A Quiet Place: Day One | Discussion Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Because the title is misleading af :comeon:

That's like the title of bad boys 4 being "bad boys how it all began"... a whole lie :comeon:
I don't think it was misleading, I think we all knew it was about the first day of the attack but in a big city. I never got the sense they were trying to do an origin film for the creatures.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Because the title is misleading af :comeon:

That's like the title of bad boys 4 being "bad boys how it all began"... a whole lie :comeon:

i think it's great that they didn't do a full alien breakdown.

it leaves plenty of scope for sequels.

it's on #3 and still fresh as a daisy. compare and contrast will say predator or even aliens by film 3.

:hubie:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
how is it misleading?

it's the first day they invaded.

I don't think it was misleading, I think we all knew it was about the first day of the attack but in a big city. I never got the sense they were trying to do an origin film for the creatures.

Alot of us were expecting just that. The "day one" in the title and the trailer gave it an independence day feel. As if we were gonna get a glimpse into more of what and why of the aliens.... got none of that..

Again it should been called A Quiet Place In Brooklyn

i think it's great that they didn't do a full alien breakdown.

it leaves plenty of scope for sequels.

it's on #3 and still fresh as a daisy. compare and contrast will say predator or even aliens by film 3.

But by alien and predator 3 we already knew their backstory/ motivations... predator we got that in the first one... by alien 2 we were introduced to the queen alien etc...

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Alot of us were expecting just that. The "day one" in the title and the trailer gave it an independence day feel. As if we were gonna get a glimpse into more of what and why of the aliens.... got none of that..

Again it should been called A Quiet Place In Brooklyn

But by alien and predator 3 we already knew their backstory/ motivations... predator we got that in the first one... by alien 2 we were introduced to the queen alien etc...

yes i know. so they were stale by film 3.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
my theory is they did this to bridge gap to a possible Day 0: origin movie. showing before contact and after (where they learned they can't swim and are attracted to sound)

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Saw it today and I thoroughly enjoyed this film! It's definitely a side story to the Part One & Two rather than a direct sequel. Reminded me of 10 Cloverfield Lane. Lupita really had me, especially at the end. Was not expecting that :to:. Joseph Quinn surprised me as well because I had only ever seen him in Stranger Things S4.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
yes i know. so they were stale by film 3.

I'm a super fan of predator and alien so my opinions on both are super biased and we'll be going back and forth all day about how great/ not great both part 3s were... we ain't got time for all that

Saw it today and I thoroughly enjoyed this film! It's definitely a side story to the Part One & Two rather than a direct sequel. Reminded me of 10 Cloverfield Lane. Lupita really had me, especially at the end. Was not expecting that :to:. Joseph Quinn surprised me as well because I had only ever seen him in Stranger Things S4.

Lupita is THE ONLY reason the movie is halfway tolerable. She literally carried the movie with her great acting. It was easy to get emotionally invested in that character by how brilliant lupita pulled that off. I actually gave a shyt how it was gonna end all because of her... the white boy wasn't terrible either.. but the rest of that shyt :camby:... They could've replaced those blind aliens with walked dead zombies and it would've been just as good

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I'm a super fan of predator and alien so my opinions on both are super biased and we'll be going back and forth all day about how great/ not great both part 3s were... we ain't got time for all that

Lupita is THE ONLY reason the movie is halfway tolerable. She literally carried the movie with her great acting. It was easy to get emotionally invested in that character by how

both she and the new human torch were great. (i think he is a great choice for the FF).

lupita is brilliant :ehh:

brilliant lupita pulled that off. I actually gave a shyt how it was gonna end all because of her... the white boy wasn't terrible either.. but the rest of that shyt :camby:... They could've replaced those blind aliens with walked dead zombies and it would've been just as good

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Lupita is THE ONLY reason the movie is halfway tolerable. She literally carried the movie with her great acting. It was easy to get emotionally invested in that character by how brilliant lupita pulled that off. I actually gave a shyt how it was gonna end all because of her... the white boy wasn't terrible either.. but the rest of that shyt :camby:... They could've replaced those blind aliens with walked dead zombies and it would've been just as good
I agree! From the beginning we learn that her character is going to be completely different from other protagonists in movies like these (the "final girl") but you still root for her to make it regardless. She absolutely is the star and carried it from beginning to end. I loved how Quinn's character was introduced though. He was sympathetic and IMO he is not a white savior character.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
im watching the second one again, after seeing day one and rewatching the first, yesterday, and holy shyt day one fits so much better in my head now.

I completely forgot about the plot in the second one lmao.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
im watching the second one again, after seeing day one and rewatching the first, yesterday, and holy shyt day one fits so much better in my head now.

I completely forgot about the plot in the second one lmao.
part 2 is forgettable. other than the daughter, none of them had anything to do.

useless ass middle child getting his younger brother killed

emily blunt wandering around

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
part 2 is forgettable. other than the daughter, none of them had anything to do.

useless ass middle child getting his younger brother killed

emily blunt wandering around
yea and I guess to your point I forgot Hounsou character was even in part 2. Along with his summary of what happens in NyC on day one.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
People mad they don't get any info on the aliens well that would probably ruin the series. Some dumb explanation where they came from and why. Series is doing just fine without a back story on the aliens. But I'm sure by part 4 we'll get one so just wait a while.
The only lore I want that these a$$hole alien conquer and destroy planets. They burrow into the planet's core to rupture it. Then, they planet hop to the next one.

That's it. That's all I need. I don't want that they are some WMD with some master race hive mind shyt. Which is what loser nerd Cacs want..