Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

MostHatedBox

Boxstate's own
Supporter
Daps
This has grown on me. At first I was :sadcam: because of the lack of focus and direction on the album. His next shyt will be dope though

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
i need to listen to this again, it sounded corny and forced the first time and i couldnt even get through it all..but I had high hopes for soulo and ive been meaning to give it a fresh listen

fukk it im gonna go check it out right now

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
This is one of my favorite projects from last year. shyt grew on me so much in the last year. I didn't think that I could like this project more than Control System but they're neck and neck right now.

Screwtape

All Star
Daps
I don't understand this ¨parody¨ shyt, why make a weak album on purpose :patrice:
That's just throwing yourself under the bus, the average listener just going to think its wack.

its pretty ballsy to attempt something like that, seeing as, and as you say, the average listener will have no idea. To make an album that you personally believe will only be understood by a minority is actually pretty honourable. Whether it actually worked is debatable, re listening now and struggling with it, but ill honestly admit that I had no idea that it was his intention to comment on the current state of hip hop..didnt even make the 'these days' connection smh

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i think i posted earlier that i fukk with this project, the coli is mad quick with its assessments of projects, but i listened to this months after everyone here critiqued it and it was much nicer than you can give it credit for based off a rushed "first to comment" listen

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Outside of a few cuts on here, I still hold Control System as his best project.

Looking forward to the next joint though

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i think i posted earlier that i fukk with this project, the coli is mad quick with its assessments of projects, but i listened to this months after everyone here critiqued it and it was much nicer than you can give it credit for based off a rushed "first to comment" listen
i was always on board. it is a good album that was unfairly hated. A straight 7.8/10 type album

First six songs (Tree of life , 100 stacks, World Runners, dub sac, Gods Reign, Nevermind that)... Feelin Us, stigmata , wroh...all fire