A nikka just found that he got diabetes :wow: :mjcry:

Kingofthereal

King of kings
Daps
Is ya Maman fat tho? I was born fat 12lbs 3 oz but I also played sports and lifted weights off and on my entire life. I know Imma get it in day when I'm old but while Im.young? Naw....and these docs were black too lol.

Ironically the white Drs just said keep playing sports and lift weights. But that was in the south tho.

I look at it like the black drs were being cautious with me. But I was born huge and fat tho
No, my mom is skinny.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
what if it's type 1?

Pancreas doesn't make any insulin
Riskier and can lead to other health complications faster
You can still lead a full life
But requires more rigor in daily management of meds, diet
Just a bit of cleaning up here

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease. Your immune cells attack your insulin producing cells of the pancreas. So it’s not technically that the pancreas doesn’t produce insulin, it’s just being destroyed by your body.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was found during a routine check up. Been going through a rough patch the last 2 years or so. Marriage problems, work related stress, then a divorce, and now recently my uncle passed away.

Probably not my uncle passing but everything else.

And yes, it’s type 2.
Did you have increased weight gain over this period?

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
3g - 6g of MSM Powder
Shilajit supplements
Cayenne Pepper supplements
Vitamin C supplements (Garden of Life brand)

Will treat diabetes like Mike Tyson in his prime.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Lol, you don’t have to be obese to get diabetes. Just a shytty diet. my father diabetic he’s never been over weight nor close to obese. My doctor said I’m borderline. My waist fits in size 30 jeans.
I know that but dudes like @KnickstapeCity who is a Knicks fan as all Knicks fans are Obese lol

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I got a couple of family members with Type 2. easily manageable, treatable and reversable. Once you get diagnosed treat it seriously because it's a matter of time before it starts affecting you. High carb-sugar diet will fukk you up sooner or later.

Type 1 and co are the serious ones.

Mafioso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP, what is your A1C?

Type 2 DM can be controlled with diet and exercise. Make sure you are checking your blood glucose regularly (at least once daily) and your A1C every 3 months until you can get it within normal limits. Diabetes can be a bytch but it is possible to control it and live a normal life with it. Working at the hospital made me realize how many ppl are fukked by this shyt.