A Quiet Place: Day One | Discussion Thread

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
People mad they don't get any info on the aliens well that would probably ruin the series. Some dumb explanation where they came from and why. Series is doing just fine without a back story on the aliens. But I'm sure by part 4 we'll get one so just wait a while.

:hula:

If it'll ruin the series why would they put a back story in part 4 :dahell:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:hula:

If it'll ruin the series why would they put a back story in part 4 :dahell:
cause people are asking for it lol. you in this thread saying this one was a mislead, and many people are as disappointed as you are that the aliens aren't explained...studios gonna studio and take that feedback into consideration, for better or worse, when a sequel is inevitably made.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
They should've gone the independence day route with this. Some of the main or supporting characters being military. More worldwide perspectives. The shock and horror around the world. The "Oh shyt" from news channels and neighborhoods and shyt. nikkaz in Compton hiding being quiet.. Maybe the military capturing one and finding our more about the species etc.. Fighting back with tanks and choppers and jets and ultimately losing of course...

I'm sure that would've been a 400 million dollar budget and studios weren't trying to spend that..

But that's the route I would've preferred than this

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
This was fine. it reminded me of 'The Walking Dead' offshoot episodes that didn't have the main characters.

It was interesting that they seemed to realize pretty quickly that the aliens don't do water which leads me to the same thought I always think about during these alien invasion or apocalyptic tv/movies because I live in that world which is where is the US Navy? :jbhmm:

We got hundreds of of ships, some that are floating cities that can sustain themselves for a long time. I think World War Z touched upon it but not too much else.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
cause people are asking for it lol. you in this thread saying this one was a mislead, and many people are as disappointed as you are that the aliens aren't explained...studios gonna studio and take that feedback into consideration, for better or worse, when a sequel is inevitably made.
Studio execs don't care what coli posters say. they only care about the franchise record profits this made and maybe the B+ cinemascore(same as the first)

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
not for me :hubie:

i was bored to death. i appreciated it being on the shorter side. this was a side story in every way. didn't care about anything the creh was saying about poems and his father. this could've been an episode on hbo max and we'd be none the wiser. not enough meat on the bones for me to even really care tbh.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw this today and liked it. Luptia killed it and I totally not expecting that kind of character. Quinn was really good although I wasn’t sure where they were going with his character in spots. Also they repped cat set :blessed:

i wasn’t expecting an origin story for the aliens/creatures and I think it’s a good idea to stay away from that cause they’re not actually all that interesting and any explanation is likely just have folks disappointed unless they’re able to pull some crazy twist. I actually find no explanation of them being the explanation much more intriguing in a weird cosmic balance of way.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Quiet Place franchise got weird haters. They are inherently simple heartfelt stories more than a monster film.

Years people bytched about dumb monster movie with no story or heart. Quiet Place comes out and people try to hate it.

Three legit good movies with different stories.

Home girl going out on her own terms was poetic and that dying can be beautiful instead sad, ugly, and painful.

I sure as shyt don't want to go back to terrible Tomorrow Wars, Alien and Predators sequels.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Quiet Place franchise got weird haters. They are inherently simple heartfelt stories more than a monster film.

Years people bytched about dumb monster movie with no story or heart. Quiet Place comes out and people try to hate it.

Three legit good movies with different stories.

Home girl going out on her own terms was poetic and that dying can be beautiful instead sad, ugly, and painful.

I sure as shyt don't want to go back to terrible Tomorrow Wars, Alien and Predators sequels.

nikka :comeon:

It's a movie.

Some people wanna go to the movies to be entertained, scared or moved emotionally...

Not watch a two hour poem about dying under the guise of sci fi horror

There's a reason those "terrible" alien and Predator movies have been in the box office going on 3 decades... we like that shyt

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Because the title is misleading af :comeon:

That's like the title of bad boys 4 being "bad boys how it all began"... a whole lie :comeon:
How many times are you going to make the same post?

This was clearly about the first day of the attack in Brooklyn. I didn’t think anything else and I really really don’t care about the origin of the aliens.