A study about afro-dominican roots

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
mtdna

People in the Dominican Republic are considered to be genetically heterogeneous owing to the post-Colombian admixture of Native American, African, and European populations. To characterize their genetic background, nucleotide sequences of the D-loop region of human mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) were examined in 33 healthy women and 50 gender-matched patients with obese type 2 diabetes (OD) from the Dominican Republic. Phylogenetic analysis of 198 mtDNA lineages including Native Americans, Africans, and Europeans enabled us to assess relative genetic contributions of the three ancestral fractions to the two groups in the Dominican Republic. In the OD group, the majority (64.0%) of the mtDNA lineages were from African ancestry, whereas the Native American fraction was predominant (51.5%) in the healthy group, with both showing smallest amounts (14.0% and 9.1%, respectively) of European contribution. This difference in maternal genetic background between the two groups was similarly demonstrated by phylogenetic analysis at the population level based on net nucleotide diversities between populations. These findings may imply ethnic-specific predisposition to OD, a possible association of an unidentified factor from African ancestry with OD in the Dominican Republic population.
Journal of Human Genetics - Genetic background of people in the Dominican Republic with or without obese type 2 diabetes revealed by mitochondrial DNA polymorphism

15% of Dominicans has Taino genes not found anywhere else, according to research began in 2006 which also determined that another 15% conserve Euro-Asian genetic characteristics, whereas most of the Dominican population, 70%, has DNA of African origin.

“The study demonstrates that indigenous mitochondrial DNA exists in Dominican society today, that DNA is unique and those genetic variants exclusively Dominican must exist,” said research team leader Dr. Juan Carlos Martinez-Cruzado, head of the Biology Department of Puerto Rico University in Mayaguez.

Study finds Taino genes in 15% of Dominicans

And this in a country where mitochondrial-DNA evidence reveals, as the anthropologist Juan Rodríguez pointed out to me, that “85 percent of the residents … have African ancestry, 9.4 percent Indian and less than 0.08 percent European!
Dominicans in Denial

ydna
And on the father’s side, through Y-DNA, we now know that only 1 percent of us descend from an Indian male and 36 percent from an African male. Yet the average person here describes their race as indio.
Dominicans in Denial

overall
SANTO DOMINGO. The Dominican population owns 39% of DNA of European ancestry, 49% African and Pre-Columbian 4%, ie Tainos, confirming its complicated genetic ancestry and implies that the mulatto prevalent among Dominicans.

Thus establishes a study by the Dominican Academy of History, the National Geographic Society and the University of Pennsylvania, with the collaboration of the Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) research is part of the Genographic Project developped in 140 countries worldwide (The Genographic Project by National Geographic - Human Migration, Population Genetics).

"The investigation took saliva samples from the oral mucosa were taken at 1,000 Dominicans in 25 sample points, both rural and urban country, and in each 40 volunteers agreed to be taken their DNA samples," says one communication media of the Dominican Academy of History.

El dominicano tiene un 49% de ADN africano y un 39% europeo

However, significant population differences exist, with the Dominicans and Puerto Ricans showing the highest levels of African ancestry (41.8% and 23.6% African, SDs 16% and 12%), whereasMexicans and Ecuadorians show the lowest levels of African ancestry (5.6% and 7.3% African, SDs 2% and 5%) and the highest Native American ancestries (50.1% and 38.8% Native American, SDs 13% and 10%). We also found extensive variation in European, Native American and African ancestry among individuals within each population. A clear example could be observed in the Mexican sample, in which ancestry proportions ranged from predominantly Native American to predominantly European (with generally low levels of African ancestry). Similar results were found in Colombians and Ecuadorians, whereas Dominicans and Puerto Ricans showed the greatest variation in the African ancestry (Fig. 1).
http://www.pnas.org/content/107/Supplement_2/8954.full.pdf

DNATribes has admixture at 38 percent for Euro and African but is outdated from 2012
http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-admixture-2012-03-12.pdf

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
Wow see before you were making some sense and I had to research before replying, now u just lying or delusional.

You the type of kid that lives in a nice sheltered town with your parents. Only visits other nice parts of the country also with your parents. Believe all the bullshyt your president and the tourism board have told u as well.

10 cases of zika confirmed? :heh:

More likely to get robbed here than in DR? :heh:

Your dad working for the tourism board or someshyt?

