A Quiet Place: Day One | Discussion Thread

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Aye, man...Fck all that...

Just tell me if I will find out where the creatures originated from in the Film, or will I be left on a cliff hanger again..

:francis:

There’s no answer to where they come from.

THIS is the problem with this movie...

The title is a LIE and misleading to audiences

This movie should've been called A Quiet Place 3 In New York.. because that's literally all it was.

It was just another episode in the quiet place saga with nupita and the cac trying to survive in alien invaded new york...

the only thing that lent itself to there being a "day one" was the meteor shower. Thats it. No who what when and why them mfs came here. No where they came from. No what they're purpose was. At least with the Alien (sigouney weaver) franchise they atvleast showed you how the b*stards were conceived and born. You got none of that here.

they literally tricked the audience with that "day one" shyt.. /SPOILER]

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

This movie should've been called A Quiet Place 3 In New York.. because that's literally all it was.

It was just another episode in the quiet place saga with nupita and the cac trying to survive in alien invaded new york...

the only thing that lent itself to there being a "day one" was the meteor shower. Thats it. No who what when and why them mfs came here. No where they came from. No what they're purpose was. At least with the Alien (sigouney weaver) franchise they atvleast showed you how the b*stards were conceived and born. You got none of that here.

we did advance the lore.

we saw them eating.

we saw the bridge strategy and that the army forces survived for a while.

we saw their dangerous herd-charge.

we saw their weakness in the rain.

we saw how quickly they drown.

we saw that they have some form of hierarchy.

we saw a possible parent/child relationship.

we saw how they communicate.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They don't want to tell you where they come from, because it's irrelevant to the story. This is a survival story, first and last, so all you get is different pockets of people and the suspense that comes with how they deal with it.

However, through the eyes of these different people, we get to notice different strengths and weakness of the creatures. That's all to it.

The only problem is that they can't do too many more of these without it becoming a redundant bore.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida

Wow!

I done got my girl invested in the planet of the Apes universe and we recently went to see the newest entry, we walked out that Bytch Annoyed and with Even MORE questions.

Now I know not to have my hopes out on this one. If they Don't have an answer made up yet id appreciate them saying THAT than keep dragging it without an Origin

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
People mad they don't get any info on the aliens well that would probably ruin the series. Some dumb explanation where they came from and why. Series is doing just fine without a back story on the aliens. But I'm sure by part 4 we'll get one so just wait a while.
They don't want to tell you where they come from, because it's irrelevant to the story. This is a survival story, first and last, so all you get is different pockets of people and the suspense that comes with how they deal with it.

However, through the eyes of these different people, we get to notice different strengths and weakness of the creatures. That's all to it.

The only problem is that they can't do too many more of these without it becoming a redundant bore.
both of these.

less is more. i don't wanna really know where they come from

cause when franchises finally do that, it's usually stupid shyt that contradicts the first film or it's stupid overall.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
we did advance the lore.

we saw them eating.

we saw the bridge strategy and that the army forces survived for a while.

we saw their dangerous herd-charge.

we saw their weakness in the rain.

we saw how quickly they drown.

we saw that they have some form of hierarchy.

we saw a possible parent/child relationship.

we saw how they communicate.

Everything you described took about two seconds each of actual camera time. Totalling around 15.5 seconds. Out of an hour and 40 minute movie.. They were quick clips, not scenes that detailed more about the aliens.

People mad they don't get any info on the aliens well that would probably ruin the series. Some dumb explanation where they came from and why. Series is doing just fine without a back story on the aliens. But I'm sure by part 4 we'll get one so just wait a while.

I understand there being some sort of "myster" and how that adds to the overall scare of the story... but we're well into a whole fukkin Part 3 of this shyt and the title is literally DAY ONE, implying that we would get more what happened on that day and WHY. Going by this story God might very sent the aliens. Or maybe the aliens are really demons from a portal of hell :comeon:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I understand there being some sort of "myster" and how that adds to the overall scare of the story... but we're well into a whole fukkin Part 3 of this shyt and the title is literally DAY ONE, implying that we would get more what happened on that day and WHY. Going by this story God might very sent the aliens. Or maybe the aliens are really demons from a portal of hell :comeon:
I'm cool with them being demons or what not but just wait, the next one will have some scientist figure out where they are from and how they got to earth and their purpose etc. This movie could have went that route, might of added a more complete plot to what's an already short film on details. I agree by now they could have revealed more but sounds like they are using the "if it ain't broke, don't fix" formula.