A24’s Multiverse “Everything Everywhere All at Once”

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think I’m gonna dive into my own recap a bit more and say that’s this movie is now a personal favorite of mine, and it’s rare I find those these days…

I also don’t understand how it won so many awards, because most people’s taste is not like mine (not saying mine is better, just different), so even though I love this movie, I still feel like people I would suggest it to would be like :childplease:

I’ve read some things on Reddit that were like “if you been through those things or at a certain stage in life then it hits different”, and that’s how I feel, but I also don’t want to be pretentious as to act like you don’t “get it” because your not mature or something….

It does hit for me though…my take:

Man, that feeling that the world, my state, my city is just fukked up is tough at my age. It’s weird to have all these hopes and dreams and just feel like shyt is falling apart everywhere.

We were just all kids and now we all have kids and teens and something is just off.

So when they talk about those feelings, that it’s all your fault, that if you just did a few things different you would’ve been so much better, that you’re the worse version of yourself…that means alot

And to see a visual representation of no matter what you ended up in life, even rich and famous, it wouldve been hard, because the world is hard…

And I feel like the bagel for the daughter…I really feel like that represented suicide. Because a lot of our young people really feel that way…like man wtf is all this about. It all means nothing. So we just do whatever the f we want, feel nothing, connect on the internet and see and do everything there is to see and do, and eveything is pointless. Notice the new generation kills themselves at rates never seen before…

And the fighting back with love speech. I felt that. Man I’ve seen riots in my city, black men hating black women and vice versa on social media, gangs, racism, democrats vs republicans, Russia vs US, LGBTQ vs politicians, I mean everyone hates everyone. And growing up we didn’t have the internet to rally our “people” and hate in such mass…

But that speech about man everyone is really just scared and how deep our issues really are (as a person who goes to therapy), that shyt really hit me.

I do feel this movie was a campy way to really push some deep shyt. I read somewhere that someone said the last 30 min was like therapy for them, and that’s how I felt - but I know I wouldn’t have felt that 10 years ago, or before I actually went to therapy or actually started questioning my existence, choices, society and own mortality…

Just my take…

I resonate with every part of your review from beginning to end.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just watched this, really lived up to the hype for me, 9/10.

My brother told me to watch this in theaters, and I ignored him, this was probably an insane theatre experience.

Got choked up at the end too. Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan and Stephanie Hsu killed it

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

IT WAS DECENT BUT OVERRATED AS fukk.

NO WAY JAMIE LEE
SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AS OSCAR
FOR THIS shyt

:devil:
:evil:

Still one of the most bizarre Oscar wins. I thought nothing of her role when I finished that movie, only to find out that she was getting nominated months later. She didn't even have a better performance than Stephanie Hsu :dead:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Still one of the most bizarre Oscar wins. I thought nothing of her role when I finished that movie, only to find out that she was getting nominated months later. She didn't even have a better performance than Stephanie Hsu :dead:
They wanted to give her the award. It’s not merit based

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Bought the during Black Friday last year and finally watched it last night.. :wow:

Like others have said, this might be the best movie I’ve ever seen. I wish I could’ve seen this in theaters, I bet it was a wild time.

I don’t a film has ever provoked from me this wide of range of emotions and reactions as this one. From laughing out loud to feeling physically uncomfortable when that:dame: fight scene happened.

Respectfully, the writers and directors gotta be sick in the head because how else do you come up with the stuff in this?

5/5. Can’t wait to see what the team does next.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Good movie with a strong message but Michelle Yeoh and JLC did not deserve Oscar’s at all :russ:
ke huy quan and stephanie hsu carried the fukk out this movie
And I’m a huge Yeoh fan but her performance did nothing for me
And that nikka really gotta be Lo Pan in real life :russ:
That man has been the Asian dad in all most everything EVER:russ::dead: