A win for flabby set: Old music represent 70% of U.S music market

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Go deeper in this topic...

That whole tin sounding Swizz Beatz track, with a bunch of talk about absolutely nothing at all.

It’s funny he posted that song in particular because I hold nikkas like Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz very much responsible for removing the soul and funk aesthetic from hip hop and promoting that money over absolutely everything mentality in the culture.

Then after destroying the integrity of our culture (making it passé to rap about community upliftment, knowledge of self, black pride…what hip hop was built on) these fakkits turn around and want to get all “sophisticated” by promoting European art to poor black people, making them feel even worse subconsciously about their place in the world.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
I’m a old head but i just can’t listen to old shyt 24/7, I need new music to listen to

thankfully it’s some rappers out here that still make the type of music that I like :whew:

Last edited:

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
:unimpressed:
Iight i gotta interject with these shytty ass talking points

NEW MUSIC IS NOT GARBAGE

WE NOW HAVE ACCESS TO MILLIONS OF SONGS WITH THE PRESS OF A FINGER , WHEN BEFORE YOU HAD TO BUY THE DELIVERY DEVICE (CD, VINYL)
THERE WAS A LOT OF MUSIC RELEASED THAT PEOPLE DIDN’T GET THE CHANCE TO LISTEN TO. YOU HAD TO BE IN TO MUSIC, AND HAVE A WALLET DEEP ENOUGH. NOW THAT APPLE MUSIC & SPOTIFY EXIST, OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LISTEN TO MUSIC THAT THEY NEVER HEARD, OR MIGHT’VE HEARD IN PASSING, ETC ETC.

NEW MUSIC IS NOT BAD, WHAT THEY CHOOSE TO PUT OUT AND PROMOTE IS WHATS BAD

Old heads bruh i swear:snooze:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm not surprised. I watch reaction videos and if it isn't a new Durk, YB, Lil Baby, Kodak, or random street dude's song everyone is reacting to old music(or Eminem or BTS). It is funny to watch some of the jits have to adjust their ear because a song doesn't have a hard beat drop or it doesn't get you hype. One breh was listening to "No More Parties in LA" and said that he's not used to dudes rapping like that and it's hard to understand. Funny but kinda sad.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Lack of music education and musicianship make for trash producers and here we are...

These R&B and Hip Hop producers have to sample 90s pieces because they don't have the skills to play an instrument or common sense to even hire musicians to re-create the melodic sections of a piece to add to their song.

Singers suck, writers suck, no powerful female leads, no powerful male or female groups...

Just pill head emo, drank, thot bullshyt....

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
BE26303F-DE44-4ED1-9421-2FB7E6FC4CA1.jpg

Makes sense looking at my Spotify review last year

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Jessie D from the Force MDs just passed away at an age far too young (the only living original member is Stevie D).

Before they were the Force MDs, they were the Force MCs coming out of Staten Island. They could skillfully both sing and emcee and could merge the two effortlessly.

They changed from "MCs" to "MDs": MD stood for "Musical Diversity" which is what the culture USED to value.

Damn breh.

I only knew them from their RnB stuff and the closest rap song I heard from them itching for a scratch.

Interesting stuff

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Go deeper in this topic...

That whole tin sounding Swizz Beatz track, with a bunch of talk about absolutely nothing at all.

It’s funny he posted that song in particular because I hold nikkas like Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz very much responsible for removing the soul and funk aesthetic from hip hop and promoting that money over absolutely everything mentality in the culture.

Then after destroying the integrity of our culture (making it passé to rap about community upliftment, knowledge of self, black pride…what hip hop was built on) these fakkits turn around and want to get all “sophisticated” by promoting European art to poor black people, making them feel even worse subconsciously about their place in the world.

In my post where I said nikkas was bragging about making beats in 15 minutes, I was 100% talking EXACTLY about Swizz Beatz. 95% of his beats were trash and sounded like they were made in 15 minutes...yet he kept getting placements on top tier projects for about 15 years. This is not to say he doesn't have SOME bangers, but most of his shyt was default keyboard presets, he didn't even tweak the sound. I'd say his production alone is 10% of the reason that rap music sounds like garbage now.
  • Swizz Beatz, beats
  • Autotune
  • Home recording/Fruity Loops
  • Mixtapes, being able to rap over someone else's exact beat and resell it (freestyling is entirely different)
  • Drug/deviant/savage culture becoming mainstream

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Really puts a new context on all the stories about legendary artists selling their music rights for major money. Good for them.

At the same time the article notes that “new” music is defined as music that was released within the last 18 months. There is no breakdown or definition on the “old” music that is being streamed more. It could be two years old, three years, five…point being we can’t assume music from the 70s or 80s is doing the heavy lifting here, for instance.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because new music is soulless as fukk. Industry is basically dead and these bytch ass record labels killed it.

Billboard literally was phased out of relevancy in 2020 when the pandemic came.

Now it only exists as a dikk measuring contest for what the same 3 labels decide to invest in :mjlol:

This