Kids like u have a superiority complex with Dominicans that travel to nyc because we or our parents were poor and had to leave to get a better life. I get it. But u a sheltered little boy that has alot of growing up to do. Plenty book smart tho and your English is good so I'll applaud that but immature as fukk.

And I think it's been well established that I do not care whether random Internet strangers on the coli respect me or not. My family friends and colleagues do and that's all I need.

Whose respect do u honestly have? A snot nosed arrogant 20 year old kid who probably doesn't even go to the supermarket in town by himself?

:russ: payaso

Listen, you inbred campesino cousin-fukker, if you're gonna accuse me of "lying" try to be specific and point out exactly where I have done so. If you have any actual evidence that condradicts what I'm telling you here then go ahead and post it. I have proven your dumbass to be wrong every single time.

What makes you think I'm from a "sheltered town"? I grew up in the centre of Moca. You don't recognize the city I posted above? It actually has a higher crime rate than Santiago, so a p*ssy like you who's terrified of "joloperos" wouldn't make it in this town. There is definitely more violence and roberries in DR than in the US overall, I never claimed otherwise, but someone who lives in the Bronx shouldn't be talking about crime. I guess you must be afraid of leaving your filthy roach infested apartment since the Bronx is full of "joloperos" as well.

Also you should be more afraid of the Zika virus if you live in NYC, there are over 300 cases in this city. And why do you bring up the "tourism board", do you think people in the central Cibao region care about what tourists think? We don't cater to gringo tourists and we don't allow any hotel complexes to built here; also here's another fact, there are no beaches in the central Cibao region, you dummy. Our economy has absolutely no reliance on the tourism industry, so why should we lie about not having any zika cases here?

You keep proving over and over again that you don't know shyt about this country. It's like all your information is based on silly stereotypes. You're a fukking embarassement dude, honestly. You should learn something from the African posters in this forum; notice how when they speak of their homeland they're full of knowledge and they represent their country in a dignified and factual manner. Whereas your dumbass only knows how to reinforce dumb false perceptions about our country.

Being "sheltered" is not traveling to DR because of some irrational fear of "joloperos" and the Zika virus.lol I have nothing against Dominican-Americans in general, but I despise dumb motherfukkers in NYC like you who are completely ignorant about this country, yet want to "represent" abroad.

It's funny how you try to appease people in this forum by putting down your country, yet they constantly shyt on you. You're such a loser, man. I bet this is exactly the same way you behave in real life. Like a submissive beta p*ssy.lol You think your "family friends and colleagues" respect you but they're probably laugh at you and look down on you, but you're too socially retarded to notice.

Last edited:

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
Mindless copy and paste.

I wouldn't expect an unbiased scientific report from an article called "Dominicans in Denial". What's next, you're gonna post an article on African-American DNA called "we be egyptians and shyt" or "we be cherokee and creole". I notice you try to white-wash African-Americans in this forum and black-wash other populations, which is absolute hilarious considering how negroid the vast majority of African-Americans look.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't expect an unbiased scientific report from an article called "Dominicans in Denial". What's next, you're gonna post an article on African-American DNA called "we be egyptians and shyt" or "we be cherokee and creole". I notice you try to white-wash African-Americans in this forum and black-wash other populations, which is absolute hilarious considering how negroid the vast majority of African-Americans look.

shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut up piglet

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
Mentioning the strong negroid features of most AA's must have struck a nerve with the self-hating negro @Poitier. Check out the facts, you guys are not as mixed as we are. Stop being delusional.

JiQEPtJ%202_zps4yk6cncq.jpg~original

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
who said this you self hating c00n:mjlol:

You throw a hissy fit any time people mention that you guys look like African continentals, which is true. You're not a visibly mixed population. The vast majority of AAs could fit in most parts of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You throw a hissy fit any time people mention that you guys look like African continentals, which is true. You're not a visibly mixed population. The vast majority of AAs could fit in most parts of Sub-Saharan Africa.

and you know this from the boonies of DR:dead:

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
This is what the majority of African-Americans look like. They be cherokee and shyt, yo.

121105105838-african-americans-in-south-celebrate-obama-s-historic-win-story-top.jpg

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I know this based on my interactions with self-hating AAs on the internet like you, who pretend to be pro-black yet hate their negroid phenotypes.

Spain will never claim you you piss colored mutt:umad: