A study about afro-dominican roots

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
We also have some mestizo/castizo phenotypes in the Central mountanous region of DR, mainly in San Francisco de Macoris, Constanza, Jarabacoa, Moca, and surrounding areas. Show me an African-American with this much visible Native admixture.

DSC_9027_zpsjavsffwc.jpg

4565706439_d545702e82_o_zpsdaqsvxot.jpg

DSC_01994_zps279e871f.jpg

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You have to love when idiots post stiudies they didn't read

1. The study lists AAs and Afro Dominicans coming primarily from 7 tribes so no there isn't "greater diversity in their African admixture" :heh:
2. The study sampled 350 AAs and only 91 Dominicans meaning one is way closer than the true mean than the other :dead:
3. The study actually goes in line with the whole "AA are 20% European and some are as low as 29%) :pachaha:

4. There is no operational definition given for what constitutes African American on his site....African and Island Caribbean immigrants may have been sampled :ld:
5. The guy admits on his site that none of the groupings are representative of the greater population, for example he admits that the Dominican sample is largely from the Whiter area of Cibao :skip:

Diaspora Comparison

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You would probably get your black-ass lynched in my town if you tried something like that. In the Cibao region we have more respect for our women unlike the cocolos.

More Dominicans die at the hands of us daily in the States and not a hand is laid on us when we visit your Island :mjlol:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They're not, and that's precisily the reason why the vast majority of AAs can easily fit in SSA countries.
Once AGAIN are we acting like Sub Sahara Africa is a monothlithic ethnicty? WHICH Sub Saharan country are you referring to?? A

This one?
14c8kfb.jpg

This one?
somali-montage.jpg

Or this one?
nigerian-culture-1.jpg

See what I did here?

There is a great deal of diversity in tribes and phenotypes within SSA countries, so the vast majority of African-American can easily fit in.

You should have just said this to make things clearer... But again WHICH Sub Saharan African country? Because AAs are also admixed with different African groups from Senegal all the way down to Angola.

Outside of some extreme outliers AAs don't really look mixed at all. And most of the "light-skin" AAs are actually half white American like Alicia Keys for example.
First off who here is saying African-Americans look mixed??? I don't remember ANYONE saying such thing. Also it depends on how we define "mixed." Do I personally think the majority AAs are mixed like Alicia Keys? No, I personally do not think so. No one here is saying the majority of AAs are mixed like Alicia Keys. Second light skin AAs are not solely due to being biracial, either way all light skin and biracial African-Americans represent the AA diversity since being African-American is an ethnicity...

Also, can you prove AAs have more phenotypic diversity than Dominicans, not only are we more admixed then you guys but Afro-Dominicans also have greater diversity in their African admixtures.
2j4rpc3.jpg

Okay and? Ancestry.com is just ONE internet private DNA company and its findings not peer-reviwed.

More importantly the results you posted don't show us which city or state samples are used or is it all over the place. African admixture in AAs varies from state to state. Maryland seems to have AAs that mostly have Nigerian Igbo ancestry, AAs from Mississippi seem to have more Congolese ancestry while AAs from the Carolinas AAs seem to have more Senegalese. Only on a regional or individual level would you find more African diversity in ancestry in AAs. Which goes into my third point that you keep forgetting that AAs who are a population of 40+ million compared to a population of 10+ million people will have won't SEEM to show much "diversity" in these results? Why because again "numbers." For example in your results it states only 1% of African-Americans have Senegalese ancestry.

Well, we know that blacks from the Carolinas have large Senegambian ancestry.

Y Chromosome Lineages in Men of West African Descent
Principal component and admixture analyses provide support for significant Grain Coast ancestry among African American men in South Carolina. AA men from DC and the Caribbean showed a closer affinity to populations from the Bight of Biafra.
Y Chromosome Lineages in Men of West African Descent

However 1,290,684(South Carolina blacks) out of 46,282,080(According to 2015 US census Bureau) is obviously going to make the Senegalese result SEEM small. But again on an individual or regional level AAs would show would more Senegalese results and more African diversity. If you've been following me carefully, what I am essentially saying is that you're results don't mean sh*t to what I was saying. :wink:

AAs can vary from these...
african-american250-70.jpg

african_american_family2011-wide-big.jpg

Screenshot_2016-04-06-10-31-08.jpg

AAAS_BannerImage_01.jpg

We see a variation in skin color and thats not even all. Lets not act like a good number of AA families shows this diversity.

And again I'm speaking "ethnicity" wise, so don't twist my stance. :wink:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And again, compared to Dominicans AAs are basically a homogeneous group phenotypically speaking. There is too much RACIAL and physical diversity in DR among different regions. Can you show me pictures of AAs that look like this?

La-Salle-035-620x350_zpswvrhma6i.jpg~original

140_zpsbdxbxj8e.jpg~original

14_zpshqsxythz.jpg

14%202_zpse4hzn14r.jpg

Sure...:wink:
wedWE8t.jpg

MNEohDZ.jpg

John Hope (1868-1936)

Prominent educator and college president John Hope was born on August 2, 1868 in Augusta, Georgia to a bi-racial couple. His father, James Hope, was a Scottish immigrant and his mother, Mary Frances Butts, was a black woman, who had been free prior to the Emancipation Proclamation. The couple lived together as husband and wife, although interracial marriage was prohibited by Georgia law. John Hope himself was very pale and could have passed as white, but stayed true to his black ancestry and dedicated his life to the advancement of African Americans, particularly through the means of higher education.

tep9Cnr.jpg

Often, researchers at Shorefront ask the question, “What was going on at this time?” when they come across incidents relating to their research topics. Sometimes, we fall into the trap of applying today’s thoughts to yesterday’s events that can lead to a misinterpretation of a past event. However, there are times when you come across a pivotal action that shaped the racial and social discourse across the nation. For today, a past event can have one reflect if discussions have changed or continue unchanged.

Janice Kingslow was one of several who, during the 1950s, sparked conversations in blending in, or not, in greater society. Janice, a well-known actress with a deal of a lifetime in front of her, chose a different path to maintain her identity.

Born in West Virginia to Harry E. and Virginia E. Warren Kingslow, the family moved to Evanston when she was just an infant. Her early years there led her involvement in St. Andrews Church and attended school at Dewey Elementary, Nichols Junior High School and Evanston Township High School. Her family moved to Chicago’s Hyde Park where she finished at Hyde Park High School around 1941.

What good was fame or money if I lost myself?

Janice’s career in acting began early performing as a puppeteer in various schools and other venues. Her big break took place in 1946 when she became understudy for Hilda Sims in the play “Anna Lucasta”, a role in which she eventually took over.

From there, she went on to perform in the Peabody Award winning radio series, Destination Freedom as well as Here Comes Tomorrow and Democracy USA radio series (1948-52). Janice was also one of the founders of the Chicago DuBois Theater Guild (1948).

However, when she was presented a Hollywood contract that would launch her career to new heights, there was a clause. In an article Janice penned, “I Refuse to Pass” that appeared in the May 1950 issue of Negro Digest, she wrote:

“What good was fame or money if I lost myself? This wasn’t just a question of choosing a pleasant-sounding false name to fit on the theatre marquee. This meant stripping my life clear of everything I was. Everything that had happened to me.”

In the contract, Janice was asked to change her name and take on a white identity.

In a conversation with newspaper editor, Melvin Smith, in the Evanston Newsette, she relayed a story to him while she was on a bus traveling home from Michigan. A “young white fellow” sat next to here and struck up a pleasant conversation. After a while he began to ask about her national origin. After going through a long list, he asked:

“You. . . you. . . you aren’t. . . a Jewess?”, [Janice laughed] ‘Then the thought that had least entered his mind came forth’ “Why, you’re a n___r!” He declared.’”

“’I am a Negro,’ Janice corrected soberly.”

Janice’s stance in her identity was an important part of her life
. It leaves one to wonder what and who were her influences. Was it her parent’s influence? Her involvement in St. Andrews Church in Evanston – like many churches, known for instilling history and pride? Was it her self-determination? It leaves one to ponder the influences and historic implications.

Race, culture and identity had, for decades, been a hot topic of discussion. Yet, at the cusp of the 1960s civil rights movement, here was a young woman who chose to make a public statement than to sell her identity for financial gain. A choice she made during a time where many people of color, let alone one who could “pass”, faced career ending choices that played a part in changing the face of American history.

Remember we're talking ethnicity... And can YOU prove that the images you posted represents the average Dominican phenotype?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You have to love when idiots post stiudies they didn't read

1. The study lists AAs and Afro Dominicans coming primarily from 7 tribes so no there isn't "greater diversity in their African admixture" :heh:
2. The study sampled 350 AAs and only 91 Dominicans meaning one is way closer than the true mean than the other :dead:
3. The study actually goes in line with the whole "AA are 20% European and some are as low as 29%) :pachaha:

4. There is no operational definition given for what constitutes African American on his site....African and Island Caribbean immigrants may have been sampled :ld:
5. The guy admits on his site that none of the groupings are representative of the greater population, for example he admits that the Dominican sample is largely from the Whiter area of Cibao :skip:

Diaspora Comparison

:dead::dead::dead:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I never seen somebody so good at sounding smart and ignorant at the same time and this thread has 2. @Caudillo and @Poitier both accomplished this feat.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@KidStranglehold whose alias was that? Dude only had one post when he got here but he had way too much to say about @beanz and @Poitier.
Like @beanz said he was definitely on here before. I went against him before on here in another thread(where he got banned) and even on Nairaland. I know because this guys arguments are so repetitive that he is easy to spot. He basically just wants to white wash Dominicans due to insecurity as you can see in this thread with his cherrypicking of extremely white Dominicans.

NATU

Dios Patria y Libertad
Daps
Reppin
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pardon me but I'm from new york city so the only town in the cibao I will actually call a city is Santiago. It's the only one that even comes close to a million ppl. After that the rest barely add up to a million. Having 4 of the biggest cities in DR isn't saying much when u gotta add them all up to even come close to Santo domingo.

And I associated the cibao as being more rural because the cibao is known for having the most fertile land so obviously it's gonna be where most farming is done. Yea my fam is from the backwoods but I'm proud to be a campesino so fukk u chamaquito.

You are precisely the kind of uppity little racist c00n fakkit that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yea i was raised in nyc so I'm not an expert on DR, but I know plenty for somebody who doesn't spend much time there. I'm not arrogant about what I do know so when I'm wrong I'll admit I'm wrong :manny:.

I hope some joloperos come see u soon. Some zika would do u good too.
I live and am raised here in DR and i agree with you. This loser is giving all of us a bad name. When people see little fakkits like him, they think every dominican acts and thinks like he does.

NATU

Dios Patria y Libertad
Daps
Reppin
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Poitier has a dikk in his mouth again?? Nothing new!!

Also, the easiest women in DR are haitian and the cheapest prostitutes in DR are also haitian, so a haitian is in no position to say that dominican women are ho's, because haitian women in DR would get gangbanged by 10 guys for a sandwich, if not for free.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Poitier has a dikk in his mouth again?? Nothing new!!

Also, the easiest women in DR are haitian and the cheapest prostitutes in DR are also haitian, so a haitian is in no position to say that dominican women are ho's, because haitian women in DR would get gangbanged by 10 guys for a sandwich, if not for free.
:jbhmm:i don't think tourists go to DR for haitian girls mi brehero