A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
D and E? What's that?
Dunk and Egg.

Tales of Dunk and Egg is a series of fantasy novellas by George R. R. Martin, set in the world of his A Song of Ice and Fire novels. They follow the adventures of "Dunk" (the future commander of the Kingsguard, Ser Duncan the Tall) and "Egg" (the future king Aegon V Targaryen), some 90 years before the events of the novels.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes I legit wish I had never picked up the first book :shaq2:
If I was solely a show watcher I would be so content knowing I got answers coming in a few months as opposed to fukking years. I feel sorry for those who's tarted way back when the 1st book dropped. I couldn't take the wait.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If I was solely a show watcher I would be so content knowing I got answers coming in a few months as opposed to fukking years. I feel sorry for those who's tarted way back when the 1st book dropped. I couldn't take the wait.
The show got me into the books and I sooo prefer the books to the show now. At least the long wait allowed me to catch up before WoW dropped. Salute to those down from the beginning, I feel gipped due to the long wait and I just started. I can't even imagine how it is for them.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I love both so it's not so bad for me. The books are more immersive obviously so I would hate not to get that experience 2 more times.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
GOT (1996)
COK (1998)
SOS (2000)
FFC (2005)
DWD(2011)

A 2 year gap from GOT to COK, then another 2 year gap from COK to SOS. Then a 5 year gap after the classic Storm of Swords. 6 year gap from FFC to DWD.

Let's say Winds of Winter drops in 2018, Martin will be 69 or 70. I expect the gap between book 6 & 7 will get longer because why wouldn't it.....this dude aint gonna make it man :sadcam:

That HBO coin will keep pouring in and he's gonna have all the lamprey pie and lemoncakes money can buy with no thought of finishing a 1000 page book for the sake of complete strangers :sadcam:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think winds will get done but not ados, people will be analyzing clues and bits of foreshadowing forever wondering what the end held for their favorite characters.

That said, I hope he's right about getting it out this year. He's already been wrong multiple times so hopefully he's made enough progress to where this time he can actually finish. Like damn, he already had hundreds of pages left over from ADWD including the battle of ice, let the people eat. If he was comfortable ending ADWD with that many cliff hangers surely he can have Winds end a little sooner then he intended for the sake of getting it out.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Time for everyone to get on the kingkiller wave if you're not already

Fat nerdy bearded overly verbose fantasy writer who takes too long to finish a series and would apparently rather blog and play board games

But he's only 43 :blessed: and the Hamilton guy is his partner for the movie, tv show, and stage adaptation :dwillhuh: so we might actually see this happen