A win for flabby set: Old music represent 70% of U.S music market

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
True music heads saw this coming years ago, like the captain of the Titanic saw the iceberg on horizon.

Trade Fats Waller, Big Mama Thornton, Duke Ellington, Louis Jordan, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Little Richard, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Miles Davis, the Jackson Five, Chaka Khan, Donna Summer, Prince, Patrice Rushen, Roberta Flack, Earth, Wind & Fire, Parliament Funkadelic, Herbie Hancock, The Commodores, all of Motown, all of Stax, all of Philadelphia International, Bill Withers, Chic, Bob Marley, The Isley Brothers, Teddy Pendergrass, Anita Baker, Mtume, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston, Stephanie Mills, Kurtis Blow, Run-DMC, Whodini, Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, New Edition, The Fugees, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, LA & Babyface, Outkast, Usher, Kanye West -- for 30+ years of minimal, original music creation focused on promoting gang warfare, drug dealing, and sex work.

We had roughly 100 years of constantly creative, amazing, popular Black music expression: 1890 -1990.

It is over.

Last edited:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
True music heads saw this coming years ago, like the captain of the Titanic saw the iceberg on horizon.

Trade Fats Waller, Big Mama Thornton, Duke Ellington, Louis Jordan, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Little Richard, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Miles Davis, the Jackson Five, Chaka Khan, Donna Summer, Prince, Patrice Rushen, Roberta Flack, Earth, Wind & Fire, Parliament Funkadelic, Herbie Hancock, The Commodores, all of Motown, all of Stax, all of Philadelphia International, Bill Withers, Chic, Bob Marley, The Isley Brothers, Teddy Pendergrass, Anita Baker, Mtume, Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Whitney Houston, Stephanie Mills, Kurtis Blow, Run-DMC, Whodini, Public Enemy, Eric B & Rakim, New Edition, The Fugees, Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, LA & Babyface, Outkast, Usher, Kanye West -- for 30+ years of minimal, original music creation focused on promoting gang warfare, drug dealing, and sex work.

We had roughly 100 years of constantly creative, amazing, popular Black music expression: 1890 -1990.

It is over.

Aquemini came out in 1998 tho. I think we were able to keep running on fumes until around 2015. shyt even 2018. Last few years we been in the dark ages

concise

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like it's not just about new music being bad. It has to sound like some old shyt to have a shot. Not good. That's why Ander

Bruno Mars was about to be forgotten after making "Just the Way You Are" before he started pushing out retro sounding hits. AP's "Lockdown" should have been huge, but it gained no traction at all. :francis:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

It is over.

:mjcry:

Black folk fell for the "real nikka" paradigm and never recovered, creatively.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
New music has no replayability

Here today, gone tomorrow microwave music
honestly the biggest problem and i feel like it's partly the consumers to blame can't digest shyt always wanting the next hot thing but some of these artist are also at fault, always trying to flood the market with 5 projects in year like mfer slow down

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
honestly the biggest problem and i feel like it's partly the consumers to blame can't digest shyt always wanting the next hot thing but some of these artist are also at fault, always trying to flood the market with 5 projects in year like mfer slow down

Gucci Mane and Wayne, for example.

Dropping mixtape after mixtape, tens of thousands of songs that no one remembers.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Gucci Mane and Wayne, for example.

Dropping mixtape after mixtape, tens of thousands of songs that no one remembers.
nikka that shyt was ridiculous, they are the worst offenders. It got to a point i got TIRED of hearing these nikkas everywhere man :what:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
nikka that shyt was ridiculous, they are the worst offenders. It got to a point i got TIRED of hearing these nikkas everywhere man :what:

"B b b bu but If I take a 2 month rest, someone else will take my spot"

Its like they never heard of QUALITY control. :mindblown:

That how people like Nas can take 8 years of not dropping an album, and come back strong. Cause he has countless albums of classic material. These cats drop weak azz songs with forgettable verses and trap beats they use, is like a biker that is a grown person riding on training wheels!!!

Quality>>> Quantity. People need to understand the 70s, 80s, and 90s again.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aquemini came out in 1998 tho. I think we were able to keep running on fumes until around 2015. shyt even 2018. Last few years we been in the dark ages

The music didn't completely die after 1990, which is why I cited Outkast, The Fugees/Lauryn Hill, Usher, Kanye, etc.

However, the core, creative, soulful essence of Black Music began dying around 1990, and has been in decline ever since. That's why no new genres have emerged.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
:mjcry:

Black folk fell for the "real nikka" paradigm and never recovered, creatively.

Instead of focusing on music creativity, we swerved over to producing propaganda to promote gun play, drug dealing, gang banging, scamming, homicides, stripping and excessive sexual activity.

So now, the people are voting in big numbers by consuming majority pre-Real nikka music.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Instead of focusing on music creativity, we swerved over to producing propaganda to promote gun play, drug dealing, gang banging, scamming, homicides, stripping and excessive sexual activity.

So now, the people are voting in big numbers by consuming majority pre-Real nikka music.

Lyrical skill regressed to caveman pre-historic nonsense. Even the early 80s before Rakim and KRS, people were rapping more advanced than these autotune dudes.

Its like back in 1988, the NWA vs Public Enemy was a fight between 2 paradigms. One was the true evolution of Hip Hop and black music, and the other one was about engaging in media ignorance and making their audience complacent on never to change.

in 2022, even the young kids had enough. No one wants to buy and invest in these kids rapping about c00n shyt, in a non-existent quality. Lauryn Hill old music would dust these young dudes without trying.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
The music didn't completely die after 1990, which is why I cited Outkast, The Fugees/Lauryn Hill, Usher, Kanye, etc.

However, the core, creative, soulful essence of Black Music began dying around 1990, and has been in decline ever since. That's why no new genres have emerged.

Yeah, the crazy thing is that black folk ain't making new genres anymore. Our creativity got sapped by ignorance, and we use cheap protools to make shytty trap/Drill beats that people will call old in just 2 weeks. That is what happens when spirituality got completely cut off; you can't innovate.