A24’s Multiverse “Everything Everywhere All at Once”

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I didn’t like this movie, I mean it was alright, I get that it was different and the fight scenes were pretty good.

But the gross out gags were over done in the beginning. The silliness of it for me was a miss, I just didn’t think any of it was funny at all.

And ultimately the story was simple but told in a super complex confusing way. I am just not a fan of these types of movies.

I had the same feeling when I saw it, was too over-the-top for me. The same story could've been said without all the exagerated jokes and whatnot. Too bad because it had a lot of elements of what I love in movies and I really wanted to like it. Not a bad movie by any stretch, but it didn't work that much for me

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I couldnt get into this shyt. Movie is overrated af. Yall trippin with the hype.
a leading 11 nominations at the 95th Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress for Yeoh, Best Supporting Actor for Quan, and Best Supporting Actress for Curtis and Hsu Only on Showtime/Paramount Plus

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
a leading 11 nominations at the 95th Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress for Yeoh, Best Supporting Actor for Quan, and Best Supporting Actress for Curtis and Hsu Only on Showtime/Paramount Plus
Act like the Oscars haven't over hyped movies before. :stopitslime:

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
it seems like this resurfaced at some nearby theater. Is it really worth a watch or am I better off torrenting this? :patrice:

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It was $5 so not much of a loss, but yes this did not need to be seen at the cinema. Had the ,:unimpressed: the whole time. Even fell asleep on that bit with rocks talking.
Tales. I saw the IMAX early preview like a week or 2 before it went wide. That shyt was sold out and the theater was rockin

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Tales. I saw the IMAX early preview like a week or 2 before it went wide. That shyt was sold out and the theater was rockin
I mean, it has its crowd but the jokes and action really werent for me. Nothing moved me. I do think that of this came out during my college days i'd have enjoyed it......but not in 2023 :unimpressed:

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Movie's not for everyone. It's harder if you are middle aged. It hits harder if you have lived a life of struggle with family and identity and depression. All of that hits pretty hard. I don't think a young person would really get this movie. It's also a pretty American movie. Asians in China are not going to understand the identity struggles and working class struggles of this family. This movie goes hard. But if it didn't hit for you, then it wasn't for you. Maybe try again in like 20 years after you lived some more life.