Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

sun raw

All Star
Daps
The amount of flips he had on Daylyt's name was crazy, his delivery was average as hell for a battle though.

I honestly didn't realize he had started until like a minute into the freestyle, I thought he was just talking.

I'm almost willing to believe he's making a parody only because there are some really bad lines throughout the album and they're almost always the ridiculous rap-type kinds like the 'lesbian or librarian' one. But then I'm like nah these are just bad lines.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I honestly didn't realize he had started until like a minute into the freestyle, I thought he was just talking.

I'm almost willing to believe he's making a parody only because there are some really bad lines throughout the album and they're almost always the ridiculous rap-type kinds like the 'lesbian or librarian' one. But then I'm like nah these are just bad lines.

Some cat posted one of his tweets earlier where be basically confirmed that the album is supposed to be commentary on / highlighting a lot of the ridiculous rap trends etc. so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lines were corny on purpose, I'm sure some of them were just weak lines though. His verse on "Twact" was just all kinds of :scusthov:

Killalex

Hov did it so you don't have to
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDE
Some cat posted one of his tweets earlier where be basically confirmed that the album is supposed to be commentary on / highlighting a lot of the ridiculous rap trends etc. so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the lines were corny on purpose, I'm sure some of them were just weak lines though. His verse on "Twact" was just all kinds of :scusthov:
I don't understand this ¨parody¨ shyt, why make a weak album on purpose :patrice:
That's just throwing yourself under the bus, the average listener just going to think its wack.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
man i fukks with twact
every song except sapiosexual (trash) and closure (too emotional) can get burned

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Finally checked out this album... :patrice:

Ab-Soul is still a good mc & when he's focused on this album, as good as he's ever been.. it's just that he's not focused all the time. And it seems like other than his emceeing, everything else is just average on this album(compared to his earlier mixtapes/albums). Production, song/hook writing, verses/hooks by featured artists, overall cohesiveness etc.

If Control System was damn near worth 4.5 mics to me, this is only 3, maybe 3.5 mics on a good day.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i didn't listen to this album when it dropped/this thred was going, but i gave it heavy rotation over the last two weeks while on vacation, while it's not prime ab-soul the album was very listenable. dude fell off from CS to TD...altho maybe he's saving his better content...but I like this album

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I'm gonna have to come back to this, I didn't like it at first and I loved control system.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I hated on this album unfairly. Doesn't sound as bad as I first thought.