A study about afro-dominican roots

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Dominican supremacists :scust:no once cares if you re white b

Dude is like 18. I remember I used to go at it with him before all the time cause he had the same exact snotty arrogant racist attitude I try to prove we don't all have. Then I realized he was a little kid cause we were on some other forum where they discuss dna and genetics and he posted my pic so dudes could guess what I was. That forum had ages in the profile tho that's how I found out.

Just a little rich brat b fukk him.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
What Taino words do Dominicans use?
Not so much words but A LOT of Dominican towns are originally Taino words.

Kind of how when you out to Long Island, you'll see lots of towns like Copiague and Massapequa and Patchogue, etc.

While there may not be a lot of Taino blood in our people, the influence is there. Obviously not greater than African influence, but it's still very present in our culture.

@beanz how did you get the AncestryDNA thing done? I know you're in NYC but I heard it's not allowed because of some laws and stuff. Please let me know i've been dying to do one of these.

Last edited:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
What is the Cibao? Is that a whiter part of DR?

In simple terms, yes but that's not saying much. It's whiter than many other areas because it was originally the capital of DR (before the capital was moved to Santo Domingo) but it's as black as the rest of the country, if that makes any sense. It's a very mountainous region and encompasses a big chunk of the northern part of the country.
Hick part. Like the boondocks.
:childplease:

No it's not. It has campos like literally every other region in the country but it's not the boondocks by any means. You can't even infer that because of how vast and diverse it is. That's like saying NY is the boondocks because of the solitary towns upstate. Do you have any idea how massive the Cibao is?

The only people who refer to the Cibao as hicks are siddity people from the south with superiority complexes.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Not so much words but A LOT of Dominican towns are originally Taino words.

Kind of how when you out to Long Island, you'll see lots of towns like Copiague and Massapequa and Patchogue, etc.

While there may not be a lot of Taino blood in our people, the influence is there. Obviously not greater than African influence, but it's still very present in our culture.

@beanz how did you get the AncestryDNA thing done? I know you're in NYC but I heard it's not allowed because of some laws and stuff. Please let me know i've been dying to do one of these.

I did it on ancestrydna but I did it right before it was banned here.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
give me a list of things to do/places to visit in dr carino:smile:
What are you looking to do? Are you going for history? Are you going for beaches? How long are you staying? It depends. The bad (and good) thing is that there is history everywhere and it's always a fairly long drive to get to different regions. It's not like most other Caribbean countries where you can just drive from end to end in an hour or two.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What are you looking to do? Are you going for history? Are you going for beaches? How long are you staying? It depends. The bad (and good) thing is that there is history everywhere and it's always a fairly long drive to get to different regions. It's not like most other Caribbean countries where you can just drive from end to end in an hour or two.

8 days...maybe a day on a beach, 2 days in Haiti, and i'll be mostly around the capital but don't mind trekking :yeshrug:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
8 days...maybe a day on a beach, 2 days in Haiti, and i'll be mostly around the capital but don't mind trekking :yeshrug:

Ok so I'm guessing you're probably staying in Punta Cana? I'll be honest, I'm not well versed on the little nooks and crannies of the Capital (I am from the North, specifically Santiago De Los Caballeros) but you should go to Mirabal Sisters Museum in Salcedo. I'm sure you know about them. About 2-3 hours from the Capital.

84409819.jpg

El Monumento de Santiago. About 3-4 hours from the Capital. It was built by Trujillo as a monument for the independence of DR from Haiti. After his death, it was dedicated to the Dominican leaders who fought against Spain for freedom. It overlooks Santiago city and yes, you can go to the top (of course, if it's open that day). In the daytime, wonderful tourist-y spot. Learn history, ride a horse-drawn carriage, have lunch at one of the 1000 restaurants across the street or buy street food.

In the night tho :scheme: get wasted, debauchery, loud music, motorcycle/car racing, find good weed, cars crowding the street blasting music with their loudest speakers, loads of bars/clubs. Nightlife :blessed:

The thing about this area of DR is that there are A LOT of little museums if you walk around. Especially in la Calle Del Sol which is like main street. Bunch of shops, museums, general information kiosks, etc.

My cousin's mother is from the South/Capital area. I can ask her the best tourist-y museum places there aside from La Zona Colonial which is the most obvious. I'll get back to you.

Last edited:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
I'm not sex tourism....I got a compound in Santo Domingo:whoa: thanks for the post:leon:
Also, I know the Caribbean is known for their beaches but I promise, the rivers >>>>>

I am not a fan of salt water and rivers are very common all around the country, but Jarabacoa has the most stunning rivers in the whole country.

The area is probably like 10+ degrees cooler than the rest of the country because it is higher up in the mountains but it is so beautiful! The waterfalls, clear water rivers, horseback riding, the flora! Ugh it's stunning. It is much quieter than the main tourist cities but it is still a lot of fun. White water rafting, cliff diving, etc. I know there are many small hotels and more developing as of late because they are finally monetizing the beauty of the area (in a good way). In the future, I would recommend you stay here if you want a change of scenery from the usual white sand beaches.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Also, I know the Caribbean is known for their beaches but I promise, the rivers >>>>>

I am not a fan of salt water and rivers are very common all around the country, but Jarabacoa has the most stunning rivers in the whole country.

The area is probably like 10+ degrees cooler than the rest of the country because it is higher up in the mountains but it is so beautiful! The waterfalls, clear water rivers, horseback riding, the flora! Ugh it's stunning. It is much quieter than the main tourist cities but it is still a lot of fun. White water rafting, cliff diving, etc. I know there are many small hotels and more developing as of late because they are finally monetizing the beauty of the area (in a good way). In the future, I would recommend you stay here if you want a change of scenery from the usual white sand beaches.

thank you :wow:

Caudillo

Banned
Daps
I'll admit I'm wrong tho most light skinned Dominicans do come from the cibao :manny: like me for example.

fukk u anyway.

You're always wrong. You have less knowledge of this country than the average gringo tourist lazying around in Punta Cana. Just stop trying to "rep" DR, you're not from here, dude. You're some bum from the Bronx, and your family comes from a very isolated backwoods area, which is why you associate the Cibao region with a rural lifestyle. You thought Santiago was the only city in here, even though this is the most urbanized part of the country. The Cibao region is highly developed and our European influence and historic wealth is reflected in our culture, people, wealth, and the built environment and architecture of our towns and cities.

These photos are of my hometown. This is one of the smaller cities in the Cibao region.

6663834145_1932643a74_b.jpg

1b7d914b-0ca1-4b38-afbb-c1429d6092b9.png

8298033881_e0191f5158_b.jpg

OYM-.jpg