A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC
New update:

Not done yet, but I've made progress. But not as much as I hoped a year ago, when I thought to be done by now.

I think it will be out this year. (But hey, I thought the same thing last year).

Doom, Despair, Defeat

This guy :stopitslime:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
New update:

Not done yet, but I've made progress. But not as much as I hoped a year ago, when I thought to be done by now.

I think it will be out this year. (But hey, I thought the same thing last year).

Doom, Despair, Defeat

This guy :stopitslime:
:mjlol:

:mjcry:

AaGq3yp.gif

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

jon & arya :beli:

:sas1:
There is fanfiction for that

It's hard to remember after all the death and destruction, but at the very beginning of Game of Thrones, life in Winterfell was idyllic for the Stark family. Everyone Has a Summer looks back fondly on those halcyon days. And then adds some incest, because you can't masturbate to cherished family memories.

Our story begins with Jon Snow sneaking off to a forest pond to polish the ol' sword, so go ahead and take a few minutes to imagine Kit Harrington masturbating.

283167_v1.jpg
Wonderland Magazine Last name's "Snow." Everyone is always talking about "winter coming." White stuff. There's a joke here. I'll come back to it.

But before Jon can finish scaling the wall, Arya interrupts him. She wants to join him for a swim, oblivious to the meaning of his sausage wrangling. But just when Jon thinks he'll avoid an awkward moment, out come the questions.

"I always see you by the pool, or in the pool, with it big on your hand." "When I saw you today, I wanted to ask you what's so fun in shaking your thing like that. It looks so silly to me. You are always making funny noises when you do it.

283169_v1.jpg
HBO "You know nothing, Arya Stark."

This may sound like a couple of kids playing doctor, but keep in mind that Jon is a teenager, while Arya is, depending on whether your source is the show or the books, either too damn young or way too damn young to be getting the crows and the bees talk from her older brother. At least we aren't the only ones who realize that:

"Besides," she said, "you're not a boy. You're my brother."

She had said [that] as if being brother and sister made everything normal, instead of horrendous. It made him wonder if she even understood what they had done at the pool. He didn't know what was worse -- if she did understand, but was unfazed by their blood ties, or if she did not understand, but was lead on by his malicious subterfuge.

Faced with the knowledge that what he's doing is wrong, Jon heroically fingers his sister. Their "experiments" get more and more explicit, and finally they go all the way before they part ways.

283173_v1.jpg
HBO It's crazy that this isn't even close to the worst thing to happen to the Stark kids.

Now, I know you're thinking that this is just another half-sibling statutory rape incest fic, the kind you've read dozens of. But it's not pure smut -- the author is invested in this relationship, and she wants us to be, too. The love between Jon Snow and his half-sister half his age is beautiful, and if seeing them forced to leave each other's arms doesn't make you tear up, you might be dead inside.

He hoped Needle made Arya know he would always love her. Skinny, scabbed-knees, tangled hair, smart, quick-witted, beautiful Arya -- everything he would ever want.

The memory of her laughter, of her love, warmed him more than his furs on the way North.

This is truly a touching story of a girl who comes of age when she stumbles across her brother jerking off and demands that he touch her junk. You know, just like so many girls do.

283175_v1.jpg

5 Shockingly Insane 'Game of Thrones' Fanfiction Sex Scenes

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
If he is still fukking about with the knot, he should just say fukk it, let the bad guys take Mereen and tyrion and Danny scape with some unsulied and Dothrakki, next chapter have a couple of months time jump, Danny is in westeros, burns Aegon alive, take his Army and the story can finally move the fukk on.

Interesting you bring up the Knot, as it’s wholly been the cause of the last 17 years of waiting. After ADWD he finally spoke about what factors caused it and how he got through it, and he basically writes 2-3 different scenarios for every event he wants to happen (in regards to what time they happen) and sees how that affects the timeline over everyone else, which just sounds exhausting.

But now, I’d guess the major issue is combining everything back into one book again, and with how slow the plot moved in 4 and 5, how on earth 6 leaves us only one book away from a conclusion.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
"As for me, I am getting back to work. There's good news on that front too -- A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is half-done!!!" GRRM 2005

"I have half a dozen different projects on my plate, but the big one is A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, and I am going to be pushing hard on that in the weeks and months to come, in hopes of wrapping it up by the end of the year." - GRRM 2006

"I am not a big believer in New Year resolutions, but I do have some goals for 2008, both personal and professional, and the most urgent of those remains A DANCE WITH DRAGONS." GRRM - 2007

"If I can deliver the book before the end of June, you'll see these in your favorite bookstore sometime this fall." - GRRM 2008

"I am trying to finish the book by June. I think I can do that. If I do, A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will likely be published in September or October." - GRRM Feb 2009

"It is going pretty well actually, I am hoping to finish it by September or October that is my goal." - GRRM July 2009

"We're hoping to have a finished manuscript by Christmas. He's told me he has five chapters left and bits of each chapter are done. He really wants it done by the end of the year. We really -- I mean really -- want to announce the pub date in January." - Anne Groel October 2010

APRIL 27, 2011 - A Dance of Dragons finished

:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
"As for me, I am getting back to work. There's good news on that front too -- A DANCE WITH DRAGONS is half-done!!!" GRRM 2005

"I have half a dozen different projects on my plate, but the big one is A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, and I am going to be pushing hard on that in the weeks and months to come, in hopes of wrapping it up by the end of the year." - GRRM 2006

"I am not a big believer in New Year resolutions, but I do have some goals for 2008, both personal and professional, and the most urgent of those remains A DANCE WITH DRAGONS." GRRM - 2007

"If I can deliver the book before the end of June, you'll see these in your favorite bookstore sometime this fall." - GRRM 2008

"I am trying to finish the book by June. I think I can do that. If I do, A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will likely be published in September or October." - GRRM Feb 2009

"It is going pretty well actually, I am hoping to finish it by September or October that is my goal." - GRRM July 2009

"We're hoping to have a finished manuscript by Christmas. He's told me he has five chapters left and bits of each chapter are done. He really wants it done by the end of the year. We really -- I mean really -- want to announce the pub date in January." - Anne Groel October 2010

APRIL 27, 2011 - A Dance of Dragons finished

:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan:
1567.gif