Ab-Soul - These Days (Official Discussion Thread)

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
It dont matter, this is the product he wants to add to his catalog and it its average and a step back from his last joint. I see he was trying to do something different and thats cool but it overall was just ok. Cilvia Demo>>>>>>>

I wasn't talking about the quality, more so responding to your mention of TDE marketing and why this was rolled out so low key.

I agree that Cilvia Demo is better after a couple spins but I'm gonna reserve final judgement until I've given this a couple of weeks to sink in.

I'm fukking with this joint heavy though :blessed:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
You can tell when an album is trash because the thread numbers are so low.

This album listenable :manny:

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised so many people don't like this honestly...A lot of y'all are saying that he took a step down lyrically, but I don't hear that at all. The subject matter is just less rebellious. Lyrics are still nice. Beats I can see people not rocking with it though.

I really like the album honestly.

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised so many people don't like this honestly...A lot of y'all are saying that he took a step down lyrically, but I don't hear that at all. The subject matter is just less rebellious. Lyrics are still nice. Beats I can see people not rocking with it though.

I really like the album honestly.

Ab himself said he wanted These Days to be less physiological and more "down to earth".

“That’s what I wanted to do. Rolling off of #controlsystem, I didn’t want to seem too philosophical so we don’t want to confuse anybody. [I wanted] to bring it back down-to-Earth.”

I think he is just experimenting with different sounds and content ahead of his "major release" next year.

Either way, this shyt slaps :wow:

okocharuud

<<<<<<OG Member >>>>>PS5- Pattricckk
Daps
Reppin
:mjpls:
Tree of Life :ohlawd: Them drums :whew:

Besides that i can't listen to thjis album..This is coming from a Soul fan..

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
i don't buy that parody excuse... people are not familiar with you enough to try something like that

then you have some people that saw what you're capable of and you drop twact, which they think is the worst song

TDE tried to do something, and they failed... still a good album though

Last edited:

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
you nikkas really feelin this? :rudy:

shyt is wack man... more skippables than anything. I've listened to it twice in a row now hoping I missed something.

All this waiting for the weakest product out of the camp to date (which doesn't surprise me at all, but I figured you nikkas knew something I didn't).

Weak

AlmightySu

We really out here
Daps
Reppin
LA
After a few more listens it grew me, I actually like some songs alot. Still a step back from Control System, but its seems like in 2014 every album is either a classic or its trash to people. You don't HAVE TO like it tho, to each his own :yeshrug:

Stealth

They know the face and they know the name
Daps
Reppin
the streets
people are really feeling this album this much :dahell:

8 pages and I'm on 50 posts/page. the fukk :damn: