A study about afro-dominican roots

Caudillo

Banned
Daps

You have anything to add here?

Here's my whole post for context:
You're always wrong. You have less knowledge of this country than the average gringo tourist lazying around in Punta Cana. Just stop trying to "rep" DR, you're not from here, dude. You're some bum from the Bronx, and your family comes from a very isolated backwoods area, which is why you associate the Cibao region with a rural lifestyle. You thought Santiago was the only city in here, even though this is the most urbanized part of the country. The Cibao region is highly developed and our European influence and historic wealth is reflected in our culture, people, wealth, and the built environment and architecture of our towns and cities.

These photos are of my hometown. This is one of the smaller cities in the Cibao region.

6663834145_1932643a74_b.jpg

1b7d914b-0ca1-4b38-afbb-c1429d6092b9.png

8298033881_e0191f5158_b.jpg

OYM-.jpg

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You're always wrong. You have less knowledge of this country than the average gringo tourist lazying around in Punta Cana. Just stop trying to "rep" DR, you're not from here, dude. You're some bum from the Bronx, and your family comes from a very isolated backwoods area, which is why you associate the Cibao region with a rural lifestyle. You thought Santiago was the only city in here, even though this is the most urbanized part of the country. The Cibao region is highly developed and our European influence and historic wealth is reflected in our culture, people, wealth, and the built environment and architecture of our towns and cities.

These photos are of my hometown. This is one of the smaller cities in the Cibao region.

6663834145_1932643a74_b.jpg

1b7d914b-0ca1-4b38-afbb-c1429d6092b9.png

8298033881_e0191f5158_b.jpg

OYM-.jpg

Pardon me but I'm from new york city so the only town in the cibao I will actually call a city is Santiago. It's the only one that even comes close to a million ppl. After that the rest barely add up to a million. Having 4 of the biggest cities in DR isn't saying much when u gotta add them all up to even come close to Santo domingo.

And I associated the cibao as being more rural because the cibao is known for having the most fertile land so obviously it's gonna be where most farming is done. Yea my fam is from the backwoods but I'm proud to be a campesino so fukk u chamaquito.

You are precisely the kind of uppity little racist c00n fakkit that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yea i was raised in nyc so I'm not an expert on DR, but I know plenty for somebody who doesn't spend much time there. I'm not arrogant about what I do know so when I'm wrong I'll admit I'm wrong :manny:.

I hope some joloperos come see u soon. Some zika would do u good too.

Last edited:

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
Pardon me but I'm from new york city so the only town in the cibao I will actually call a city is Santiago. It's the only one that even comes close to a million ppl. After that the rest barely add up to a million. Having 4 of the biggest cities in DR isn't saying much when u gotta add them all up to even come close to Santo domingo

So using your dumb logic Venice in Italy is not an actual city because it has only a quarter of a million people? I figured you're too stupid to know the difference between a city and a metropolitan area. Santo Domingo city proper has actually less than a million people, so it's not a real city either by your retarded logic. Anyway, it seems like you and that autistic fakkit @Mook where trying to argue that the Cibao region was rural in relation to the rest of the country, when the complete opposite is true.

And I associated the cibao as being more rural because the cibao is known for having the most fertile land so obviously it's gonna be where most farming is done. Yea my fam is from the backwoods but I'm proud to be a campesino so fukk u chamaquito.

You associate the Cibao region with rural living because that's all you know. You have a naturally myopic brain and lack curiosity, thus you have a limited view of the world. When you're in the US you hoodbillies rarely venture out of the front porch of your ghettoes in Washington Heights or the Bronx, similarly when you come back to DR you don't explore the country. You just stay in your villages where your campesino families live.

You don't have to travel much to realize the Cibao region is a very urban and bustling place full of strong economic activity. The whole central region is full of densely built-up towns in perfect harmony with the landscape, providing ample room for farmland and forests; that's called smart urban-planning. We don't have a bunch of sprawling slums like in the Santo Domingo metro area.

You are precisely the kind of uppity little racist c00n fakkit that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yea i was raised in nyc so I'm not an expert on DR, but I know plenty for somebody who doesn't spend much time there. I'm not arrogant about what I do know so when I'm wrong I'll admit I'm wrong :manny:.

Nobody respects you in this forum, bro.lol These people where shytting on your thread in the first pages. Maybe your p*ssy beta submissive bytch-made attitude is what truly gives YOU a bad name in this forum. Don't say "us", as we have nothing in common. I don't represent you or your people in the diaspora. I speak as a Dominican born, raised, and educated in the island. I'm not an economic refugee as you are.

I hope some joloperos come see u soon. Some zika would do u good too.

If you're afraid of "joloperos" you shouldn't leave your dirty apartment, there's just as much crime in the Bronx as there is in Santiago. Also there's more Zika in New York City than in DR. I think only 10 cases have been reported in the DR, mostly in some poor villages and along the border. There are none reported in the Cibao region.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So using your dumb logic Venice in Italy is not an actual city because it has only a quarter of a million people? I figured you're too stupid to know the difference between a city and a metropolitan area. Santo Domingo city proper has actually less than a million people, so it's not a real city either by your retarded logic. Anyway, it seems like you and that autistic fakkit @Mook where trying to argue that the Cibao region was rural in relation to the rest of the country, when the complete opposite is true.

You associate the Cibao region with rural living because that's all you know. You have a naturally myopic brain and lack curiosity, thus you have a limited view of the world. When you're in the US you hoodbillies rarely venture out of the front porch of your ghettoes in Washington Heights or the Bronx, similarly when you come back to DR you don't explore the country. You just stay in your villages where your campesino families live.

You don't have to travel much to realize the Cibao region is a very urban and bustling place full of strong economic activity. The whole central region is full of densely built-up towns in perfect harmony with the landscape, providing ample room for farmland and forests; that's called smart urban-planning. We don't have a bunch of sprawling slums like in the Santo Domingo metro area.

Nobody respects you in this forum, bro.lol These people where shytting on your thread in the first pages. Maybe your p*ssy beta submissive bytch-made attitude is what truly gives YOU a bad name in this forum. Don't say "us", as we have nothing in common. I don't represent you or your people in the diaspora. I speak as a Dominican born, raised, and educated in the island. I'm not an economic refugee as you are.

If you're afraid of "joloperos" you shouldn't leave your dirty apartment, there's just as much crime in the Bronx as there is in Santiago. Also there's more Zika in New York City than in DR. I think only 10 cases have been reported in the DR, mostly in some poor villages and along the border. There are none reported in the Cibao region.

Wow see before you were making some sense and I had to research before replying, now u just lying or delusional.

You the type of kid that lives in a nice sheltered town with your parents. Only visits other nice parts of the country also with your parents. Believe all the bullshyt your president and the tourism board have told u as well.

10 cases of zika confirmed? :heh:

More likely to get robbed here than in DR? :heh:

Your dad working for the tourism board or someshyt?

Kids like u have a superiority complex with Dominicans that travel to nyc because we or our parents were poor and had to leave to get a better life. I get it. But u a sheltered little boy that has alot of growing up to do. Plenty book smart tho and your English is good so I'll applaud that but immature as fukk.

And I think it's been well established that I do not care whether random Internet strangers on the coli respect me or not. My family friends and colleagues do and that's all I need.

Whose respect do u honestly have? A snot nosed arrogant 20 year old kid who probably doesn't even go to the supermarket in town by himself?

:russ: payaso

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if CVers are the same

I can't tell tbh; I've heard stories of colorism being rampant there. I've seen some millitants, though.

And the miscegenation is kinda overstated, depending on the island the people are just African. I think it's only Brava and Fogo where people are like damn near 60% European, it's one of those two islands where basically everybody descends from the same French cac.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I can't tell tbh; I've heard stories of colorism being rampant there. I've seen some millitants, though.

And the miscegenation is kinda overstated, depending on the island the people are just African. I think it's only Brava and Fogo where people are like damn near 60% European, it's one of those two islands where basically everybody descends from the same French cac.
Hmm I thought CV was mostly mulattos with more African than Euro ancestry while DR was mostly mulattos with more Euro ancestry

I only know one CV family and they are mulattos/admixed

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No no no

The DNA studies I've seen seem to indicate that DR has more African ancestry but more European admixture. Meaning the people who have European ancestry tend to be very white.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm I thought CV was mostly mulattos with more African than Euro ancestry while DR was mostly mulattos with more Euro ancestry

I only know one CV family and they are mulattos/admixed

Yeah, on average they're more African. The settling process was a little different from island to island so the genetics are gonna vary.

IIRC, most CV's in the U.S. descend from the two islands I mentioned, so they're gonna look lighter. I think these are the main ones you see talking about they're not Black and they need a separate category on the census or whatever.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No no no

The DNA studies I've seen seem to indicate that DR has more African ancestry but more European admixture. Meaning the people who have European ancestry tend to be very white.
Post that one :ehh:are there any that compare CV and DR?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No no no

I don't care if certain Dominicans don't want to identify as black and I understand. But one thing they can not deny is that they out of any Hispanic group as the most African ancestry/admixture. Fact.