Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
if this is anything like what TDE has released so far I will be pleased. Only crew that doesn't disappoint. Literally no misses! fingas crossed.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
This isn't nearly weird enough for me, I want more rapping about phantom planets or whatever the fukk but this will probably net him more success, numbers-wise. I like that he isn't afraid to come across goofy as fukk but sometimes it's like "come on, did he really just say that?". Also I heard the freestyle at the end once and that was enough, I'll pretty much never replay it ever again.

It's not bad but I don't like it as much as the previous album.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Just listening to it for the first time shxt is cool :obama:

I'm kinda glad this album brought the Ab-Soul Brigade down to earth about his skills tho shxt was getting out of hand :manny:

Plus what y'all expect Control System was a subject album Soul don't talk about stars, planets and sacred geometry on every fvkkin song :what:

Oh and TPC for life :youngsabo: :blessed:

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Another trap 808 "Westcoast" album...smh this album is a joke..I had high hopes for homie but he failed...Alchemist please save this dude !

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Sapisexual is classic Solo :banderas:
Yup

I was kinda hoping to get more shyt like this

You can tell ab-soul is a huge drake fan. He even starts the album like a drake album and talked more about relationships all through out. Even borrowed drakes flow on these days. Absoul musically has changed the least or these songs were recorded a while ago. I liked this but I can tell it'll take me some time to really get into. Its not instant like with GKMC, Oxymoron, or Cilvia. Also Fre$h did his thing hope YM gets behind him. He's got some cool songs

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
just finished this .... man, this blows. i really hope yall aint calling this top 5 aoty material....

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
The more spins I give this album the better it gets. "God's Reign", "Tree of Life", "Dub Sac", "Closure", "Sapiosexual", "Feelin Us", "Ride Slow" and "W.R.O.H." all getting repeat spins. Whole album actually starts to sound more cohesive as well. Second half is easily the strongest, I'm happy with this project, TDE still yet to disappoint :obama: