpetual bachelor.

Daps
:beli:girls also mostly like dudes that other girls like or who would be seen as acceptable to their friends...this kind of approval is important for some reason. not like us who could be with some thot and could give a fukk what anyone else thinks so you should try to get some girls(idk where you'll find em) to start a PR campaign on your behalf and start talking you up to other girls...so basically get friendzoned and work the networking angle...if that makes any sense.:manny: worth a shot...does seem like a lot of effort though:ehh:

This is titled 'preselection'.

A very easy way for a guy to leverage this phenomena is to don a wedding ring regardless of actual marriage status.

Appearances matter more than substance to a majority of people.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Nikka your 30 :heh:, if you Die at the average age you haven't even lived half your life yet.

Life changes when you want it to change.
Im reading this like breh gotta be atleast 40.. its not uncommon for successful people to start a family later in life.. 35 you can wife up a nice 27 year old lady with a degree, good job ect

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Scared of being alone at 30? Breh, it aint that serious. You're in the prime of single life and you use that to your advantage.

There's more than enough women who would choose up in your position.

Peace