A nikka just found that he got diabetes :wow: :mjcry:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That insulin gonna fukk up OP's stomach eat light your body gotta adjust to everything especially how it digests the food...:dead:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
If it's Type 2 you good, change your diet up, hit the gym or be more active, and check your blood sugar regularly my Knicka.

This. Don't let big pharma get to you, thinking you need medications for the rest of your life lol

You can consider lowering your carb intake and upping your protein to keep you fuller. I used to regularly track my blood sugar(was pre diabetes) and always ended up in the lower in the 4-5mmol range.

I also ate nothing but fruits and meat for a whole month and my blood sugar levels dropped too after doing a blood test

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
This. Don't let big pharma get to you, thinking you need medications for the rest of your life lol

You can consider lowering your carb intake and upping your protein to keep you fuller. I used to regularly track my blood sugar(was pre diabetes) and always ended up in the lower in the 4-5mmol range.

I also ate nothing but fruits and meat for a whole month and my blood sugar levels dropped too after doing a blood test
Same here , I just stopped drinking soda and store juice , and started making fruit +vegetable juice blends. Ex pineapple +cucumber +ginger

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

:wow: Alhamdullilah.

:jbhmm: Any advice? Thanks.
Complete 180 degrees lifestyle change. Cold turkey every bad habit. Cardio every day. Fish/chicken, veggies for lunch and dinner. Eggs or smoothies for breakfast. No sugar for first couple months, then maybe once a week. Try it for 6 months and get tested again. Even if you come out of it, you will have to sustain the new lifestyle.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ask your doctor do they have classes (paid through your insurance) on how to eat properly for diabetics. For me, its 600 calories each meal. They will tell y how to figure it out.

Kingofthereal

King of kings
Daps
It was found during a routine check up. Been going through a rough patch the last 2 years or so. Marriage problems, work related stress, then a divorce, and now recently my uncle passed away.

Probably not my uncle passing but everything else.

And yes, it’s type 2.
Probably due to stress and diet. Like a few other posters said, lose the extra weight and watch your diet and you can live a regular life. Don’t let them doctors scare you, it’s a lot of information out there that’ll help you. Not from whack jobs but actual doctors that ACTUALLY care about people and not just a check.

Kingofthereal

King of kings
Daps
Sorry to hear that breh...

Everytime I geaux to the doctors they get pissed cause they swore by time I 25 I would have high blood and diabetes...I'm 39 and still don't. They are in disbelief :francis:
They assume all black people have hypertension or diabetes, my mom had to check a doctor for being shocked she don’t have those two conditions in her late 50s

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
They assume all black people have hypertension or diabetes, my mom had to check a doctor for being shocked she don’t have those two conditions in her late 50s
Is ya Maman fat tho? I was born fat 12lbs 3 oz but I also played sports and lifted weights off and on my entire life. I know Imma get it in day when I'm old but while Im.young? Naw....and these docs were black too lol.

Ironically the white Drs just said keep playing sports and lift weights. But that was in the south tho.

I look at it like the black drs were being cautious with me. But I was born huge and fat tho

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Sorry bout the bad news OP. Stay away from big back food, stay active and you’ll be okay, you might even end up healthier.