A24’s Multiverse “Everything Everywhere All at Once”

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Is this worth a blind buy? I have it on digital but don’t know when I’ll see it. Blu/4K is a pretty good deal. (Not on 4K, but I’d grab it anyway since blu is included.)

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Is this worth a blind buy? I have it on digital but don’t know when I’ll see it. Blu/4K is a pretty good deal. (Not on 4K, but I’d grab it anyway since blu is included.)
Yes. It reminds me of a matrix spinoff that never happened. Somehow the team was able to cram well choreographed fight scenes, existentialism, family drama, and science fiction all into one movie and it just...works.

You'll notice the matrix inspirations on your second viewing if you don't catch it right away. Clearly the team were fans of the first movie.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Yes. It reminds me of a matrix spinoff that never happened. Somehow the team was able to cram well choreographed fight scenes, existentialism, family drama, and science fiction all into one movie and it just...works.

You'll notice the matrix inspirations on your second viewing if you don't catch it right away. Clearly the team were fans of the first movie.
I don’t care for the Matrix tho. :patrice:

I think I’ll watch it on digital when I get home. The movie interested me with the parallel worlds concept.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I don’t care for the Matrix tho. :patrice:

I think I’ll watch it on digital when I get home. The movie interested me with the parallel worlds concept.
It’s not like the matrix, visually yes but, it’s a good movie. Licorice Pizza or this are the best movies I’ve seen this year by far.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I finally saw this joint. I think this a great technical achievement and a highly imaginative story, but I don’t think it’s a great movie. For me, it’s such a zany film that the “emotional” beats of the film fell completely flat. I could never imagine watching this film and feeling emotional in any capacity after seeing a large finger world fight, or two men fighting with inanimate objects up their anus—mere moments before—something supposedly “serious” is now happening.

I wanted to love this joint. I’m kind of frustrated by this movie somewhat, because I think there’s one of the “greatest” movies of all time in here with a few different choices. :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I finally saw this joint. I think this a great technical achievement and a highly imaginative story, but I don’t think it’s a great movie. For me, it’s such a zany film that the “emotional” beats of the film fell completely flat. I could never imagine watching this film and feeling emotional in any capacity after seeing a large finger world fight, or two men fighting with inanimate objects up their anus—mere moments before—something supposedly “serious” is now happening.

I wanted to love this joint. I’m kind of frustrated by this movie somewhat, because I think there’s one of the “greatest” movies of all time in here with a few different choices. :wow:
I agree with many of your points by it it also gained like 40% seeing this in a theater. I saw opening showing at IMAX and people were going nuts. Which most theaters are dead silent these days minus Garfield showing up in Spiderman

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk

The movie was like Rick and Morty lite but even less sincere to me

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Interesting fact and would've probably been a whole different story...

The Daniels originally wrote the screenplay for Jackie Chan (of all people) which would've played the husband opposite Michelle Yeoh. So the story would've put him in the center of the action. However due to scheduling conflicts Chan had to decline. Apparently the Daniels even flew to China just to see him. So instead they put the wife (Michelle Yeoh) first and had Chan now replaced by Jonathan Ke Quan be second.
would've been a way more interesting movie to me just as a fan of Jackie