about to reach the age where it looks like I'll never have my own family

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Never put a time line on yourself based on what people think you should have by a certain age. This is why people spin themselves into depression. My parents had me at 35 and were no where near a wheelchair at my graduation. Plenty of people start families later these days.

Stop downing yourself too. Every positive post you conter and jokingly down yourself. There are short dudes that have relationships, get married and even have the opportunity to be scumbags to women, but the defeatist attitude will not help.

If this is something you really want figure out what your problem is, are you shy, self conscious, trouble talking to women, do you think you are unattractive or what? Are these things you can change or work on?

Last edited:

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even like getting all personal and ish on the coli but I was engaged at 21 and almost again at 25.

I'm turning 30 this year and I can tell you I'm thankful for my unanswered prayers. I would not be able to have the life I have now, the job I have now, the ability to see the world. The experiences to write about. Discovering myself and my passions.

Sometimes we don't know how good we have it, because we just perceive loneliness or empitiness but no one can fill those voids but you.

Although its a messed up thing to say, I'm happy I experienced some of the worst things you can experience in a relationship because it made me realize im OK being single than settling .

The best thing I can say is livr life, get a passport travel. Volunteer, life can change in a instant.

I'm not saying give up just focus your eyes on other stuff.

When you shift your mindset things start happening.

:russ::sas2:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Not married, not a single serious relationship to my name, no relationship experience really, no kids & tip-toeing to 40 (30 going on to 31 in a month). I mean...Ive made my peace with it but.. damn.

just to sit and realize it might not happen... wow. Has anyone else come to that realization also?

share with your brehs, brehs :wow: lets vibe
So why not? Why don't you have any relationship experience at 30? I assume that a family is something that you do want, so why have you already given up on that at 30?

Daps
Not married, not a single serious relationship to my name, no relationship experience really, no kids & tip-toeing to 40 (30 going on to 31 in a month). I mean...Ive made my peace with it but.. damn.

just to sit and realize it might not happen... wow. Has anyone else come to that realization also?

Why no relationships at all?

I honestly only had 1 relation before 2010, albeit a very short one, but why you giving up on yourself at 30?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I dont know breh, honestly dont know what going on; might be my looks or being 5'5" or just natural selection (@Mowgli).

And hell yes to the bolded...but like the homie @God's Favorite Son said..Imma just let it go.

Do you live in or near a city? Ha
I dont know breh, honestly dont know what going on; might be my looks or being 5'5" or just natural selection (@Mowgli).

And hell yes to the bolded...but like the homie @God's Favorite Son said..Imma just let it go.

I haven't read this whole thread, and I'm not going to, so forgive me if it's been addressed or said.

Everybody has positives and negatives to who they are and what appeals to the opposite sex. It's tough for short brehs, argubly, it's probably one of the biggest things to overcome when it comes to American women, but it's not a death-knell. Dogg, I'm 5'7, maybe 5'8 on a good day...I outright shytted on myself looks-wise in another thread a couple days ago and I do so often on here, jokingly. I've consistently had women for most of my life reject me for my height, but more than anything, your attitude and how you present yourself to whomever you want is the biggest factor in whether or not you will be able to find a mate.

When approaching women, keep this in mind there's women out there that would reject Idris Elba or Channing Tatum...there's women out there that go for Tom Cruise or Mark Wahlberg or Larenz Tate or Aziz Ansari...yeah they are rich and famous but shyt before Kevin Hart even got famous he was married to a fine girl, and he's 5'2. Everyone has some positives to who they are, be it personality, they can tell jokes or a good story or they are smart, they might have a good heart and like to help people, etc etc. Learn to focus on what makes you unique, and appeals to other people, not just sexually...maximize that and focus on your other tangibles...get in shape, get your money right, have some stories and adventures to tell...TRAVEL! If you knock yourself out the game before you even throw the first punch...it shows...and no one will want to be around you...not just romantically. Also, learn not to come at every woman that is attractive...just learn to have a conversation with an attractive woman. Do you know how often I got digits or more, just because I wasn't a thirsty dude and had a decent conversation game. More than I got fingers.

Much like you, I'm 31...up until 24-25...I was laughably horrible with women...laughably because, while i'm short, and not traditionally handsome, I had a fair amount of women come my way...and the number one reason why I failed time and again is because I had the personality of a brick when you first met me. My personality was shyt because my confidence was incredibly low from years of failed attempts at getting at women. Learn to emphasize your positives and joke and/or put your negatives out of your mind. I'm short...but I'm smart, I'm in fairly great shape, I speak well, learned to dress better, got my money right, got some life experience from the 9 million jobs I worked in my twenties, and now I'm a fairly cultured and decent dude...and you know what...getting women from 20-40 is easy...shoot, sometimes too easy...they come at me...all types, young, old, black, white, persian, hispanic, women taller than me, etc...not all women...but enough that I can be satisfied...but throughout all that, I shacked up with a halfway decent woman that likes me for me and I feel like can build a future with...(despite what you remember me saying a couple months ago)

So don't give up...now more than ever is probably the greatest time to be young and single, and arguably 30 is the greatest age for it, fukk what the kids on here say about your 30's. You have to go for it though...it's not going to come to you.

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sounds a little bit like me. I've only been in one "relationship," and that shyt sucked. I don't even think of it as serious. Don't have much sexual experience (only 3 bodies), no kids, and approaching 32....

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's your mind state now ?
Hmmmm....

Right now, I have a strong mental desire for female company (I've been sexless ever since me and my "ex" split, over two years). It bothers me, seeing that I have a strong sex drive. Other than that, I've been slowly but surely improving in other areas. So basically, I'm "OK" for now....

TheArchitect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
keep your head up breh.

get out there and meet women though man. i know that loneliness takes a toll on your mind every now and then. get out of your comfort zone, open your mouth, blurt some polite/basic bullshyt out at a woman in your crosshairs and introduce yourself. it is that simple sometimes.
arent you a virgin as well / havent had sex for 5 yers or something?
It's the same for me. That shyt is taking a GREAT toll on a nikka mind.

I subconsciously talk myself out of speaking to women though like that. I think it mostly stems from fukked-up situations I walked into earlier in life....

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh you still have time don't stay down it's never too late like I don't mean to sound corny :snoop:but there are good women out there somewhere you just have to make the move can't be too shy or too aggressive just be yourself breh you can do it sorry brehs for being so corny:manny:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't be stuck either breh be ready to try different races, really anything you've even thought about trying just know the first date you get probably won't be the one :whoa: but good luck breh