Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
the album wasn't bad i know why people aren't feeling it though, imo ab-soul tried to a mainstream approach and it didn't work.

control system has more depth to it than these days...

but me being an ab-soul stan i will still bump this

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This album sucks

Oxymoron was way better. Ab soul disappointed me big time

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its aight after some thorough listens, got some wack shyt on here but that dont take away from the overall product. I just wish TDE would take a better approach to marketing their albums.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
Oxymoron had to grow on me and this probably will too...right now I'd say 3/5. Ab is my favorite after KDot so I was hoping for more of a Control System/Long Term 3 type of sound but this was a decent major debut.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Its aight after some thorough listens, got some wack shyt on here but that dont take away from the overall product. I just wish TDE would take a better approach to marketing their albums.

His major debut is due next year, I'd say this is more so just to give him new music to tour and keep the fans / Ab happy.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
His major debut is due next year, I'd say this is more so just to give him new music to tour and keep the fans / Ab happy.

With Interscope? I know he's not with a major.

Just listened to the album for the first time and from this initial listen I'm feeling most of the tracks after Twact. Might have to give this the whip test too

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps
I'm honestly surprised most of you aren't feeling this. The only track I don't like is twact, everything else is above average to fire! Ab-Soul should be proud of this

I was expecting Control System 2 or some Longterm vibe, and I think many was doing the same. When that wasn't the case we got disappointed. With that said I also think this album has more downs then ups and many of the beats are not my taste and I dont think they fit Soul.

The people that didnt like Soul before hand will like him of this project anyway. And probably never will. But thats their bad, missing out on some dope music. Soul shows on WROH he can spit.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
With Interscope? I know he's not with a major.

Just listened to the album for the first time and from this initial listen I'm feeling most of the tracks after Twact. Might have to give this the whip test too

Just going by what Top said. I think TDE have distribution through Interscope so maybe that's what he means as opposed to a digital / webshop only release.

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It dont matter, this is the product he wants to add to his catalog and it its average and a step back from his last joint. I see he was trying to do something different and thats cool but it overall was just ok. Cilvia Demo>>>>>>>