A nikka just found that he got diabetes :wow: :mjcry:

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It was found during a routine check up. Been going through a rough patch the last 2 years or so. Marriage problems, work related stress, then a divorce, and now recently my uncle passed away.

Probably not my uncle passing but everything else.

And yes, it’s type 2.

Get your diet, exercise, etc. in order breh. Rooting for you. Start with small changes and be consistent.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I probably know more about this than anyone on here, I was diagnosed with an A1c of 11.3% in 2020 after catching covid and I completely reversed it in 3 months and kept it under 5.5% for 4 years straight with no medication. Type 2 is probably one of the easiest diseases out there to manage. As long as your blood sugar doesn't spike, you are practically no different than the average person.

What infruitates me are two things

1) health experts who continue to push outdated information or medication on new people who are recently diagnosed.

2) newly diagnosed people who continue to ignore their new reality and live an unhealthy lifestyle.

The two above need each other to make diabetes the scariest things out there smh

OP, if you need help reversing it and keeping it under 5.5% forever. Holla at your boi

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nikkas thinking Type 2 "runs in the family" in 2024 are lost causes. You can't eat wingstop, drink 36 oz of Sprite, french fries, dessert, and any variation of that regularly and not expect to get Type 2. Type 2 is easily avoidable.

Type 2 Diabetes​

Type 2 diabetes has a stronger link to family history and lineage than type 1, and studies of twins have shown that genetics play a very strong role in the development of type 2 diabetes. Race can also play a role.

Yet it also depends on environmental factors. Lifestyle also influences the development of type 2 diabetes. Obesity tends to run in families, and families often have similar eating and exercise habits.

If you have a family history of type 2 diabetes, it may be difficult to figure out whether your diabetes is due to lifestyle factors or genetics. Most likely it is due to both. However, don’t lose heart! Studies show that it is possible to delay or prevent type 2 diabetes by exercising and losing weight. Learn how you can prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.

There's definitely a genetic component.

A lot of people in my family that have Type 2 aren't even overweight. But yes, you can try to prevent it by eating healthy.

But all that said, you can't assume every health problem somebody has is automatically because of their diet.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Watch your diet. Stay away from processed foods. Watch your sugar and salt intake. Exercise regularly keep your weight under control. Also as a diabetic you will be more prone to getting sick especially with bacterial infections. Take your medicines regularly.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

There's definitely a genetic component.

A lot of people in my family that have Type 2 aren't even overweight. But yes, you can try to prevent it by eating healthy.

But all that said, you can't assume every health problem somebody has is automatically because of their diet.
this. My mom got diabetes out of no where, I’m talking fine one week and in ICU the next. She was maybe 20 pounds overweight but she was never a bad eater nor and overeater, whereas my dad been a good 80 pounds overweight for decades and eats everything, I’m talking I’ll bake a cake and he’ll eat half of it himself, yet brehs A1C and glucose numbers are 💯

Some people are predisposed or have other things going on in their bodies that make them vulnerable to various diseases

That said, my mom doesn’t need to take meds nor insulin anymore cuz she was serious about watching carb intake and losing those 20 pounds. Diabetes is both treatable and beatable

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
  • When your blood sugar runs low, fukk everything else and find something to eat
  • Water is essential
  • Ozempic is accessible
  • Metformin sucks but is needed
  • Prepare for demonic shyts taking meds
  • Realize that you got to watch your proportions
Bottom line, as a type 2, it sucks but it's not as bad as it can be if you take care of yourself.