Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
It has it's moments.

It's just that the first track gets you set up for Control System part 2..... which is his lane and it's what us fans want. a continuation.

But overall, his first mixtape is better than this.

I'm talking the one with "Day in the Life" on it. It feels like he regressed trying to cater.

edit: damn, I watched this shyt before I even knew who Kendrick was. never realized it was him the whole time.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Yup

I was kinda hoping to get more shyt like this

You can tell ab-soul is a huge drake fan. He even starts the album like a drake album and talked more about relationships all through out. Even borrowed drakes flow on these days. Absoul musically has changed the least or these songs were recorded a while ago. I liked this but I can tell it'll take me some time to really get into. Its not instant like with GKMC, Oxymoron, or Cilvia. Also Fre$h did his thing hope YM gets behind him. He's got some cool songs

Honestly I'm feeling this way more than Oxymoron

HnC and Control System are both personal classic, but to me Oxymoron really was Q taking a step back :manny:

To me this is still prime Soul, just on a different steez than Control System, I am starting to think people that were introduced to Soul from Ab Souls outro or control system can't really fvkk with this cuz they thought he was just that, he isn't tho and just from a couple listens I know a lot of bars from this LP came and went over peoples heads

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
Honestly I'm feeling this way more than Oxymoron

HnC and Control System are both personal classic, but to me Oxymoron really was Q taking a step back :manny:

To me this is still prime Soul, just on a different steez than Control System, I am starting to think people that were introduced to Soul from Ab Souls outro or control system can't really fvkk with this cuz they thought he was just that, he isn't tho and just from a couple listens I know a lot of bars from this LP came and went over peoples heads
Example of these lines? Ya'll talking bout Soulo like he's on some Lupe shyt on this album :dahell:

Sciz

Pro
Daps
extremely bad.

at least the kendrick interlude and the lupe song saved this shyt from being 0/10

ab deserves the hate...bad projects like this one give tde a really bad image

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
Just ran through the album........

shFHcL6.gif

Gotta run through it again later

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Example of these lines? Ya'll talking bout Soulo like he's on some Lupe shyt on this album :dahell:
Check the battle track with Daylyt

His whole verse is on some Lupe extended metaphors and themes, wordplay, double entendre shyt

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Check the battle track with Daylyt

His whole verse is on some Lupe extended metaphors and themes, wordplay, double entendre shyt

The amount of flips he had on Daylyt's name was crazy, his delivery was average as hell for a battle though.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Album is crazy inconsistent. Its really not bad at all. A 3.5/5 sounds about right, but damn @ the lack of direction on here....

Control System was one of my favorites in 2012